The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 February 2020, 09:51 AM   #31
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Very good.
Old 19 February 2020, 09:54 AM   #32
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
My compliments on how you handled the issue. Good perspective. Good situational awareness. I’m sure the SA was crushed that it happened. And I’m sure she appreciated your willingness to enjoy the watch as-is. I would have done the same.
Old 19 February 2020, 10:03 AM   #33
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Enjoy your watch.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 10:46 AM   #34
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

AD Scratched Daytona Update

So for all the Maslow’s hierarchy level 3 responders, are you saying whatever an SA does to my watch should just be “let go” with no consequences for them?

I walk out with a damaged watch and they go home. All good, right? We’re all square because they don’t feel bad, I suck it up and if decide to sell the watch am obligated to point out the damage and suffer (in silence) the consequences, right?

Everyone except for me is good.

Maybe we should do this with doctors that botch surgeries?

I mean, unless the shop removes the sharp tool from the hands of the “wanna be” watch maker, every subsequent buyer is going to end up with a scratched watch. We all just accept this?!?

Sorry, but I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 10:51 AM   #35
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
So for all the Maslow’s hierarchy level 3 responders, are you saying whatever an SA does to my watch should just be “let go” with no consequences for them?

I walk out with a damaged watch and they go home. All good, right? We’re all square because they don’t feel bad, I suck it up and if decide to sell the watch am obligated to point out the damage and suffer (in silence) the consequences, right?

I mean, unless the shop removes the sharp tool from the hands of the “wanna be” watch maker, every subsequent buyer is going to end up with a scratched watch. We all just accept this?!?

Sorry, but I don’t.

Did you just equate some minor scratches on a watch clasp due to sizing by a sales associate to a physician's malpractice during surgery?!!!!?????!
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 10:53 AM   #36
AJM914
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Enjoy it!
Old 19 February 2020, 10:57 AM   #37
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
No. People are talking about this particular watch, this particular situation, this particular result and in this particular instance.

Not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
Did you just equate some minor scratches on a watch clasp due to sizing by a sales associate to a physician's malpractice during surgery?!!!!?????!
See, even the OP has a positive outlook.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 11:13 AM   #38
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
No. People are talking about this particular watch, this particular situation, this particular result and in this particular instance.

Not the same.

See, even the OP has a positive outlook.
at this thread.

OP, you got yourself an amazing watch and although the road was a little bumpy it sounds like you are all good. And it also sounds like you've learned to not let the little things bother you. Awesome for you on all counts. Thanks for sharing.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 11:19 AM   #39
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

I think the AD should have offered to replace the scratched clasp. Since nothing happened, they are all set to do the same in the future. Next guy who has same happen you are partially responsible for not holding the AD accountable.

Old 19 February 2020, 11:21 AM   #40
42itus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think the AD should have offered to replace the scratched clasp. Since nothing happened, they are all set to do the same in the future. Next guy who has same happen you are partially responsible for not holding the AD accountable.

We'll set up a Go Fund Me.
Old 19 February 2020, 11:22 AM   #41
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post

Sure did - you didn’t get that from my post? It’s called hyperbole.

Old 19 February 2020, 11:23 AM   #42
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post

To pay for SA watch maker training?

Old 19 February 2020, 11:24 AM   #43
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Clasp and top link .
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 11:24 AM   #44
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
at this thread.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 11:33 AM   #45
envuks
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

Sorry, but I don’t.

In this example the AD essentially gave an $8k-$10k cash gift to the OP with the white 116500. In your example I think that might make everyone good, even with the scratch

I’m not normally one to quote grey prices, but since there seems to be some discourse here I figured it might be a helpful reminder for perspective

“A man with one watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.”
envuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 11:37 AM   #46
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

So the OP leveraged this for a 116500?

Cool!

Old 19 February 2020, 11:49 AM   #47
blada4life
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=JacksonRain;10387472]Hi everyone,

First off, no disrespect to Padi (since that thread was closed), and I hope this post finds him well as well as the rest of you.

As many of you are aware, I created a thread that went somewhat viral, regarding my dealer scratching my watch when sizing.

I want to simply fill you all with an update, as I know many of you were curious and following the end results. Here's what happened:

I've spoken to both the SA and the tech. This likely happened in the hands of the SA. The tech apologized, and I spoke with my SA, and both of them proposed that I come and polish it and that they can simply lightly buff it out. I respectfully declined, but I thanked them genuinely for their offer.

I told my SA not to worry, to just be careful, Im actually proud because I was reassuring her that it's not a big deal, and told her I have love for her and she's always a pleasure to deal with. Basically told her not to give it another thought at all and not to worry. I found myself reassuring her that it's okay, because you know what, it is. The thing is on the clasp, it's not on the case, and it could barely even be seen as a light hairline scratch.

This is coming from someone who is admittedly very hypersensitive. I put 3M on my watches for God's sakes!

But with that said, it's definitely a lesson learned and I definitely think that it helps you all - keep the plastics on the watches when sizing, and then ask your ADs to take them off subsequently.

Just the last element or background for thought: the Hulk, Pepsi, and white panda Daytona (or semi panda ;)) were all purchased within a matter of about a year, with absolutely no other purchases and no other history, and without being too specific, I live in one of the most affluent, wealthy, and saturated areas in the WORLD, where VIPs easily will spend a million or two a year. And I'm not one of those VIPs and they have treated me with nothing but respect and kindness.

Thank you everyone for your comments, no matter what they were. And I'm very happy I'm part of this community.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Good luck with the clasp issue. I know it will work out well!

blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 12:04 PM   #48
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Not clear from your post - you got all those highly desired pieces after they scratched your Daytona?

Old 19 February 2020, 12:15 PM   #49
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 12:23 PM   #50
YGRLX
"TRF" Member

Enjoy never getting another SS from them
YGRLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 12:48 PM   #51
themast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not clear from your post - you got all those highly desired pieces after they scratched your Daytona?

I don’t think that this is what happened.

I often don’t post on this kind of threads but OP is happy with the outcome so I think that there is no need to stir the pot. Full disclosure: I think that small scratches are not the end of the world.
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 12:56 PM   #52
Muxi
"TRF" Member

What a beauty! I’ll wear mine today in your honor.

Btw, mine is about a year and half old, and at one point it got a bad bracelet scratch I could not even trace back how it happened. It happens.
Muxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 01:17 PM   #53
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themast View Post
I don’t think that this is what happened.

I often don’t post on this kind of threads but OP is happy with the outcome so I think that there is no need to stir the pot. Full disclosure: I think that small scratches are not the end of the world.

Not trying to stir anything. Trying to understand if the AD made amens with good watches, or this happened after getting those.

Never mind - at least this AD hooked you up with a nice bunch of watches.

Old 19 February 2020, 01:22 PM   #54
ijpx
"TRF" Member

OP,
It’s a win win for everyone, including us here.
(Less new threads about “AD scratch my watch”).
ijpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 01:26 PM   #55
42itus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not trying to stir anything. Trying to understand if the AD made amens with good watches, or this happened after getting those.

Never mind - at least this AD hooked you up with a nice bunch of watches.

It sounds like you didn’t see the original thread. I don’t think the other watches have anything to do with this. From what I remember OP had the Daytona sized and then noticed the scratches after he had gone home. I don’t know why the other thread got locked or deleted but there was a bunch of comments about how nothing could be done after he took it home. But OP said that he has a good relationship with his AD and didn’t want to sour his relationship so a few of us, including myself, suggested that he just move on because bringing it up after the fact will not serve any purpose.
And here we are. But in the end OP is happy and he has a great watch so that’s all that matters.

Old 19 February 2020, 01:49 PM   #56
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

I am still trying to get my head around this, the OP puts tape on his watches to prevent scratches and now lets the AD walk by letting some incompetent SA deeply scratch his watch.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 02:05 PM   #57
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
You didnt want to ruin the chances of your next purchase from the same AD.
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 02:12 PM   #58
Dyim
"TRF" Member

3 hot SS watches in a year with no history.

You need to teach a course on how it is done!
Dyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2020, 02:21 PM   #59
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasubmariner View Post
Very beautiful Daytona!!!

I can understand you very well mate...We are not same as nobody are same, but although I dont know you I feel that you overthink about things and stress often over small things as you are sensitive (which you already admitted at your message). I like it though.

The scratch was small but it made you feel exhausted which I can tell from the length of the previous thread.

All I can say is that nothing is worth to worry. Enjoy your watches.

For the scratch watch this video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woH-px64FjM

Once you're done making uneven creamy swirl marks, be sure to wipe the excess shavings off with a Christian Audigier t shirt.
Old 19 February 2020, 02:52 PM   #60
RolexNorth
Banned

Watch: YM2SS,SD43,HULK
I see you kinda re-openned this thread. LOL

I came late to the party, but I saw the damage on the clasp in the photos in the other thread you originally started.

Dude, I totally understand how you feel about this regarding the scratch. Brutal now that Rolex watches are harder to come by these days and if you make a big deal out of this, you may face being overlooked in the future for good pieces by this particular AD cause they won't want to deal with you anymore.

I'll give you some advice on what I say/do when it comes to submitting my watch for a repair/cleaning/sizing. The last time I was at Rolex RC in my city, before I handed over the watch to the desk admin, I made sure to go over the watch with her showing her the condition, what scratches I had and where, and told her I wanted the watch back in the same condition as I handed it over. Let me tell you, no sooner she went to the back with the watch, the Rolex technician came out to see me AND I went over the watch with him AGAIN. Sure enough, he performed the necessary work, I got my watch back with no issues.

Do this and you should be good.
RolexNorth is offline   Reply With Quote