The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 November 2017, 03:14 AM   #31
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamaster GMT
Bet it doesn’t turn so well.
Bocktagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 05:07 AM   #32
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoedoutlander View Post
guys on the "hellcat" forums are getting them for the 10k in range of stickers, same with the trackhawks. dodge is trying to control prices/greed on these crazy track cars.
So, you're at $95k minimum before tax, title and license.

I figure there are two kinds of buyers for this car.

A) Drag racers.
B) Speculators who will just hold onto the car and sell it, hopefully, for a profit in the future. Betting on its rarity to drive up the price over time... kind of like the Ford GT.

Nobody is going to use this car as a daily driver (it would probably make for a miserable commute). They'll take it to car shows, maybe run it down the strip once or twice and just use it on the weekends a few times a month.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 06:59 AM   #33
stockae92
"TRF" Member

Why is it "Controversial"? Are the evil eggs controversial too? :)
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 08:49 AM   #34
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
I cant wait to see one of these on the road. Looks insane
I saw about 5 of them at Sema this year. It looks a little ungainly with the fender flares but I suppose they work to widen the track. They also put a small plaque on the supercharger that looks like Satan trying to escape out of the housing I can't believe it's the fastest car 0-60 being RWD with a million HP in this day and age of AWD cars with a million hp. That's the most impressive number to me about that car.
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 08:51 AM   #35
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRider View Post
So, you're at $95k minimum before tax, title and license.

I figure there are two kinds of buyers for this car.

A) Drag racers.
B) Speculators who will just hold onto the car and sell it, hopefully, for a profit in the future. Betting on its rarity to drive up the price over time... kind of like the Ford GT.

Nobody is going to use this car as a daily driver (it would probably make for a miserable commute). They'll take it to car shows, maybe run it down the strip once or twice and just use it on the weekends a few times a month.
The president where I work daily drives a hellcat. Rain or shine all year. I don't suspect he's using the "hot" version key though but I don't see why a demon couldn't be daily driven.
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Old 14 November 2017, 09:00 AM   #36
ejvette
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: me break clays..
I drove my brother-in-laws Hellcat I thought that was crazy fast at 700HP

"The only difference between crazy and eccentric is the size of ones bank account" Anonymous

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
ejvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 09:36 AM   #37
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

I think an even crazier car will be the upcoming ZR1. Although it has nearly 100 less hp (750), the ZR1 is going to be so much lighter and more nimble. Any wrong move and you’ll be toast in that thing.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 09:41 AM   #38
rolex75216
"TRF" Member

They should provide Dodge Demons to all of the brave men and women in Law Enforcement for catching the bad guys!
Old 14 November 2017, 09:52 AM   #39
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

Pretty damn hot!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Mick8moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 09:59 AM   #40
achenator
"TRF" Member

The times with this car were made on a professionally prepped track on a perfect night with like a -1000 density altitude. The 2.3 0-60 is awesome but you will never see that time on the street. One of the magazines took one to a normal test and tune at a normal track on a normal night and the best they could get was low 11s. Something like a 911 turbo, GTR or a Tesla will bust this thing a new one from a stoplight or even on the track on a normal night with an average driver.
achenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 10:54 PM   #41
Maybelline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by achenator View Post
The times with this car were made on a professionally prepped track on a perfect night with like a -1000 density altitude. The 2.3 0-60 is awesome but you will never see that time on the street. One of the magazines took one to a normal test and tune at a normal track on a normal night and the best they could get was low 11s. Something like a 911 turbo, GTR or a Tesla will bust this thing a new one from a stoplight or even on the track on a normal night with an average driver.
Where did you get this from?

A bone stock hellcat with just drag radials will run high tens low elevens all day at the track.
Maybelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 11:19 PM   #42
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post

A bone stock hellcat with just drag radials will run high tens low elevens all day at the track.
Those types of comments happen all the time on car forums. There will always be the naysayers.

Take nothing away from this Demon. It is a marvel in its ownright.

And personally, if I had the loot, my money would be going to the DD rather to any Tesla, GTR or most anything else that does not start with a P.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 11:43 PM   #43
Maybelline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Those types of comments happen all the time on car forums. There will always be the naysayers.

Take nothing away from this Demon. It is a marvel in its ownright.

And personally, if I had the loot, my money would be going to the DD rather to any Tesla, GTR or most anything else that does not start with a P.
Maybelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2017, 12:10 AM   #44
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Seth is bang on, the Demon will give you emotions and adrenaline doses that no emotionless car like the Tesla and GTR can match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2017, 12:57 AM   #45
raulpsanch12
"TRF" Member

Watch: es & Watches &....
Thats insane
raulpsanch12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2017, 01:57 AM   #46
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:

Exactly what I was thinking.
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2017, 01:58 AM   #47
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocktagon View Post
Bet it doesn’t turn so well.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...an-a-viper-acr

1G on the Skidpad?
Old 15 November 2017, 02:13 AM   #48
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Would love to drive one of these. I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Hellcat. Took one for the weekend when they first came out. Crazy fun to drive and actually very streetable. Easy to drive, but all the power is there when you want it. Reminded me of a 60-70's muscle car but with a ton more power and technology. You can get the Hellcat loose pretty easy but you have to try to do it and it was easy to correct. If I went this route I would need 2 cars. Need something for winter so stick with the Euro AWD performance. Much prefer driving RWD muscle, but have to make compromises...

This Demon is another level. Curious as to how it drives off the track.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2017, 03:48 AM   #49
yvrclimber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Seth is bang on, the Demon will give you emotions and adrenaline doses that no emotionless car like the Tesla and GTR can match.

If you drove a GT-R, you wouldn't call it emotionless. It's a grin factory. I owned one for nine years and never tired of that punch.
yvrclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2017, 05:54 AM   #50
1st amg

I️ have driven countless GTR being very involved in auto racing clubs. I️ am not doubting its abilities, but the combination of state of the art all wheel drive, electronics for every single driver aid imaginable. This car has no soul. If you are a crappy driver, this car will flaunt you and your lack of driving skills. A car like a Demon if you lack in the skill department , will kill you. And, the car sounds like a vacuum cleaner with a hole in the suction tube.

Old 15 November 2017, 05:58 AM   #51
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
I️ have driven countless GTR being very involved in auto racing clubs. I️ am not doubting its abilities, but the combination of state of the art all wheel drive, electronics for every single driver aid imaginable. This car has no soul. If you are a crappy driver, this car will flaunt you and your lack of driving skills. A car like a Demon if you lack in the skill department , will kill you. And, the car sounds like a vacuum cleaner with a hole in the suction tube.

Not to mention just having either car sitting and idling. DEMON>GTR
Old 15 November 2017, 06:01 PM   #52
yvrclimber
"TRF" Member

Dodge Demon

Quote:

Or take a skilled driver to the next level. We'll have to agree to differ.

I'll give you the exhaust point, which is why the first mod people do is custom exhaust. Like many cars, GT-R or otherwise (father-in-law's Challenger comes to mind).

I still think the Demon is a one trick pony with no finesse whatsoever. Like the Vipers, etc before it. Once you've played that party piece, what's left? Cruising down Main Street? Idling in the driveway for your buddies?

Buying new tires maybe heh heh heh
yvrclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2017, 06:55 PM   #53
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

I don't know but a hardcore package Viper had the track record at the ring short shifting and won Le Mans several times. The Demon is just meant to be badass but still have a full warranty. Keep in mind it's a bone stock car and Dodge won't void your warranty if you take it to the strip. I read Dodge did an obsessive amount of launches on that car with 0 problems. Can't remember the exact number but it was completely reckless. A factory car with real launch control on skinnies that wheelies with a warranty!!?? How can you not love that!! Also a RWD car that has the record for production cars 0-60 in a day and age of AWD Hyper cars. Totally nuts. Not even an E85 tune at that. Couple snaps from Sema this year.

Old 15 November 2017, 07:04 PM   #54
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

And here's the elephant in the room 2300 whp stock looking Huracan. I walked right passed it until I saw the two BOV's in the back. "Hey look another Huracan........wait a minute!!!" ☠️

Old 15 November 2017, 11:43 PM   #55
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Im guessing that if they arent already presold, dealer mark up will have this car sitting on the dealership floor for at least $125K
Old 16 November 2017, 07:56 AM   #56
1st amg

I will let you know, I have an appointment with my Dodge dealer tomorrow. He is looking into final numbers and availability here in canada

Old 16 November 2017, 12:11 PM   #57
achenator
"TRF" Member

Quote:

oh I'm sorry., the best they could get out of it was 10.7, I was wrong. And they said that was a feat.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...n-first-drive/
Old 16 November 2017, 12:13 PM   #58
achenator
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
I don't know but a hardcore package Viper had the track record at the ring short shifting and won Le Mans several times. The Demon is just meant to be badass but still have a full warranty. Keep in mind it's a bone stock car and Dodge won't void your warranty if you take it to the strip. I read Dodge did an obsessive amount of launches on that car with 0 problems. Can't remember the exact number but it was completely reckless. A factory car with real launch control on skinnies that wheelies with a warranty!!?? How can you not love that!! Also a RWD car that has the record for production cars 0-60 in a day and age of AWD Hyper cars. Totally nuts. Not even an E85 tune at that. Couple snaps from Sema this year.

Yeah it' the fastest on drag radial on a prepped track. I can't wait to embarrass one of these from a stoplight in my R8 v10+ with 190 less HP .
Old 16 November 2017, 12:43 PM   #59
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achenator View Post
Yeah it' the fastest on drag radial on a prepped track. I can't wait to embarrass one of these from a stoplight in my R8 v10+ with 190 less HP .

Bring a couple turbos with you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2r09k1pRZ0o
Old 16 November 2017, 01:10 PM   #60
achenator
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
Bring a couple turbos with you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2r09k1pRZ0o
notice how I said stoplight and not a roll? I roll raced my 1300+ AWHP GT-R at the premier events for 3 years. I know all about it. HP usually wins. I am talking about digging it out on the street from a dead stop. And not that it makes much difference but my r8 is a 17 and makes a little bit more and probably has a better trans than the old one in the vid. Not that it would be a challenge for a demon from a roll though. you want a fast car vid? this is my old roll race car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swReJjp9cJY