The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 25 September 2022, 02:32 AM   #31
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Not a deal breaker but would've been nice to have a hacking function.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2022, 01:25 PM   #32
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
Not sure if it’s a defect with my watch, but I just noticed the date change at 12am is not smooth and seamless like with Rolex and other watches. With Rolex, the date changes seamlessly near 12am as it turns over right away. With the VCO, the date is off center as it approaches 12am before it changes to the next date. Am I the only one experiencing this?
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2022, 01:51 PM   #33
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZCaL View Post
Not sure if it’s a defect with my watch, but I just noticed the date change at 12am is not smooth and seamless like with Rolex and other watches. With Rolex, the date changes seamlessly near 12am as it turns over right away. With the VCO, the date is off center as it approaches 12am before it changes to the next date. Am I the only one experiencing this?
that's the same with my aquanaut... pretty common.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2022, 03:26 PM   #34
MP777
"TRF" Member

The font used on the date window is way too small, and the bezel catches dust and water stains
MP777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2022, 08:55 PM   #35
mav3rick
"TRF" Member

too much maltese cross motifs design elements in the watch, way too played out...
mav3rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 01:48 AM   #36
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulkerino
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Wish it was an independent brand (Richemont).
Why?
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 02:24 AM   #37
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP777 View Post
The font used on the date window is way too small, and the bezel catches dust and water stains
I agree with this. The font is too small and thin.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 08:27 PM   #38
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
I had a Gen2 Chrono. The only complaint I have about it is the bracelet is too chunky. No taper, hard edges and thick. Otherwise, amazing watch especially on the rubber strap.

I think the VC may be the best chrono look between it and the Royal Oak. But the time-only VC is significantly behind the RO time only in terms of look and design... let alone the Nautilus.
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2022, 12:23 AM   #39
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

No hacking seconds.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2022, 05:07 AM   #40
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

It's too bulbous. I like the idea of it - especially the bracelet and the quick-change mechanism - but on the wrist, just... ugh.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2022, 11:59 AM   #41
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

I have a 7.25" wrist and majority of my watches are divers - so the 7900V works on my wrist as i like the heft it delivers.

Initially went to the boutique to put a deposit on a blue 4500V (pre-covid) and walked out with a black dial dual time due to not liking the white date wheel.

No hacking was surprising, but wasn't a deal breaker.

As a daily dust does creep into the crevices of the bezel, but <to me> it is just so damn comfortable, the WR of 150m & the overall sturdiness makes it a perfect daily for me.

The fact it is not recognisable by non-watch people is a major plus, not a deterrent at all :)
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2022, 12:19 PM   #42
cramsey
"TRF" Member

While I think the bracelet is beautiful, it doesn't feel good on the wrist, at least to me. Compared to my Rolex, it is too thin for me. Lack of hacking is also annoying.
cramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2022, 02:59 PM   #43
Andy0331

I don't like that I'm still waiting for my 7900v blue. I'm hoping the economic downturn will accelerate my allocation; 16 months into a 6-9 month estimated delivery.

First world problems, for sure and I'm still thankful I was given an allocation before they went crazy.
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 05:17 AM   #44
djona
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0331 View Post
I don't like that I'm still waiting for my 7900v blue. I'm hoping the economic downturn will accelerate my allocation; 16 months into a 6-9 month estimated delivery.

First world problems, for sure and I'm still thankful I was given an allocation before they went crazy.
But have you really been allocated a piece if you’re now nearly one year over the estimated allocation date?
djona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 06:15 AM   #45
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Pricing going back to msrp maybe before your delivery
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 06:32 AM   #46
Andy0331

Quote:
Originally Posted by djona View Post
But have you really been allocated a piece if you’re now nearly one year over the estimated allocation date?
I've got paperwork and a 25-30% deposit that say I do. That notwithstanding, I wouldn't be shocked if "big fish" have jumped my spot in line several times.
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 01:41 PM   #47
djona
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Quote:
I've got paperwork and a 25-30% deposit that say I do. That notwithstanding, I wouldn't be shocked if "big fish" have jumped my spot in line several times.
I hope you get good news soon.
djona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 06:13 PM   #48
danwang0520
"TRF" Member

Watch: my signature
It's not question of whether I like it or not, VC is the third option when considering the holy trinity
danwang0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2022, 11:35 PM   #49
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman, Kermit
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwang0520 View Post
VC is the third option when considering the holy trinity
Certainly agree with that. The main reason supply dried up and secondary values went up for the the Overseas was people couldn't get a Nautilus or Royal Oak, and their secondary prices had sky rocketed, so people turned to the Overseas.
Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 08:59 AM   #50
Bug04
"TRF" Member

No hack. But OS3 is a top watch, with some innovations compared to Nautilus and RO
Bug04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 01:08 PM   #51
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
The bezel. I get the design element of it but it’s a bit too much for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 01:28 PM   #52
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Put deposit down around Jan 2021 for blue dial overseas, took delivery around June 2021. Initially liked it but quickly realized it was many many moons inferior to my AP which I always thought it would compare to. The versatility with straps is great and blue dial was definitely attractive, but the finishing and feel wasn’t even on the same planet compared to AP. Felt flimsy and honestly cheap. I was disappointed so off she went.
Old 1 October 2022, 05:19 PM   #53
pdnb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726, 5212
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
Put deposit down around Jan 2021 for blue dial overseas, took delivery around June 2021. Initially liked it but quickly realized it was many many moons inferior to my AP which I always thought it would compare to. The versatility with straps is great and blue dial was definitely attractive, but the finishing and feel wasn’t even on the same planet compared to AP. Felt flimsy and honestly cheap. I was disappointed so off she went.

Which AP? 15202? Mind you I have never had an AP, but I have a Nautilus blue dial and love them both.

pdnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 05:43 PM   #54
ts3
"TRF" Member

Can only speak to the current blue three hander which I tried on 5+ years ago. At the time the 4500 blue could be had on the spot and possibly with a sizable discount but we didn't get that far as I was unimpressed...

... the case nearly 40% thicker than on a RO Jumbo or 5711 and too big on my wrist, the dial color too loud for my taste, and the date size and font a joke against the large dial. The dial would look even bigger hadn't they put two sets of minute markers around the dial which in itself is a weak choice IMO. Also didn't like the bracelet design and was lukewarm on the bezel. Lastly, I find the flexibility to swap out the bracelet overrated as the Overseas still looks best on its bracelet just like any RO or Nautilus.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 07:06 PM   #55
Bug04
"TRF" Member

Love is the right word indeed. In my case, while I felt in love with the OS, the “click” did not trigger with 15202, which 5 years ago I left on the table (even if prices were not so inflated yet) due to its footprint on my wrist and its 50m WR, absolutely incongruent for a luxury “sporty” watch. A gap for me. VC is way more performant (WR, antimag, overall robustness). I like RO bracelet indeed, which I think is a sector benchmark. but believe that in terms of overall quality and finishing, all stay at top. VC thickness is fully ok for me on 4500, whilst I think it gets slightly abundant on dual time and chrono.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdnb View Post
Which AP? 15202? Mind you I have never had an AP, but I have a Nautilus blue dial and love them both.

Old 1 October 2022, 07:16 PM   #56
pearson1995
"TRF" Member

I actually love VC, but here is my problem. Every watch they sell, I would argue competitors have a better alternative. I see them as coming second in many different catergories. Where as AP is first in only one.

For example:

Royal Oak > Overseas
1815 chronograph > Cornes de vache chronographs
Calatrava > patrimony
Reverso > American 1921
DD40 > 222 (controversial that one)

But my point is they are incredible watches, but for me better alternatives with almost every option. I really hope this changes though because I love the brand.
Old 1 October 2022, 07:56 PM   #57
Bug04
"TRF" Member

Well, of course you know yourself far better than anyone else, but considering your comparisons and preferences, it appears that simply VC is not in your first choice, regardless their proposals … even in cases where, for example for me, it would be not even a matter of tastes but of objective superiority of VC.

I would not force instincts … if there is no click for a brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearson1995 View Post

… DD40 > 222 (controversial that one) …
Old 1 October 2022, 09:44 PM   #58
pearson1995
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
Well, of course you know yourself far better than anyone else, but considering your comparisons and preferences, it appears that simply VC is not in your first choice, regardless their proposals … even in cases where, for example for me, it would be not even a matter of tastes but of objective superiority of VC.

I would not force instincts … if there is no click for a brand.
Out of interest, what is your favourite VC models?
Old 1 October 2022, 10:32 PM   #59
Bug04
"TRF" Member

To stay in the current or “recent” VC production (and leaving aside its works of art of for example les cabinotiers/metiers d’art), for my eyes I would say the 5000H (the lugs are so fascinating for me) or, to stay in the OS line, the 4300v or the (unfortunately discontinued) 2000v.

In general, now I am leaving a phase of focus (for whichever brand) to simplicity, versatility and (theoretical) resistance … so for example whilst I like “in principle and as object” the perpetual (4300) I am intrigued by luxury sporty 3 hands.

That is why the absence of hack sec on 4500 does not bother me at all. And that is also why I was referring above to my concerns (for me) on the tech specs of 15202 (which of course remains a great iconic watch).

Sorry for the OT … considering that this is a merciless thread born and focused on what is not liked of OS 😀

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearson1995 View Post
Out of interest, what is your favourite VC models?
Old 24 October 2022, 03:06 AM   #60
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
For me the Overseas is overstyled, too many Maltese crosses.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote