The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 November 2019, 04:04 AM   #1
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Breitling's Trade In Service

I'm not sure how many people saw, but you can now submit a trade in request for any brand on Breitling's website.

https://www.breitling.com/us-en/store/trade-in/

I tried it out yesterday and it was very easy and I had quotes within a couple of hours. It's run by Crown and Caliber and it seems like Breitling adds a little to each offer. Keep in mind that the vouchers you receive back are only good on Breitling's website where everything is full retail. I know other brands have mentioned getting into the preowned game but it's nice to see a brand offer this service right on their own website. I know you can always get more if you sell it yourself, but this isn't a bad option to have if you need to move something and want a Breitling.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 04:10 AM   #2
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Interesting.

Seems like the car dealership used car for new practice.

You probably lose money on the used and here you are paying retail for the new.

Not sure if most people pay retail for a Breitling these days.

I guess it's an OK deal if you want a quick trade up and don't care what it costs.

It will probably be a successful venture for them.
Blansky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 05:19 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Its a smart service to offer.

I'm sure they did an analysis and it made sense.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 05:45 AM   #4
BigMac53
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Its a smart service to offer.

I'm sure they did an analysis and it made sense.
My guess is that they determined that a lot of people prioritize the ease and security of the transaction over anything else, and that's what this service offers; the added sugar on top is if they are also kicking in a little "sweetener" on trade values as indicated by the OP. I think a lot of people don't want to go through the private party sales route - and to be honest, if you are just a casual watch owner (I won't even go as far as to say collector here), but just a casual watch wearer or owner looking for an upgrade on maybe your only watch, this isn't a terrible way to do it.
BigMac53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 01:06 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac53 View Post
My guess is that they determined that a lot of people prioritize the ease and security of the transaction over anything else, and that's what this service offers; the added sugar on top is if they are also kicking in a little "sweetener" on trade values as indicated by the OP. I think a lot of people don't want to go through the private party sales route - and to be honest, if you are just a casual watch owner (I won't even go as far as to say collector here), but just a casual watch wearer or owner looking for an upgrade on maybe your only watch, this isn't a terrible way to do it.
Yup.

And not many people are like those on Forums.

It’s like the car business. Someone’s using trade in convenience because there’s lots of used cars at those dealers.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 01:52 PM   #6
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

I tried with my Datejust 2 and was offered just under $7100. Of that offer, $1100 was added in by Breitling. My Chronomat Airborne was $3250 which included the $500 incentive from Breitling. I didn’t think either amount was too far off fair market value.

You’d have to figure ADs are buying these watches at 60% of retail so if Breitling can sell directly to you at full retail with this bonus trade in offer, they’re still making out. I agree it’s not for the guys here on the forum, but for the average watch guy, it’s very convenient.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote