The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 6 August 2011, 01:19 PM   #1
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing your 6......
Anyone here bought from Sant Blanc?

I'm looking at this mid-size Yachtmaster.

http://www.santblanc.com/index.php/r...lue-68623.html

What do you think?

Thanks
Andelain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2011, 02:24 AM   #2
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Any opinions on either? Is it real? The seller lists on ebay as generalwar. I'm real close to pulling the trigger on this one.

Thanks all.
Old 7 August 2011, 03:09 AM   #3
BOA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD
Generalwar has been on the bay for ages. I looked at the site, and it looks good to me. There's a phone number on the contact page you can call, perhaps increase your comfort level.
BOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2011, 03:09 AM   #4
sirjohnbrian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 'chu lookin' at???
I have had no direct experience with them but I recall a thread a year or so ago that suggested they were reputable.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Simpson

SS Midsize DJ 68274 "L"
TT Jubilee DJ 116233 "Z"
Sea Dweller DS 116660 "V"
SS White Dial Daytona "V"
sirjohnbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2011, 03:15 AM   #5
jefstathiou
"TRF" Member

A friend of mine has purchased two watches from them with no issues. Myself, I have come close to buying from them, but I find their prices to be on the high side. On balance they always seem to have a good selection, and appear to enjoy a good reputation. Price aside, I would buy from them.
Omega Speedmaster Ref 311.30
Omega De Ville St. Moritz Ref. 4842.20.32
jefstathiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2011, 09:24 AM   #6
Gagebuilder
"TRF" Member

Watch: out for yelow snow
No financial transactions, but I have talked to them by phone. They passed my due dilligence, but couldn't agree on $$.
Gagebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2011, 09:28 AM   #7
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Talk to Jon Todd. He's aces.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2011, 09:29 AM   #8
Gagebuilder
"TRF" Member

Watch: out for yelow snow
Thanks!
Gagebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2011, 09:38 AM   #9
z32turbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Varies
Everything looks great but their prices.

Instagram @z32turbo
z32turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2011, 10:06 AM   #10
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z32turbo View Post
Everything looks great but their prices.
Can you point me toward that same watch for less $$$? (seriously, not sarcasm) Mid-size TT YM with blue face is what I've decided I want. I've looked at others and haven't been able to beat the price by much, and some sellers want a lot more for it.

Thanks everyone for the input, I did a search here for generalwar and mostly what I could find it that scammers like to steal his pics.
Old 11 September 2011, 10:48 AM   #11
airball7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Zenith Daytona
Bought a NIB Milgauss GV and a WG Day-Date. Could not possibly have had better experiences. Also had him service a few of my Rolexes and change a dial, and they came back great. His watch repair guy is reputedly one of the best. He stands behind his product, gives a 3 year warranty as well. Grade A+.
airball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2011, 04:48 AM   #12
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagebuilder View Post
No financial transactions, but I have talked to them by phone. They passed my due dilligence, but couldn't agree on $$.
x2

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
hsfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2012, 04:01 AM   #13
dbelle7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Everose DD
Icon14 Love my Midsize Yacht-Master from Sant Blanc

Jon Todd was great to deal with...the watch is perfection, exactly what I wanted. Would not hesitate to recommend Sant Blanc and I will purchase again.
dbelle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2012, 06:23 AM   #14
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Welcome to the Forum dbelle7

What did you buy?
Please post some pics of your new watch.
Thanks

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2012, 01:43 PM   #15
dbelle7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Everose DD
Thank you 77T....I bought a mid size SS Yachtmaster from Sant Blanc, picking up my Daytona from AD next weekend...sorry so long to reply, still getting used to how this forum works!
dbelle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2012, 04:55 AM   #16
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

After reading this thread, I attempted a purchase from them through eBay (for either a full-size YM blue or Sub anniv, I'm completely torn). Although we couldn't come to an agreement on price for either watch, they were very responsive, professional, and cordial. Based on my dealings with them over the last few days, I'd definitely buy from them in the future (if we could meet in the middle on price!).

Thanks for your time Jon and Jacob.
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2012, 06:50 AM   #17
scocope

Alot of these postings of this type always refer to the fact that alot of sellers are asking too much money for their watches. Is there anyway some would start a thread where people could start posting what they paid for their watch and include the condition. At some point I could see it morphing into something like a "bluebook" of watches; where, like with the bluebook of car prices, we can see retail, wholesale, and even trade-in values depending on watch condition and/or options
scocope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2012, 03:43 PM   #18
apmav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelain View Post
Can you point me toward that same watch for less $$$? (seriously, not sarcasm) Mid-size TT YM with blue face is what I've decided I want. I've looked at others and haven't been able to beat the price by much, and some sellers want a lot more for it.

Thanks everyone for the input, I did a search here for generalwar and mostly what I could find it that scammers like to steal his pics.

You can check with Capetowndiamond, I find their prices better. I have purchased a 18k YG president from them and the watch was immaculate. Well worth a look on their site (http://www.capetownstore.com) for what you are looking for.
apmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2012, 02:00 PM   #19
doublebarrel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apmav View Post
You can check with Capetowndiamond, I find their prices better. I have purchased a 18k YG president from them and the watch was immaculate. Well worth a look on their site (http://www.capetownstore.com) for what you are looking for.
hi there would just like to know if capetown diaminds are good sellers im looking to buy a new ceramic sub from ebay and they have some good ones ?
thanks.
Rob.
doublebarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2012, 04:08 AM   #20
gbcecil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 118238
Quote:

This is true, Jon has excellent pictures. He has a full staff including a photographer, a CW21 watchmaker, and so on. You can see most of his watches on his SantBlanc website.
Old 18 February 2012, 11:20 AM   #21
blue lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's just a watch.
I also considered some of their watches via Ebay but found a better deal elsewhere. They seem reputable.
blue lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2012, 02:55 PM   #22
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116613LN Sub
Located in Branson, MO

If one drills down, you'd discover that Jon has a bricks and mortar store located in Branson, MO Want a better price than on the "Bay ?" Let your fingers do the walking rather than complain on here. In others words, call him. He has to cover the fees charged by eBay based on the selling price. Thus, a higher price than the "cash price" if you contact him directly.
Old 20 February 2012, 07:10 PM   #23
littleronnie

hey this looks nice, ive bought from them once a dj back in 2011, great service and no problems.
littleronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2012, 09:51 PM   #24
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
I have bought several from Jon Todd--he is legit and 100%.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2012, 03:23 AM   #25
airball7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Zenith Daytona
If the whole watch world operated as Jon Todd does, ADs would be a thing of the past - and so would RSCs. He delivers exactly what he promises, stands behind his product, and has a true full-service operation. If the prices are a touch steep on the Bay, contact him directly. He's competitive and even if he comes out a hair pricier, you get a rock-solid 3-year warranty and guarantee from Sant Blanc. He's also helpful if you're looking to trade-in something you've previously purchased from him. Grade A; I am more comfortable doing business with him than with any of my ADs.
airball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2012, 06:16 AM   #26
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airball7 View Post
If the whole watch world operated as Jon Todd does, ADs would be a thing of the past - and so would RSCs. He delivers exactly what he promises, stands behind his product, and has a true full-service operation. If the prices are a touch steep on the Bay, contact him directly. He's competitive and even if he comes out a hair pricier, you get a rock-solid 3-year warranty and guarantee from Sant Blanc. He's also helpful if you're looking to trade-in something you've previously purchased from him. Grade A; I am more comfortable doing business with him than with any of my ADs.
A lot of strong recommendations for them, that's good to hear. I didn't end up getting that Yachtie that I linked to from thier site, although it's a pretty one. The price really doesn't seem out of line with others like it I've seen. Think I'll give them a shout if I see something they have that I can't live without.

Thanks, everyone!

Old 20 March 2012, 12:22 PM   #27
ethanten
"TRF" Member

Icon11 Sant Blanc

Quote:
I'm looking at this mid-size Yachtmaster.

http://www.santblanc.com/index.php/r...lue-68623.html

What do you think?

Thanks
I bought a gold rolex from Generalwar [Sant Blanc] after extensive research on quite a few ebay sellers and after contacting Jon Todd by phone and email. The service is superlative. My watch was delivered the next day. I find them to be professionals and highly knowledgeable. I am very happy with my watch plus a buying experience that is beyond my expectations. If I have to buy another watch I will buy from them in a heartbeat. 5 STARS!!
ethanten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2012, 11:34 AM   #28
buke45
Banned

Watch: Your Butt
Jon is the best, he is a true southern gentleman!!!
It might seems the he charges a little more but it's because all the product he sells is LNIB no matter what the serial# is
buke45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2012, 12:40 AM   #29
1kw
"TRF" Member

I have purchased a SS GMT -C, SS Sub-C, SS Sub-LV, TT Sub- C and had a diamond bezel installed on my wifes SS datejust. He is very professional, 3 of the watches were brand new still in the factory plastic . The rolex ID cards either had my name on them from authorized dealers or were open. He is reputable.
1kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2012, 01:12 AM   #30
tudorluv
"TRF" Member

I purchased a GMT II D serial and a 2011 Sub-C Date from GeneralWar (Jon Todd). The D serial Coke GMT II came with a 1990's rolex box instead of the newer wave style box. Both had incorrect accessories, i.e., the GMT came with a "date just" booklet??? and the sub-c came with a 16610 booklet instead of the newer correct 116610LN booklet. The pictures depicted a more accurate and complete booklet and box set (which was not what I received). My GMT is out of COSC and ran 10 seconds fast from the time I received it and still does today. My Sub-C card was signed and dated even though it was brand new. It came from an Italian AD but I got the stock paper carrier instead of the leather paper carrier which european AD's provide. I cannot recommend a future purchase from Sant Blanc. I definitely see the value in an AD. Just my personal experiences.
tudorluv is offline   Reply With Quote