The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 July 2022, 06:29 AM   #1
Artuk
"TRF" Member

How can you reach any model of Rolex?

Dear Friends,

First of all sorry for my English.

I found this forum tonight and really want to know that could you buy a Rolex watch near past? I am on waiting list for rolex wimbledon for 1 year and nothing happened still. Official retailer says sometimes watches come but i dont believe that. You can find many watches on grey market which watches are dated as 2022. As i believe that official branches giving these watches to some grey watch dealers then prices going up. It is incredibly shocking that in 2022 people are ready to pay more than 10.000 Euros (really big money in Turkey for many people) and still waiting these watches.

I try to contact with some branches in Europe and all of them says that they have demand list for which watch i asked. Is there any chance to just walk-in then buy a brand new rolex watch from official dealer? What is your experiences? Is that same all over the world. In some online watch sites prices are going crazy when i write my name on list i thought i would buy a wimbledon then walk-on sky dweller. However everybody says that you have no chance to buy sky dweller from authorized dealer. I am ready to travel to buy a watch all around the world even if i spend more on vacation more then watch price on grey market doesnt care on that. Just i dont want to pay doubled price for something it is crazy i am really shocked on this situation still waiting 1 year and can not reach my watch and its also very basic model. What should i do or where should i go find a rolex watch from A. Dealer? Thanks for your timing. This thing is really boring for me and i want to share it with you dear sirs and madams. Thanks for your time to read and have a great weekend.

Kind/Best Regards
Artuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2022, 08:42 AM   #2
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Buy grey, like I had to, like we all have to if we want it now.
I had to give 2x rrp for my GMT so there is no sympathy for someone who cannot get a watch at rrp. It's how it is.. play the AD's games and buy things you don't want to get what you do want in 3 years time if you are lucky, or buy grey today for a premium.
That's the current market.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2022, 08:46 AM   #3
JayHantz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @Escapementt
Welcome to the forum, and I am sorry to say that is the current state of the market. Yes, there are price reductions on the grey market but ADs are still inundated with requests and depending on the AD, have buyers lined up.

If you are willing to spend money on a vacation to get a Rolex, I would recommend going grey and getting what you want now. or you will have to play the game and wait for who knows how long.

Good luck.
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2022, 09:05 AM   #4
Lamontsanders
"TRF" Member

Grey is the best bet for some pieces. I’ve gone grey often and I don’t really care because I love the watches I own. I’ll sell a few soon and go grey again.
Lamontsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2022, 09:57 AM   #5
Tim Plains
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Your logic of willing to spend more money on vacations to buy a watch than what the watch costs grey market makes no sense. Spending money on trips elsewhere won't guarantee you a watch.

Some ADs have real waiting lists and eventually get to people on the list. Other ADs have fake waiting lists and simply decide who gets what based on purchase history or if they generally like you. Other ADs have no waiting list and sell to their best customers. It's the same worldwide.

If the AD carries other brands that interest you, try a bundle deal, buy the other watch and Wimbledon at the same time, don't let them sell you the other watch first and then wait for the Wimbledon, both at the same time only. They're more likely to sell you one that way than to a guy who has never spent any money in the store. You should probably forget about a Skydweller unless you are prepared to spend a lot of money.
Tim Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2022, 10:01 AM   #6
HMHM
"TRF" Member

SS SkyDweller is one of the rarest models that an AD receives each year. If you try ADs across the world, SS DJ with the Wimbledon is possibly doable with a little waiting but it’s by no means easy. I would just keep trying with as many ADs as possible until a door opens for a Wimbledon DJ.
HMHM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 12:20 AM   #7
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

If paying over MSRP does not work you then continue to be patient and follow up with your AD. Have an honest conversation about best guess on when the watch might be delivered to you.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 05:27 AM   #8
gerry100
"TRF" Member

This is a good time to be patient and observant
gerry100 is offline   Reply With Quote