The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 28 May 2023, 11:00 PM   #181
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Hmmmm Dallas...this series is getting interesting. Ironically, with that baffoon Benn suspended, the team wins both games. Lots of rest for the Panthers.
Yep, they’ve made a series out of it … now it’s a dog fight.

The Panthers will be well rested and waiting.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2023, 02:35 AM   #182
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Vegas needs to treat game 6 like it's game 7.

Everything in. And end this.
Old 31 May 2023, 05:21 AM   #183
REQUIEMnJADED4U
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C Date, Pepsi
What are the finals predictions gents? I'm going with Florida in 6 but do hope that Vegas pulls it off.
REQUIEMnJADED4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 05:30 AM   #184
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by REQUIEMnJADED4U View Post
What are the finals predictions gents? I'm going with Florida in 6 but do hope that Vegas pulls it off.
I'm going with FL. When I look at these 2 teams, I think Bobrovsky is the big difference. He could single-handedly win this series by himself.
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 05:43 AM   #185
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REQUIEMnJADED4U View Post
Florida in 5.
Old 31 May 2023, 06:06 AM   #186
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
I would like Florida to win this, but I think Vegas has too much fire power spread over 4 lines. Their Dee also has some incredible talent. I really do not want to see Vegas win this, but its going to be really tough for Tkachuk and company.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 08:43 AM   #187
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
I would like Florida to win this, but I think Vegas has too much fire power spread over 4 lines. Their Dee also has some incredible talent. I really do not want to see Vegas win this, but its going to be really tough for Tkachuk and company.

What about Bob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 03:16 PM   #188
Carguy87

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Damn Nick going to do my Knights like that? Lol

I’m going with Vegas in 5

Or in 4 if they play four games like that absolute beating we threw Dallas in game 6
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 08:49 PM   #189
1st amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Damn Nick going to do my Knights like that? Lol

I’m going with Vegas in 5

Or in 4 if they play four games like that absolute beating we threw Dallas in game 6
No disrespect Steve! Even though Vegas has the most Canadian hockey players at 15, which is the highest concentration of Canadians out of all 16 teams to make the playoffs this year.... it's my personal angst against Mark Stone who used to be my teams pride and joy. He left, and we got pretty crappy returns for him. That's it, that's all!
Old 1 June 2023, 01:24 AM   #190
Carguy87

Quote:
No disrespect Steve! Even though Vegas has the most Canadian hockey players at 15, which is the highest concentration of Canadians out of all 16 teams to make the playoffs this year.... it's my personal angst against Mark Stone who used to be my teams pride and joy. He left, and we got pretty crappy returns for him. That's it, that's all!
All good brother just teasin’. Nothing but love for you and since the only teams I cheer for are in the West I’d love to see a Senators / Knights or a Senators / Sharks Stanley Cup Finals some day!

(Not to derail the thread but I hope your knee is continuing to get better too!)
Old 1 June 2023, 03:19 AM   #191
REQUIEMnJADED4U
"TRF" Member

I've been blessed to go to a Super Bowl, World Series, and Stanley Cup finals games before but the atmosphere I experienced in Vegas to see my beloved New York Rangers play their first ever game there is second to none in American sports.

I was afraid Vegas would be full of plastic fans and corporate suits catering to clients in their seats but there are a lot of genuine fans there. Good for whichever team wins, lets hope for a tremendous series!
Old 1 June 2023, 03:49 AM   #192
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

When I had season tickets in Edmonton in the 1980s the playoffs were another level. During the seasons Edmonton fans were not super noisy but come playoff time it was another story.

I had a pair of tickets with 2 other guys, so we each got 1/3 or the games and we had to travel 80 miles to the games so we bid with each other for the games, at the beginning of the season.

The playoff were just numbered games 1 to however far they went. So I just figured well, this series should go X number of home games and the next should go X number so to win the Stanley Cup should take 12 or 15 home games ( I don't remember if I chose 12 or 15) and lo and behold I'd chosen correctly and on May 19, 1984, they won it and I was there to witness it. Gretzky et al first Stanley Cup after only 5 years in the league. https://oilersnation.com/news/the-roundup-56

The building was as loud as I'd ever heard it. You couldn't hear the announcers or whistles, it was just mayhem.

An interesting thing was back then, there was no jumbo-tron, so no replays. If you looked away you'd miss a goal or a play. We taped everything so we could see it when we got home. But the games were broadcasted locally on ITV in Edmonton so people would bring these small TVs like 6-8 inch screens to the games with rabbit ears and when someone would score a goal, you could see a group of people hunkered down around some guy who had the replay on his lap held TV. Hilarious.

That was the most incredible game I ever saw and the loudest. I've seem games in LA at the Coliseum which was fairly quiet and at the Shark Tank in San Jose which were very loud as well, with Sharkie rappelling down from the ceiling.

Think I'm going for Florida although this long layoff may be a momentum breaker.
Old 1 June 2023, 01:32 PM   #193
Carguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
When I had season tickets in Edmonton in the 1980s the playoffs were another level. During the seasons Edmonton fans were not super noisy but come playoff time it was another story.

I had a pair of tickets with 2 other guys, so we each got 1/3 or the games and we had to travel 80 miles to the games so we bid with each other for the games, at the beginning of the season.

The playoff were just numbered games 1 to however far they went. So I just figured well, this series should go X number of home games and the next should go X number so to win the Stanley Cup should take 12 or 15 home games ( I don't remember if I chose 12 or 15) and lo and behold I'd chosen correctly and on May 19, 1984, they won it and I was there to witness it. Gretzky et al first Stanley Cup after only 5 years in the league. https://oilersnation.com/news/the-roundup-56

The building was as loud as I'd ever heard it. You couldn't hear the announcers or whistles, it was just mayhem.

An interesting thing was back then, there was no jumbo-tron, so no replays. If you looked away you'd miss a goal or a play. We taped everything so we could see it when we got home. But the games were broadcasted locally on ITV in Edmonton so people would bring these small TVs like 6-8 inch screens to the games with rabbit ears and when someone would score a goal, you could see a group of people hunkered down around some guy who had the replay on his lap held TV. Hilarious.

That was the most incredible game I ever saw and the loudest. I've seem games in LA at the Coliseum which was fairly quiet and at the Shark Tank in San Jose which were very loud as well, with Sharkie rappelling down from the ceiling.

Think I'm going for Florida although this long layoff may be a momentum breaker.
That’s awesome about Sharkie! As a kid I attended a game in ‘99 with my family where he got twisted up in the rappelling line and got stuck halfway between the top of the rafters and the ice. The game was delayed 45 mins because the fire department had to come rescue him and the sharks got a big fine from the NHL. I don’t remember seeing him do any rappelling after that lol.
Old 1 June 2023, 08:47 PM   #194
Yobber76

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
Hard to bet against Florida, they seem to have the combination of attacking the puck, physical play, and the hot goalie. Vegas has great team defense, and 4 lines that can all score. I have no prediction, but it would be cool to see Vegas win.
Yobber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 06:55 AM   #195
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
It's hard for a Bruins fan.
Root for the team that beat you out of a historic season in the first round or root for the coach that we fired last year and replaced.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 07:04 AM   #196
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Bay Rider View Post
Root for the team that beat you out of a historic season in the first round or root for the coach that we fired last year and replaced.
I can see the conflict
Old 2 June 2023, 07:14 AM   #197
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Bay Rider View Post
It's funny that a lot of people root for the team that beat them so they can say, we were second best. We lost to the team that won.

The coaching thing is funny. They should just rotate them all every 3 years like musical chairs.

Oh wait, they already do.
Old 2 June 2023, 07:46 AM   #198
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
Quote:
It's funny that a lot of people root for the team that beat them so they can say, we were second best. We lost to the team that won.

The coaching thing is funny. They should just rotate them all every 3 years like musical chairs.

I'm inclined to support Florida due to the hard, persistent play that produced their success. They were tenacious. As Shorsey (69) says, it's not about wanting to win, it's about hating to lose.
Bruce Cassidy wasn't well liked among the Bruins players and never got the best out of them. Playoffs notwithstanding, Montgomery was great for the team.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 08:20 PM   #199
1st amg

And now Kyle Dubas is GM of the Penguins. He has his work cut out for him there.

One more day to get this thing going again....Pretty long layoff for the Panthers, hope it does not squash their momentum.
Old 2 June 2023, 08:27 PM   #200
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

The GM’s too …
Old 3 June 2023, 12:37 AM   #201
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
The GM’s too …
I think they generally get 7 years. And get to fire/blame at least 2 coaches.
Old 5 June 2023, 03:58 PM   #202
Carguy87

One down three to go! GO KNIGHTS GO!!!
Old 6 June 2023, 12:54 AM   #203
Mifune
Banned

Las Vegas is PUMPING with excitement... and deservedly so.
the town loves the Knights.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2023, 01:00 AM   #204
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

I have to say, LV and hockey may not seem like the most natural fit, but man the energy in that building is off the charts!

Well done on game 1
Old 7 June 2023, 12:09 AM   #205
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Given the fact that Vegas is a perfectly put together team and with a hot goalie, Florida is in trouble.

They've also seemed to have lost their rhythm after the 10 day layoff which can happen.

Game 3 will decide if this is a series or not.

Speaking of brawlers, this chick is pretty good.

https://www.bladeofsteel.com/Vegas-F...the-Way-243707
Old 7 June 2023, 06:21 AM   #206
REQUIEMnJADED4U
"TRF" Member

Florida is in real trouble. Vegas if filing on all cylinders and I doubt we see Vegas blow the series like my beloved Rangers did after going up 2-0 in the series.
Old 7 June 2023, 09:04 AM   #207
Carguy87

Quote:
I have to say, LV and hockey may not seem like the most natural fit, but man the energy in that building is off the charts!

Well done on game 1
Thanks for the well wishes Brian! I hope we get to see a Canadian team hoist the cup next year for you after Vegas wins their first one in franchise history!
Old 7 June 2023, 09:36 AM   #208
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Thanks for the well wishes Brian! I hope we get to see a Canadian team hoist the cup next year for you after Vegas wins their first one in franchise history!

You have an exciting team there. So great to see that hockey is taking hold in LV

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 7 June 2023, 10:13 AM   #209
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

If Vegas does win this I wonder if the league is going add this to the contract talks with the players assoc, pertaining to the cap overages during the playoffs.

Tampa was something like 11 million over the cap when they won a couple of years ago and Vegas will be over 9.6 million if they win.

Right now it's all legal to put a player on LTIR (long term injured reserve) and fill in his cap hit with whomever you bring in, and once the playoff start, you can bring back your LTIR player and voila, you're team is playing legally being millions over the cap. This is only possible because player salaries and the cap, only pertain to the regular season.

Tampa did it with Kucherov and now Vegas did it with Stone, adding 3 players to their lineup.

You have to wonder if Gary Betman is hearing flak from other teams that this loophole is winning teams the cup.

We shall see.
Old 7 June 2023, 11:15 AM   #210
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:

You have an exciting team there. So great to see that hockey is taking hold in LV

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
No town loves a winner quite like Vegas.