The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 March 2018, 02:41 AM   #1
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Omega Boutique services?

So I started my Speedmaster journey a couple of months ago by looking at one at the Omega Boutique in my city. Ended up buying last week from a trusted seller (too good to pass up) and had a local jeweler size the bracelet for me.
Like I’ve seen others mention before, the bracelet doesn’t fit me as well as I’d like it too. I have one more thing to try before considering the adjustable clasp addition I’ve seen here.
My question is, will the Boutique greet me with open arms, fiddle with mt adjustments, and offer to order parts if needed? Or will I be given the cold shoulder since I bought it elsewhere. Thanks for any advice/experiences.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 02:48 AM   #2
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Probably depends on the Boutique... would use the line “I was given this as a gift” and claim ignorance as go where it was purchased. FWIW, I was never happy w the bracelet the Speedy Pro came on and where it almost always on leather, occasionally nato

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 03:18 AM   #3
turboevo2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT2C
I bought my Speedy from a trusted dealer. I went to Omega Boutique to buy nato strap and they installed it for me.
turboevo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 04:15 AM   #4
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
I've had no issues with the NYC boutique. I brought in my recently purchased speedy tuesday, technically preowned. They had no issues selling me a bracelet for it.

I also purchased the adjustable clasp, but they didn't have it in stock, so I ordered it several weeks later after trying out the normal clasp for a while. No problems at all.

A night and day difference from Rolex.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 05:00 AM   #5
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
I have had all favorable experiences with Omega Boutiques. My impression is they understand that although you may not have bought that watch from them, you may very well buy the next one from them, and they treat you as a loyal customer because you probably will be one pretty soon. Makes perfect sense so me.
AEC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 10:59 AM   #6
mmalek1
"TRF" Member

Watch: This one.
I always have had a great experience with my OB. I haven't bought any watches from them, but I have ordered quite a few straps and clasps. They even ordered and installed the end links/adjustable clasp for my speedy. They even order in watches for me just to try on without any pressure to buy. I have to say, I may end up buying one from them one day. They are great with the extra freebies once in awhile too. Excellent service and a very low pressured environment.
mmalek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 11:43 AM   #7
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

My experiences with the Omega boutiques in NYC have been excellent. They are very accommodating whether you’ve bought the watch there or not. It’s a very refreshing change from other brands’ boutiques.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 12:46 PM   #8
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks and thanks.
I went in tonight to the Boutique at the Houston Galleria and the experience there was stellar. I had no idea they had a “service counter” in the back of the store with a presumably fulltime watchmaker on duty. I told Enrique there that I thought my watch was still a bit loose and he agreed. He took one more link out and reset the two position micro adjuster to its biggest position and voila it feels great now!
He also told me to come in anytime I wanted a free inspection and that adjustments and pressure checks were also on the house. In addition he was familiar with the adjustable clasp swap and said he usually has those parts in stock if I decide to go that route. Very courteous and friendly, just two guys talking about watches. The saleswoman was also very nice and told me to feel free to look around.
Most of the brand boutiques I’ve been to have been nice to me, but definitely more sales pressure and I think it’s really special that Omega actually has someone on hand that can actually work on them.
Old 1 March 2018, 09:38 PM   #9
colpol
"TRF" Member

No issues when used service in Glasgow a year or 2 ago

They sorted a service issue that done somewhere else. 1st class service
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 11:03 PM   #10
Jeffwb65
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko SKX009
I went to the Omega Boutique in Nashville at Green Hills a year or two ago. I was greeted nicely, offered a bottle of water, and invited to look around with no pressure.
All my questions were answered in a friendly manor, and I was allowed to handle and try on any models I wished.
Before I left the gentleman gave me a hardcover copy of their catalog, and his card, and seemed genuinely glad to have met me.
All this while I happened to be wearing my beat up, well loved, 10 year old Steinhart Ocean 1.
No hint of snobbishness or sales pressure. All around impressive treatment there.
Jeffwb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 11:14 PM   #11
karmatp
"TRF" Member

My local boutique always treats me fantastic. I have gone in with watches purchased elsewhere and they adjusted bracelets for free, and with a smile on their faces.
Old 2 March 2018, 11:52 PM   #12
Sir Larry Wildman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, FPJ, IWC
Ditto wth King of Prussia, PA boutique -- excellent service the 2x I have stopped in there, despite only buying a clasp (for a Hodinkee strap, no less) for my Speedy. More than happy to change straps, etc.
Sir Larry Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2018, 05:03 AM   #13
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
Thanks and thanks.
I went in tonight to the Boutique at the Houston Galleria and the experience there was stellar. I had no idea they had a “service counter” in the back of the store with a presumably fulltime watchmaker on duty. I told Enrique there that I thought my watch was still a bit loose and he agreed. He took one more link out and reset the two position micro adjuster to its biggest position and voila it feels great now!
He also told me to come in anytime I wanted a free inspection and that adjustments and pressure checks were also on the house. In addition he was familiar with the adjustable clasp swap and said he usually has those parts in stock if I decide to go that route. Very courteous and friendly, just two guys talking about watches. The saleswoman was also very nice and told me to feel free to look around.
Most of the brand boutiques I’ve been to have been nice to me, but definitely more sales pressure and I think it’s really special that Omega actually has someone on hand that can actually work on them.
I also was surprised to learn the Omega Boutique on 5th Ave in Manhattan has a big service counter like the one you describe. It's up the stairs from the showroom. I was impressed to see that level of capability in the Boutique, and I noted it as a great resource when ever I'm adventuring in NYC.
AEC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2018, 07:15 AM   #14
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

I go to New York a couple times a year, I'll have to stop into that store for a checkup next time I'm there.
Old 3 March 2018, 10:16 AM   #15
Cabaiguan
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII
OB in Riverside Mall in NJ is also excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 March 2018, 01:49 PM   #16
Poly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffwb65 View Post
I went to the Omega Boutique in Nashville at Green Hills a year or two ago. I was greeted nicely, offered a bottle of water, and invited to look around with no pressure.
All my questions were answered in a friendly manor, and I was allowed to handle and try on any models I wished.
Before I left the gentleman gave me a hardcover copy of their catalog, and his card, and seemed genuinely glad to have met me.
All this while I happened to be wearing my beat up, well loved, 10 year old Steinhart Ocean 1.
No hint of snobbishness or sales pressure. All around impressive treatment there.
I would second this note about the OB in Nashville. I bought my speedy there, and the service and treatment was excellent. Great folks, good fun and always happy to let you try anything on with no pressure.
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2018, 07:26 AM   #17
guelerct
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Grey Side
I’ve been to a bunch of boutiques and it has always been great service and attitude. If you feel guilty buy an own strap for the Speedy. They will help you find a great one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guelerct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2018, 12:37 AM   #18
turbineboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Angelus, AP, Breit
Can give a two thumbs up for both the Houston and Dallas botique stores. Friendly and will help you out even if you did not buy the watch from those stores. They got me a titanium bracelet for my Z-33 and links for the X-33 .... Just took them a while to get them in.
turbineboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 08:13 AM   #19
MARTIN1264
"TRF" Member

My local Boutique is great......They have invited me to a few things over the years and even had a technician day .....They did a checkup and a quick clean to my Moon Watch.... I really do like the experiences, but my local AD gave me a nice discount.
MARTIN1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 02:22 PM   #20
Justindo
"TRF" Member

The few boutiques that I've been too have always been very friendly and very low-pressure. Sometimes I've come in wearing an Omega and sometimes not, but they always offer me a beverage (champagne, espresso, sparkling water) and are eager to let me try on anything. I've taken advantage of their free bracelet adjustment and watch cleaning and they even agreed to change the strap (an aftermarket Hirsch) on my wife's gold Longines. I haven't yet bought something from the boutiques, but I do applaud their customer service.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2018, 05:25 AM   #21
Wembleyisgreen
Banned

Watch: 214270
My local boutique has always been great but I live in a smaller market.
Wembleyisgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 12:00 PM   #22
Ctaranti
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,Rolex,Omega
Have always had a terrific experience and services whenever I visit an OB. Definitely worth visiting often.
Agree that the Riverside Mall/Hackensack boutique is stellar and will treat you right!
Ctaranti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 11:27 PM   #23
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Another good experience this week. I brought in my late father's retirement Omega, a '77 era Constellation with the electronic Accutron movement. The tech had it a few days and put a new battery in, then polished up the Hesalite and buffed up the gold case a bit.
It's humming again and looks great. Unfortunately it loses a couple minutes an hour and he said he cannot do much on this movement in their store. He can send it to Switzerland for a total service if I wish but not sure it's worth it to me for something that's really a memento more than a timepiece.
When I asked how much was owed he said zero. He was just happy to see it running again. I asked to be put on the list for a new CK2998, they have earned a sale from me.
Old 10 June 2018, 11:09 PM   #24
sportsmaven20
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
If anyone has a specific contact at a US Omega Boutique that will order a part (other than a bracelet, strap or link) for a customer, without having the watch fully serviced, please send me a PM.

Kind regards!
sportsmaven20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2018, 06:09 AM   #25
sportsmaven20
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Update:

I received PMs for 2 kind forum members and it appears the Omega Boutique is not able to order the part I need without having the watch serviced in some way (partial or full servicing)...that is not a viable option for me, as a servicing is not necessary or needed.

If anyone has an AD that has an Omega parts account and would be willing to sell me a part, please send me a PM.

Kind regards,
Randy
sportsmaven20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2018, 02:37 PM   #26
drmizzou
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector!
What a refreshing thread to read that numerous of our Forum members all have had nothing but positive experiences in Omega boutiques! Makes one wonder why all the hype only to have your hard earned cash laughed at or turned down due to lack of supply or games being played on you as we’ve all read on here with our beloved Rolex brand. Have been wanting to bring my Omega to a boutique to look into ordering an adjustable clasp or buying a snoopy speedy strap like the one on the 45th anniversary ed.
Pepsi GMT 126710BLRO
White DaytonaC 116500
Omega Seamaster 50th Anniv Bond OHMSS
Omega Seamaster Bond titanium
drmizzou is offline   Reply With Quote