The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 29 March 2020, 01:39 AM   #4171
Dawg2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
my dad passed away today due to pneumonia caused by the virus. he was on a ventilator for 3 days and everything was looking a lot better then his heart just stopped. its really no joke, stay safe everyone.

58 years old and completely healthy, unbelievable
So sorry for your loss.
Old 29 March 2020, 01:46 AM   #4172
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
my dad passed away today due to pneumonia caused by the virus. he was on a ventilator for 3 days and everything was looking a lot better then his heart just stopped. its really no joke, stay safe everyone.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Sadly another proof of how devastiting this terrible disease is. May your father rest in peace. Love and strengh to you and your family in these difficult times.
Old 29 March 2020, 02:04 AM   #4173
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Well Godspeed the Wuhan citizenry if loosening their restrictions proves unwise. But if loosening works with social distancing and increased hygiene then we all will learn something from their decision.

On restrictions here, my State leadership decided against it and deferred to Counties/Cities. My County decided yesterday to lockdown. But failed to give fair warning, it took place at Midnight that very day.

Reasonable exceptions and a small thing for me, but major immediate layoffs for all businesses that were “non-essential”. They are the ones who should be first in line for any business stimulus. I have been overnighting cash to family members who were caught completely off guard. Used Adult Signature Required due to amounts.

BTW, anyone shipping a watch via USPS, I learned they suspended collecting signatures in my area. On Registered and other signature required shipments, they knock on the door and are sure an adult takes the package but no signing the mobile device carriers use.

I don’t know UPS or Fedex guidelines but a good question for their customer care dept. before shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will we learn anything though? We saw it coming to start with and instead of reacting we all watched and pointed (By that I mean authorities).

Now the very ones who could have put preventative measures in place are putting it on us to respond to protect services that they failed to.

Just my 0.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 March 2020, 02:09 AM   #4174
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Quote:

So sorry for your loss brother. Prayers for you and your father heading your way.
Old 29 March 2020, 02:12 AM   #4175
77T
2024 Pledge Member

the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggo View Post
Will we learn anything though?

Possibly - May learn how hardy the virus rebounds after abatement measures.

If it comes back strong, then a learning might be to keep shutdowns for more time than Wuhan did.

If it doesn’t rebound strong, then more emphasis on hygiene, masks and social distancing may be worthwhile.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 29 March 2020, 02:19 AM   #4176
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Possibly - May learn how hardy the virus rebounds after abatement measures.

If it comes back strong, then a learning might be to keep shutdowns for more time than Wuhan did.

If it doesn’t rebound strong, then more emphasis on hygiene, masks and social distancing may be worthwhile.

Good points, hope this time we learn from experiences.

With regard to shutdowns, I can’t see that there’s really much more we could do. I’m in Cardiff (Wales) and it’s deserted, some queues at shops of people across car parks but all respecting the 2M rule.

Full lockdown would hurt so many people as food deliveries are impossible to get, so any more stringent and people will just not get food.

I’m certainly seeing no crowds or gatherings or a holiday mentality.

Old 29 March 2020, 02:22 AM   #4177
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Our neighborhood is full of families with young children. When our schools closed, we headed up to the mountains to practice strong social distancing at our condo.

During this time, our neighborhood had a St. Paddy’s day kids parade, people continued to have play dates for their kids and another extended family held a birthday party. We returned home and saw a gaggle of kids playing across the street. Even my 11 year old said that doesn't look very smart.

In the meantime, friends have posted photos on social media showing cooking lessons and play dates with kids from several families. Two are families of doctors.

Yesterday, we found out that the parents of one family is presumably positive. Recent NYC travel, cough and fever. Their kids were all over the neighborhood playing with other families in their homes.

DO NOT ASSUME ANYONE IS SAFE! Not your neighbors. Not their kids. Help out as much as possible, but please folks, keep your distance to protect yourself and your families.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Old 29 March 2020, 02:27 AM   #4178
DJ39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT
Quote:

I am sorry

Old 29 March 2020, 02:37 AM   #4179
BigBlue1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:

Sorry for your loss. May he Rest In Peace. Unbelievable and very Unfortunate. My deepest condolences.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
Old 29 March 2020, 02:39 AM   #4180
77T
2024 Pledge Member

the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
Our neighborhood is full of families with young children. When our schools closed, we headed up to the mountains to practice strong social distancing at our condo.

During this time, our neighborhood had a St. Paddy’s day kids parade, people continued to have play dates for their kids and another extended family held a birthday party. We returned home and saw a gaggle of kids playing across the street. Even my 11 year old said that doesn't look very smart.

In the meantime, friends have posted photos on social media showing cooking lessons and play dates with kids from several families. Two are families of doctors.

Yesterday, we found out that the parents of one family is presumably positive. Recent NYC travel, cough and fever. Their kids were all over the neighborhood playing with other families in their homes.

DO NOT ASSUME ANYONE IS SAFE! Not your neighbors. Not their kids. Help out as much as possible, but please folks, keep your distance to protect yourself and your families.

Atlanta had same sort of experience in the public parks. Some families simply changed venue and had the same 20+ invitees they would have had at ChuckEcheese. Not smart.

Many others did observe the shutdowns and changed the party to a “drive by parade” of the invitees in their cars to keep a distance and just drop a present at the sidewalk. Smart.

And now we have the most healthy cohort, young runners, clogging the trails that have been closed by order of the officials. They just tear down the police line tape or move the barricades and run without any way to separate.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 29 March 2020, 02:45 AM   #4181
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
I concur (well, maybe not the dying bit...)

Are the measures having to be enforced or is the population voluntarily agreeing to comply en masse? I ask because a significant minority here seem to just be doing what they want and as yet nothing besides the disapproval of wider society stops them from doing so.
Tens of thousands of sanctions were issued by the police because there's always someone who thinks he's smarter than the others.

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 29 March 2020, 02:56 AM   #4182
RWH
"TRF" Member

I just watched this video. Doc Mike is based locally in NYC and addresses some misconceptions and misleading information.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nt9ldBsMggg
Old 29 March 2020, 03:02 AM   #4183
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Based on narratives and societal perceptions of millennials and younger, this social distancing should be a piece of cake, because their social lives are all online and they never really hangout in person anyway...

Well either that is not the case or the message NOT to do something is having the opposite effect as contrarian reactions take over and they are now socializing MORE now.
Old 29 March 2020, 03:09 AM   #4184
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Just found out my elderly aunt tested positive.

She was with my folks about 10 days ago.

She went out playing cards with her friends afterwards.

Doesn’t change my thoughts on any of this.
If something like that happened here everyone involved and would be quarantined tour two weeks. People tested positive found outside their home will face up to 12 years of prison.

Old 29 March 2020, 03:10 AM   #4185
andyxxx
"TRF" Member

Watch: with confusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Based on narratives and societal perceptions of millennials and younger, this social distancing should be a piece of cake, because their social lives are all online and they never really hangout in person anyway...

Well either that is not the case or the message NOT to do something is having the opposite effect as contrarian reactions take over and they are now socializing MORE now.
I can’t comment for your country, but that is not what I am seeing first hand where I live in the UK.

My daughters are 18 and 14 and they are taking isolation very seriously – as are all of their friends.

There will always be idiots from all walks of society that will not listen to government advice because it doesn’t suit them.
Old 29 March 2020, 03:15 AM   #4186
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
If something like that happened here everyone involved and would be quarantined tour two weeks. People tested positive found outside their home will face up to 12 years of prison.

Yeah unfortunately we have this pesky little thing in the United States called the Constitution. So there’s that.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 29 March 2020, 03:16 AM   #4187
jatco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233/79190
Quote:

Damn...that is a shocker - and unbelievable..at only 58.
I am sorry for your loss, feel your pain and hope you and
all your loved ones are safe.

' A Crown for every achievement '
Old 29 March 2020, 03:20 AM   #4188
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Yeah unfortunately we have this pesky little thing in the United States called the Constitution. So there’s that.
Well, there is this developing story:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ey-connecticut
Old 29 March 2020, 03:27 AM   #4189
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

I had a friend tell me that they have relatives in NYC who are confirmed COVID-19 Positive and these people want to drive down to FL because it is too boring and dreary in NYC right now and they want to chill on the beach..

To my knowledge, there is no way to stop this from happening, except for reliance on ones personal responsibility and sense of civic duty to impede the spread of the virus...

Due to this, enforceable quarantines could be forthcoming. People will not stop as their contrarian reactions and beliefs are seemingly too strong to comply with polite requests to self isolate.

Social behavior scientists will have much to ponder after all this is over.
Old 29 March 2020, 03:32 AM   #4190
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Well you know as well as I do that unless they suspend constitutional rights you can’t stop the first amendment that guarantees the right of assembly. As of right now our quarantine is voluntary and will have to stay that way until the courts decide otherwise.

Instagram - patton250
Old 29 March 2020, 03:33 AM   #4191
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyxxx View Post
I can’t comment for your country, but that is not what I am seeing first hand where I live in the UK.

My daughters are 18 and 14 and they are taking isolation very seriously – as are all of their friends.

There will always be idiots from all walks of society that will not listen to government advice because it doesn’t suit them.

Agreed Andy, I can’t comment on London but here in Cardiff it’s like a ghost town.

Old 29 March 2020, 03:39 AM   #4192
chappuy1750
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: JLC
Quote:

I am so very sorry for your loss.
Old 29 March 2020, 03:41 AM   #4193
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:

He has also talked about military troops along the Border between our two countries.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fed...deau-says.html

Im afraid the genie is already out of the bottle. Every person needs to do their part to try and stop the spread of this virus.
Old 29 March 2020, 03:43 AM   #4194
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
He has also talked about military troops along the Border between our two countries.

Im afraid the genie is already out of the bottle. Every person needs to do their part to try and stop the spread of this virus.
Nothing in the US Constitution against that.

By the way if I recall that was to prevent tariff violations.

Instagram - patton250
Old 29 March 2020, 03:53 AM   #4195
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:

This is such heartbreaking news. My prayers are with your family during this incredibly difficult time.
Old 29 March 2020, 03:55 AM   #4196
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:

My condolences prayers for you and your family
Old 29 March 2020, 03:55 AM   #4197
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:

So sorry Huncho.
Old 29 March 2020, 03:55 AM   #4198
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but wow.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...as-been-fired/
Old 29 March 2020, 03:56 AM   #4199
Doc Savage
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post

The problem we have in America is our ideal of rugged individualism makes many people think that ignoring these sensible recommendations from CDC is an act of heroic resistance.

We are afraid that our situation might look like Italy's, but our disjointed, piecemeal response to this so far practically guarantees we will be much, much worse off than them, even per capita.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 29 March 2020, 03:56 AM   #4200
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Terrible to hear about members father

New Jersey has a total of 65 ventilators in use, only asked for 400, no hospitals are close to capacity-all from news conference with governor right now.

steve
Closed Thread