The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 25 September 2019, 08:39 PM   #31
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Congratulations!
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 01:17 AM   #32
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex368 View Post
Did the OP get banned for buying a 5130R?
Of course. Didn’t you get the memo that such practices won’t be tolerated around here?
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 01:35 AM   #33
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex368 View Post
Did the OP get banned for buying a 5130R?
Maybe it was the driving while taking gratuitous photo that did him in.
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 01:17 PM   #34
golfski
"TRF" Member

Watch: me whip & nay nay
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
Maybe it was the driving while taking gratuitous photo that did him in.
Is that something that can get you banned? I’ve seen a number of ppl banned recently and usually try to read through their posts to see why....haven’t gotten that far yet but nothing jumps out.
golfski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2019, 08:53 PM   #35
pusherv
Banned

Big congrats
pusherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2019, 09:21 PM   #36
jbnjbn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116515LN
So nice congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbnjbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2019, 10:13 PM   #37
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfski View Post
Is that something that can get you banned? I’ve seen a number of ppl banned recently and usually try to read through their posts to see why....haven’t gotten that far yet but nothing jumps out.
There are many other reasons like rude PMs sent or inappropriate selling practices.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 10:15 AM   #38
jag32
Banned

Watch: PP/AP/BP/UN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
Great watch; congratulations. But I see the OP has been banned. Another regular poster to the Patek forum also got banned yesterday or today. Wondering what I missed :)
Thanks. I’m not banned, I’m back. I bumped my for sale thread for another watch I’m selling in the for sale section at the 40 hour mark when the rule is minimum 48 hours, on two separate occasions, resulting in a 3 day “ban.” I interpret 48 hours as just two days, not 48 literal individual hours. They are very strict, but I suppose they need to keep tight control over the for sale section so I guess it makes sense. Anyways... if you’re selling anything on here, don’t bump your thread more than once in 48 literal hours...
jag32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 10:16 AM   #39
jag32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbnjbn View Post
So nice congrats!

Thank you!
Old 28 September 2019, 11:51 AM   #40
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
I have owned this reference and loved it. My few gripes were the legibility and the lack of a seconds hand. At the same time the gorgeous movement, case, lugs makes this one that I will always think of fondly.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 12:03 PM   #41
jag32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
I have owned this reference and loved it. My few gripes were the legibility and the lack of a seconds hand. At the same time the gorgeous movement, case, lugs makes this one that I will always think of fondly.
Legibility wise, I had a bit of trouble the first few days but then got used to it, always paying attention to look at the Center as opposed to outer dial for the time. Regarding no seconds, that bothered me and is precisely why I procrastinated on buying this for over a year. Ultimately I did buy it and I don’t miss having the seconds hand, in fact I have become more attuned to the precision of the minute hand and enjoy detecting small 5 or 10 second changes in its location. I actually prefer not having the seconds hand. Reading the history of the Patek World time and studying historical references and that of Louis Cottier, I enjoy this homage to the original World Time developed by Cottier without seconds. The hour hand is also gorgeous, with its unique scissor-globe shape.

This is the first watch I’ve owned where I feel as close to perfection as things can get.
Old 28 September 2019, 12:11 PM   #42
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag32 View Post
Legibility wise, I had a bit of trouble the first few days but then got used to it, always paying attention to look at the Center as opposed to outer dial for the time. Regarding no seconds, that bothered me and is precisely why I procrastinated on buying this for over a year. Ultimately I did buy it and I don’t miss having the seconds hand, in fact I have become more attuned to the precision of the minute hand and enjoy detecting small 5 or 10 second changes in its location. I actually prefer not having the seconds hand. Reading the history of the Patek World time and studying historical references and that of Louis Cottier, I enjoy this homage to the original World Time developed by Cottier without seconds. The hour hand is also gorgeous, with its unique scissor-globe shape.

This is the first watch I’ve owned where I feel as close to perfection as things can get.

So happy you considered these points before buying! For me I ended up with the Breguet 3700, similar size but with better legibility and the seconds hand. Unfortunately it is a closed case back :(

Old 28 September 2019, 12:14 PM   #43
jag32
Banned

Quote:
So happy you considered these points before buying! For me I ended up with the Breguet 3700, similar size but with better legibility and the seconds hand. Unfortunately it is a closed case back :(

Wow, that’s is gorgeous! I was unaware Breguet made a World time.... that may have changed my calculus had I known this existed before buying my Patek World Time!
Old 28 September 2019, 12:23 PM   #44
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow, that’s is gorgeous! I was unaware Breguet made a World time.... that may have changed my calculus had I known this existed before buying my Patek World Time!
Sigh...too many beautiful watches out there man :)
Old 28 September 2019, 12:56 PM   #45
fayyazomar
Banned

Congrats!
fayyazomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 01:31 PM   #46
jag32
Banned

Quote:
Sigh...too many beautiful watches out there man :)
I know man. It’s awful. This is worse than opioids.
Old 1 October 2019, 02:16 PM   #47
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know man. It’s awful. This is worse than opioids.

It’s terrible when the first thing I think of when I saw your comment was “I wonder how the Chronometre bleu and hulk dial would look on shrooms”. The danger is opioids and watches are not mutually exclusive :o

Old 1 October 2019, 02:29 PM   #48
jag32
Banned

Quote:
It’s terrible when the first thing I think of when I saw your comment was “I wonder how the Chronometre bleu and hulk dial would look on shrooms”. The danger is opioids and watches are not mutually exclusive :o

Hi. My name is John and I have a problem.

Every morning I wake up with withdrawal from not having worn one of my watches for 8 hours of sleep. Then I put one of them on, take it off, and put another on, and repeat forn30 minutes. Then I goto work and all I do is think about watches. Then I spent 6 hours on chrono24 searching for that “next” watch I plan to buy in 6-12 months....and then am unable to sleep until I buy it and the 6-12 months turns into the same day.
Old 1 October 2019, 03:41 PM   #49
d11n
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes
congrats! enjoy in good health.
d11n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 07:15 PM   #50
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi. My name is John and I have a problem.

Every morning I wake up with withdrawal from not having worn one of my watches for 8 hours of sleep. Then I put one of them on, take it off, and put another on, and repeat forn30 minutes. Then I goto work and all I do is think about watches. Then I spent 6 hours on chrono24 searching for that “next” watch I plan to buy in 6-12 months....and then am unable to sleep until I buy it and the 6-12 months turns into the same day.

Ok so what’s the problem? Sounds normal to me. If i leave my house without a watch strapped to both of my ankles & an additional 2 for each wrist, i have headaches until im back

zahain is offline   Reply With Quote