The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 12 July 2011, 10:36 AM   #1
edr3

Icon20 Have you heard of European Watch Co. located in Boston?

I'm interested in a Jaeger and a vintage Rolex. Are they on the up and up or should I steer clear? Tell me your experience (if any) with them.
edr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2011, 11:18 AM   #2
BOA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD
They've been around for a long time, and although I haven't bought anything from them, I've been tempted, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them based on all the years I've reviewed their site along with the fact that I've never found a word spoken against them. Found these reviews:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/european-watch-company-boston

Good luck, and let us know of your experience if you decide to call them.
BOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Le Chef
"TRF" Member

Albert's a good guy and straight as an arrow. A friend recently did a very big transaction with him - add a zero to the price of a Rolex - and it was flawless.
Le Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2011, 12:05 PM   #4
godowning
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Know them well. I have purchased a Rolex from them. My only warning is that their prices can be very high and they lowball on trade-ins. I would not hesitate from a trust/authenticity stand point.
godowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2011, 12:33 PM   #5
p_mcgee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by godowning View Post
Know them well. I have purchased a Rolex from them. My only warning is that their prices can be very high and they lowball on trade-ins. I would not hesitate from a trust/authenticity stand point.
Actually Albert has offered me the best price I could find on 2 trade-ins (an AP & a JLC reverso). I've never bought a watch there but wouldn't hesitate.
p_mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2011, 12:40 PM   #6
godowning
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
My dealings have involved only Rolexes, which Albert says he often doesn't display because his clients prefer "higher" brands. I was offered $15k for a 2002 Platinum D-D when he was selling a similar 95 model for over $25k.
godowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2011, 12:42 PM   #7
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by godowning View Post

That's my personal experience with them as well. It may just be a function of supply and demand.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2011, 01:22 PM   #8
SUBversive
Banned

Watch: Sun Dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by edr3 View Post
I'm interested in a Jaeger and a vintage Rolex. Are they on the up and up or should I steer clear? Tell me your experience (if any) with them.
No.
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2011, 01:38 PM   #9
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBversive View Post
No.
I've been in their shop many times when I was in Boston. They have a great selection and are very friendly. I've also not heard anything bad about them.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2011, 04:48 PM   #10
edr3

Awesome! Thank you all for posting. I really am digging their vintage selections as well as the Rolex and Jaeger offerings.
Old 12 July 2011, 08:23 PM   #11
ExpII
Banned

Watch: Milgauss, PAM 359
I've heard good things about them from a friend who goes there but I have never been myself. I know people love to hate Tourneau, but the one in the Burlington Mall is pretty good for a used Rolex. If you're buying new, Lux Bond and Green is the place. Prices and service are excellent.
ExpII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2011, 12:19 AM   #12
DatejustRyan
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP5712R
I've done many deals with Albert, and have nothing but great things to say. A true man of his word, and will surely take excellent care of you!
DatejustRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2011, 03:07 AM   #13
conrail
"TRF" Member

I've stopped in a few times and always like to check out whats on their website b/c they take some fantastic pictures.

Their prices are VERY high and I've been quoted one price on the phone only to come back with a much higher one, so watch out for that. All in all they seem to be a fine shop, if you're willing to pay their prices.
Old 15 July 2011, 03:55 PM   #14
hennabav
Banned

Watch: --Rolex--
Been in there couple times but never came out with anything. Albert's a good guy overall but pricing is always high comparatively to TRF. You can find a lot of great sellers right here on TRF!!
hennabav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2011, 10:50 PM   #15
edr3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennabav View Post
Been in there couple times but never came out with anything. Albert's a good guy overall but pricing is always high comparatively to TRF. You can find a lot of great sellers right here on TRF!!
Awesome! Thanks.
Old 17 July 2011, 02:20 AM   #16
JRA
2024 Pledge Member

Honest people - just negotiate the best you can

I've done several deals with EWC, a few involving trades, and I was totally comfortable with all of them. Yes, their prices are high - but you can negotiate. Also, they're very honest and will take back a piece if there's an issue rather than letting it become a big deal - this I know from personal experience. Although they're a grey market dealer, in my view they treat people like a good AD would, meaning they stand behind their watches. I would not hesitate to buy from them again if they had something I really wanted.
JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2011, 03:15 AM   #17
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
spent 6 yrs in Boston and been there several times. overall price is not competitive there (high) but otherwise no personal experience buying from them.
TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2011, 06:43 AM   #18
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
+11

I deal with the guy Tony there and he is great. I've never purchased as prices are very high and they never had something I just HAD to have. Nice guys, lots of experience, shop has been there for ages etc.
Old 11 April 2013, 09:37 AM   #19
Steve748
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2c & LVc
Early this year I called in and my first impressions was not good as I found the display cabinets all untidy like it had just been robbed!

I had with me a '68 5512, an Omega Seamaster Banana (with box), a Omega F2.4 MegaQuartz Stardust (with box) and a JLC Master Calender on a bracelet along with a leather strap and the original box but no booklets.

Albert professed to know nothing about the 'Banana' and the 'Stardust' said he would have trouble selling them and offered me a very low price for them as he said he didn't really want them.
I wasn't too impressed when his assistant asked me if The Rolex was a 5513 when it was clearly a 4 line sub.
Albert said the JLC and the 5512 were very nice and he would be interested in buying them and offered me $10k for both of them with the JLC on the bracelet.

They have recently had in stock a couple of JLC Master calender like mine on a leather strap and they were advertised at $7900 and they have sold very quickly.

It seems to me a good place to buy if you are prepared to pay more but not so good if you are selling.

I sold the 5512 in the UK for £5250 ($8k) so I am glad I didn't accept his offer.
Steve748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2013, 09:42 AM   #20
psv
"TRF" Member

I've both bought and sold watches to them (Tony and Albert), no issues and I was happy with the transactions.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote