The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 August 2015, 02:08 AM   #91
sutats
"TRF" Member

This brand is so enigmatic, relatively speaking they did not produce many watches. It feels like a chasm in history that is still being uncovered. Thanks for sharing.
sutats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2015, 11:36 AM   #92
DirtyHarrie
"TRF" Member

Hello All,

This is my first post on Rolex Forums but I've been posting on other watch forums for a while under the same username. I read this thread a year or so ago and now I have come back because of a recent acquisition.

This watch was a personal grail of mine.

I got this guy from a retired Canadian Navy diver. At first I was worried about the dial and hand combination on this 9401/0 but this thread is just full of great news. The serial is a 86XXXX which dates it at 1977, which places it in the 1977-1978 date range mentioned in the article!

At first I thought maybe an old dial was swapped in during a service but now I think because the older dials wont fit on the 2776 that the dial is indeed original and the hands were swapped in a previous service. Or maybe they just aged differently. Either way, I love this watch.

Currently it isn't running but it is off to the watchmaker for some TLC. I can't wait until it is back on my wrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel33 View Post
Hello fellow WiS, I'm now the proud owner of the Black-Bay ancestor, a 94010 Submariner originally issued with this stunning dial/hands combo for only one year, every known examples throughout the world (a very few watches) being in the 8.8/beginning of the 8.9XXX serial range number.

This very small 94010 batch is now well documented in the "Tudor Anthology Book" edited by Mondani as you can see hereafter.

I remember that when the first examples emerged, from different world areas, many of us were skeptical about this dial/hands combo on a 94010 Submariner.

Many thought that this could only be a swap between dials/hands done by watchmakers during the watch services.

However, too many facts were conclusive:

- The serial range of these specific examples, as said above.

- But above all, the fact that this specific dial with rectangular stick markers at 3, 6 and 9 O'clock was only fitted on the previous Tudor Submariner model, the 7016 Submariner.
If the 94010 Submariner also featured from 1980 to 1983 a round markers dial, it was with triangular 3, 6 and 9 markers only (see picture).

-And the ultimate proof is that these two dials are not interchangeable at all, as some people suggested, for the simple reason that the two models feature different ETA movements (2776 ETA for the 94010 Submariner and the 2483 ETA for the 7016 Submariner), which require that the feet of the dial are not positioned at the same place for each model!!!

Thus it is impossible to fit a 7016 (3, 6 and 9 "stick markers") dial instead of a Snowflake 94010 dial as previously envisaged by some skeptical fellows.
No need to say that the specific 7016 Submariner round markers (that was furthermore discontinued) cannot have been modified by local watchmakers throughout the world for watches that are all in the same serial number range….. (And as the regular triangular 3,6 9 stick markers round dial was easily available…).

- Another piece of evidence came from a Canadian Navy member who found four Tudor issued Tudor Submariners (though not engraved) in an old box in his naval base, one of them being a round markers dial/Snowflake hands 94010 Submariner once again in the same serial number range.

My new baby:

The article on this very limited issued Tudor 94040 Sub in the "Tudor Anthology Book":
DirtyHarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2015, 03:07 AM   #93
Blue Lantern
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor 79190
Congrats on the watch! Hope you post pics when you get it back!
Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2015, 07:13 AM   #94
linesiders
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandow13 View Post
hello new to the forum sorry for my English I am french What do you think of my tudor sub 7016/0 IV eta 2483 with dial small rose and needle snowflake thank you

Attachment 611918]
Sorry - I missed this post - what is the serial number? It may have originally been a 7016 with a dial surface that rotted - common in the very early ones, and replaced with a rods - but it also matches the hands well - anything is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfras View Post
To follow up my posting of one week ago..

Tudor Submariner Ref 7021/0, Ser #7933xx, case stamping 1V 68, pictured with completely original watch, Crown (bezelled from use), dial (never replaced, non rot example), hands, insert and crystal. The bracelet is an after market product. Originally purchased from the AD in the International hotel Geneve, 1972.
Very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarrie View Post
Hello All,

This is my first post on Rolex Forums but I've been posting on other watch forums for a while under the same username. I read this thread a year or so ago and now I have come back because of a recent acquisition.

This watch was a personal grail of mine.

I got this guy from a retired Canadian Navy diver. At first I was worried about the dial and hand combination on this 9401/0 but this thread is just full of great news. The serial is a 86XXXX which dates it at 1977, which places it in the 1977-1978 date range mentioned in the article!

At first I thought maybe an old dial was swapped in during a service but now I think because the older dials wont fit on the 2776 that the dial is indeed original and the hands were swapped in a previous service. Or maybe they just aged differently. Either way, I love this watch.

Currently it isn't running but it is off to the watchmaker for some TLC. I can't wait until it is back on my wrist
Look forward to seeing it
Old 16 September 2015, 03:39 PM   #95
xgnjhj
"TRF" Member

Holy moly...that's a beauty. Congrats. I have never seen one before.
xgnjhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2015, 03:42 AM   #96
tonyfabro
Banned

Super cool!
tonyfabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2015, 04:09 PM   #97
sandow13
"TRF" Member

serial number

Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post
Sorry - I missed this post - what is the serial number? It may have originally been a 7016 with a dial surface that rotted - common in the very early ones, and replaced with a rods - but it also matches the hands well - anything is possible

Very nice!

serial number 760xxx
sandow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2015, 07:39 AM   #98
DirtyHarrie
"TRF" Member

Well it made it back home safe. This one wont be leaving my wrist any time soon!

DirtyHarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2015, 11:59 PM   #99
ncstate1201
"TRF" Member

woah those are some of my favorite subs I ever seen, love the bezel on the OP's Tudor.
ncstate1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2016, 01:22 AM   #100
jasebird
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675
Beautiful watch, I'm sure it could tell some great stories!!!
jasebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2016, 02:56 PM   #101
GrandAnimus
"TRF" Member

Watch: This
What an amazing find! In all three colours as well!
GrandAnimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2016, 01:53 AM   #102
NJpakman
"TRF" Member

True beauty my friend. Love these Tudor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NJpakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2016, 06:47 AM   #103
TAG_TOSSER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor And Sinn
Jacek has one for sale. Not too bad of a price considering its the same or lower as his normal snowflake prices... http://www.hqmilton.com/watches/1977...ake-hands-only
Old 23 February 2016, 02:41 AM   #104
sandow13
"TRF" Member

serial number 760...
Old 23 February 2016, 02:44 AM   #105
sandow13
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post

Very nice!

serial number 760...
Old 3 March 2016, 11:03 AM   #106
tanzer208
"TRF" Member

Watch: tudor sub 94010
tudor submariner 94010

Hello all members

I am the proud owner of a 94010 snowflake serial # 947xxx with all square markers,,
it was a gift from a friend whose husband passed away a few years back
it was lying in a box for the past 25 years.
I proceeded calling Rolex Canada in Toronto to find out if i could get it serviced locally here in Montreal ,, they directed me to Chateau D Ivoire downtown ,, Unfortunately i cant show any pictures as it is out for service ,,I will get it back in one months time ,, after giving them the ok to proceed with the cleaning and other repairs including changing the tube and a couple of worn gears in the same axis ,, also they told me that they were going to install a missing part on the bezel insert i suspect it to be the missing pearl !!
My question is ,,, should i get this pearl installed or leave it as is as i am positive it will not be the same color as the nice coffee tint on the dial and needles , also can any one give me info on the rarity of this specific model and serial ie the year of mfg ,,i suspect it is a 1979 from what i have read over the net ,, but not sure at all ,, also the bracelet is not the one listed for this tudor 93150 with 580 end pieces if my memory serves me right
Any info would be well appreciated

I will post pictures as soon as i get it back
Thank you
tanzer208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2016, 06:49 AM   #107
Fosfocreatina
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16618
Hi Tanzer208,

Don't let the service put the new pearl in: it will be of a totally different color of the rest of the tritium and it will be the only element to glow in the dark.
About the bracelet: the correct one is the 9315 with folded links and with 380b end links.

Cheers

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
Fosfocreatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2016, 07:34 AM   #108
blowfish89
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800 Matte
Love these Tudors !
blowfish89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2016, 08:51 AM   #109
tanzer208
"TRF" Member

Will try to cancel the pearl hope its not to late thanks
Old 11 March 2016, 03:10 PM   #110
tanzer208
"TRF" Member

To late they already changed the whole bezel insert and cant get the old one back from rolex they are sorry i thought they would just put in a pearl for 85 dollars !!! not !!!
Old 11 March 2016, 05:50 PM   #111
Fosfocreatina
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16618
😭😤

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Fosfocreatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2016, 08:37 PM   #112
jonatutu
"TRF" Member

This will be one of my many favorite thread haha. I am in love with 9401 and 9411. I definitely buy this over a rolex sub. The ghostly blue on the insert is so cool. In singapore tudor is quite uncommon and to see a tudor sub is even rarer. Wonder how much is it sold overseas. Local in singapore i came across 2 9411 selling at 8ksgd.
jonatutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2016, 05:48 AM   #113
Boxoldnn
"TRF" Member

Here comes another

Just got this picture from the watch servicer, greatly appreciate those who contributed to this thread so I could learn about the watch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 265be8ee-109a-403b-8125-66cc0dbcee46.jpg (107.3 KB, 485 views)
Boxoldnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2016, 04:24 AM   #114
trackpad
"TRF" Member

Hi. Can anyone who posted previously in this thread help to identify the authenticity of this dial and hands combo? Really murky history here, and can't quite determine what I've got.

Ref/Serial is 7412XX – all I know is that it's listed as a Tudor Submariner 7016/0 with an ETA Cal 2483.

Thanks in advance.
trackpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2016, 09:57 PM   #115
trackpad
"TRF" Member

Image in the previous post didn't work for some reason...so I'm trying again.

I can't find any other examples of this combo of Tudor logo, dial plots, dial markings and hands.
trackpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2016, 09:33 PM   #116
ched
Banned

awesome watch!interesting story.
ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2016, 04:54 AM   #117
visualplane
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
I saw a tudor today with a brown bezel and face, and the rose logo. Any idea on the model?
visualplane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2016, 12:08 PM   #118
TAG_TOSSER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor And Sinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackpad View Post

Image in the previous post didn't work for some reason...so I'm trying again.

I can't find any other examples of this combo of Tudor logo, dial plots, dial markings and hands.

Sorry but pic not showing up
Old 13 November 2016, 12:19 PM   #119
AdamITR
"TRF" Member

Hi Guys, another one :). Just received today.

Gallery: https://flic.kr/s/aHskNrrre9

Needs pip to be redone, and second hand lume filled.

Old 13 November 2016, 01:42 PM   #120
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Sweet pics.

Tags
94010 , snowflake