The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 September 2018, 10:09 AM   #61
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Working rotating shifts in the ER for over thirty years messed up my sleep habits terribly. I couldn't sleep at night or during the day. Retiring with regular sleep hours has been amazing. I usually read a novel for 30-60 minutes before going to sleep, and I still use 10 mg of melatonin every night, and I sleep quite well.

Commonly recommended suggestions: try to maintain regular sleep hours. Sex early in evening rather than late. More than one or two alcohol drinks has a deleterious effect on sleep. No caffeine after 3 pm. No LED screens before bed. If you must, use the blue-free color option on your device. Exercise regularly.
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 10:33 PM   #62
LOVE MY ROLEX(S)
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16613LN
Hello,

Two thoughts. Even though Ambien has received some bad press from the news it is one of the "cleanest" sleep products. It does not cause rebound insomnia. I launched the product when it was new. The correct way to take it is sitting on the bed, take Ambien with water, lay down and go to sleep. Do not - watch TV, iron cloths, make a sandwich or get on the computer - go to sleep.
I take it almost every night. If I awake at 2:00 am I take 1/2 of an Ambien. Great product. Another important area to consider is sleep apnea. I had a study completed a few years ago and learned I stopped breathing 35 times per hour! Easy to treat with CPAP machine. Check with your primary care or go directly to a pulmonologist that specializes in sleep apnea. Good luck.
LOVE MY ROLEX(S) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 10:23 AM   #63
seabreeze60
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Carl F. Buc
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE MY ROLEX(S) View Post
Hello,

Two thoughts. Even though Ambien has received some bad press from the news it is one of the "cleanest" sleep products. It does not cause rebound insomnia. I launched the product when it was new. The correct way to take it is sitting on the bed, take Ambien with water, lay down and go to sleep. Do not - watch TV, iron cloths, make a sandwich or get on the computer - go to sleep.

I take it almost every night. If I awake at 2:00 am I take 1/2 of an Ambien. Great product. Another important area to consider is sleep apnea. I had a study completed a few years ago and learned I stopped breathing 35 times per hour! Easy to treat with CPAP machine. Check with your primary care or go directly to a pulmonologist that specializes in sleep apnea. Good luck.

I sit in a dark room for 30-45 minutes before bedtime to decompress. Then 1/4 Ambien and 5MG sublingual melatonin. I’m a hard core lifetime insomniac. Even my DNA results on 23 and Me showed a predictor for insomnia. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seabreeze60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 08:47 AM   #64
R!$
Banned

Stop looking for watches all night! LOL
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2018, 12:09 AM   #65
littleolemoi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R!$ View Post
Stop looking for watches all night! LOL
Guilty as charged haaaa!!!

I've spent quite some time doing this when I can't sleep!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
littleolemoi is offline   Reply With Quote