The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 21 April 2023, 02:22 AM   #61
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Hate to say it (As a huge moser fan) but something is missing here on the dial
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2023, 03:03 AM   #62
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

When I see it, I think cough sweet!? Like a lozenge you would have if unwell.
Love Moser, but no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2023, 03:30 AM   #63
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Hate to say it (As a huge moser fan) but something is missing here on the dial

Agreed! Totally get the point that the brand is recognizable and the Swiss made is “obvious “ but the logo on the green dragon at least fills the emptiness

ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2023, 04:15 AM   #64
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy888 View Post
Here's a quick comparison from:
https://youtu.be/ezeKKWJcuDU?t=16

Now that actually looks like a dull yellow than chocolate or salmon.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2023, 04:17 AM   #65
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Okay, I know this is about the salmon dial, but did anyone know about this monstrosity?

This is a no on so many levels.
Attached Images
File Type: png HMC_6804-0401_gal-259x402.png (91.6 KB, 698 views)
Old 21 April 2023, 06:21 AM   #66
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
Okay, I know this is about the salmon dial, but did anyone know about this monstrosity?

This is a no on so many levels.

True but this one isn’t bad. In fact, I’d love to see the streamliner would look better if it had a black ceramic bezel to frame that dial.

charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2023, 04:00 PM   #67
JP123
"TRF" Member

Really wanted to like the salmon dial but just can’t see myself wearing this. Hoping for a khaki dial next year as I heard somewhere it would go green again but a different green…
JP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2023, 04:33 PM   #68
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

Would love to see one with a vantablack dial
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2023, 09:26 PM   #69
scottwmitch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps354 View Post
That would be incredible!
scottwmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2023, 10:29 PM   #70
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
They have one in Vantablack with tourbillon complication. Saw the RG version in person at Watches Of Switzerland at Wynn Vegas and it is spectacular!!!

Go for it!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2023, 11:15 PM   #71
Dalaruan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
They have one in Vantablack with tourbillon complication. Saw the RG version in person at Watches Of Switzerland at Wynn Vegas and it is spectacular!!!

Go for it!
I think the problem is that either the coating or the glass is not high quality enough, it's very reflective and totally defeats the purpose of vantablack
Mb&f for example has a much better glass and/or coating, even if it's very domed at some angle it almost seems like there's no glass on it
Dalaruan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2023, 02:38 AM   #72
dmottley
"TRF" Member

I like it better than the green dragon. I think that it will be more versatile. I have it on order.
dmottley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2023, 09:36 PM   #73
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmottley View Post
I like it better than the green dragon. I think that it will be more versatile. I have it on order.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 01:34 AM   #74
Werk782
"TRF" Member

That would be interesting!!

Quote:
Werk782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2023, 02:52 PM   #75
17noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Just wanted to share my experience with trying to get on the wait list for this Salmon dial. I've been a fan of Moser, especially the streamliner. I wasn't able to get an allocation for the Green dragon, and to me the Salmon dial looks much better. I hit the reserve link on the site once it went live, and someone from Moser got back to me via email. They asked for my home address, and details which I find it odd. Then after a week later the director of Moser replied saying sorry we cannot allocate this to you. I'm not a dealer or anything, I have a decent collection from dozens of brands with allocations direct from AP, VC, and local ADs.

You can say I am salty, but TBH maybe it's better for them to tell me right away rather than wasting my time on an invisible waitlist. I'm sure they'll do fine without a customer like myself, but I will definitely not purchase anything from them. Another local collector had very similar experience when they went to the HK BT, they asked for his business card and told him they cannot sell to him. Moser really taking a page from AP.

Anyways, good luck to those who wants to get this piece, stunning piece.
17noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2023, 10:19 PM   #76
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17noir View Post
Just wanted to share my experience with trying to get on the wait list for this Salmon dial. I've been a fan of Moser, especially the streamliner. I wasn't able to get an allocation for the Green dragon, and to me the Salmon dial looks much better. I hit the reserve link on the site once it went live, and someone from Moser got back to me via email. They asked for my home address, and details which I find it odd. Then after a week later the director of Moser replied saying sorry we cannot allocate this to you. I'm not a dealer or anything, I have a decent collection from dozens of brands with allocations direct from AP, VC, and local ADs.

You can say I am salty, but TBH maybe it's better for them to tell me right away rather than wasting my time on an invisible waitlist. I'm sure they'll do fine without a customer like myself, but I will definitely not purchase anything from them. Another local collector had very similar experience when they went to the HK BT, they asked for his business card and told him they cannot sell to him. Moser really taking a page from AP.

Just wait 6 months you’ll be able to get it grey nib for retail plus tax.
Old 21 May 2023, 11:19 PM   #77
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
GB is a moser hater but he’s………right.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2023, 01:11 AM   #78
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

Old 22 May 2023, 01:45 AM   #79
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

Saw this one the other day and it is definitely brown rather than salmon.
londonpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2023, 03:31 AM   #80
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Moser Streamliner Centre Seconds Salmon Dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonpilgrim View Post
Saw this one the other day and it is definitely brown rather than salmon.

Yes no question about it. What do you guys think of the same watch different dial moves? I thought it was unlike them to start doing this. It feels anti-tradition for Moser. Al
I mean other brands get away like this like crazy.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2023, 10:07 AM   #81
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

I meant to quote AP1 not myself the gif almost works better quoting myself smh
Old 22 May 2023, 04:54 PM   #82
csquared317
"TRF" Member

At least you got a reply.

I just got an email saying we have a lot of enquiries, don't email us again and we will reach out.

It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything.

Quote:

csquared317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2023, 02:38 PM   #83
17noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by csquared317 View Post
At least you got a reply.

I just got an email saying we have a lot of enquiries, don't email us again and we will reach out.

It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything.
Sucks to hear that. I guess customers are not always king when it comes to watch collecting. Practically have to beg them to take our money. I'd rather move on other brands that appreciate our business.
17noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2023, 08:22 PM   #84
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sucks to hear that. I guess customers are not always king when it comes to watch collecting. Practically have to beg them to take our money. I'd rather move on other brands that appreciate our business.
To be frank , Moser specifically is doing this alot ! I had to suffer from 2020 till 2023 for the green dragon ! thank god I was able to arrange it via someone else . otherwise for real enthusiast they will never have genuine answers either from AD or directly .

Thats my opinion despite owning 3 Mosers so far .. the Salmon was a plain rejection from them and I had to go through another Person who wants to flip his allocation
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2023, 01:55 AM   #85
mongrelnomoad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salnuaimi View Post
To be frank , Moser specifically is doing this alot ! I had to suffer from 2020 till 2023 for the green dragon ! thank god I was able to arrange it via someone else . otherwise for real enthusiast they will never have genuine answers either from AD or directly .

Thats my opinion despite owning 3 Mosers so far .. the Salmon was a plain rejection from them and I had to go through another Person who wants to flip his allocation
Why would you demean yourself like that?
mongrelnomoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2023, 01:58 AM   #86
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

Ordered a Streamliner Funky Blue through Harrods - process was smooth as silk, took about 9 months but no worries at all. Find a good dealer and go through them (Art in Time in Monaco are excellent and deal with Moser)
londonpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2023, 03:47 AM   #87
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Hmmm....I thought I read in another thread that some ADs check out your address to see if you live in a "nice" area (i.e., rich neighborhood). I guess it's an indirect way to check out your spending capabilities without asking for financial information (which is will then kick in a bunch of regulatory requirements).
Old 25 May 2023, 05:12 AM   #88
Subtronics
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP & ALS
I love the new dial. For me it seems to fit better with the case and bracelet in comparison to the green dial. Would love to see one in person.
Subtronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2023, 02:36 PM   #89
Dalaruan
"TRF" Member

Got rejected. Fair play to them though, not trying to hold you up or something. Not sure why people are complaining here, I find moser being more genuine than the likes of pp and ap where you never know if you actually qualify or not.
A clear cut no, and the reject came pretty quickly in a month or so, no complaints
Dalaruan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2023, 08:34 PM   #90
d33nastyle
"TRF" Member

still no news for me
d33nastyle is offline   Reply With Quote