The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 September 2022, 05:30 AM   #31
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
if it's popping out, you are probably wearing it too tightly then.
Or VC should require more tension for it to release. Looks like many people have this problem.
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2022, 10:20 AM   #32
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
Or VC should require more tension for it to release. Looks like many people have this problem.

I tested it a couple times on a strain gauge. It breaks open at 3.0 kg or 6.6 lbs.
Old 22 September 2022, 12:59 PM   #33
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
I had that happen a lot on mine as well. Just keep popping it back in :)

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Rolextellstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2022, 02:08 PM   #34
kanwind
"TRF" Member

Same here
kanwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 05:19 AM   #35
torifile
"TRF" Member

Take out another link and leave the micro adjust open
torifile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 05:49 AM   #36
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Is your bracelet made in Switzerland or France? I never had this issue with my Swiss made bracelet (and I prefer to wear my watches very tight), but I recall VC switched manufacturers in the past year or two to a French supplier... curious if there might be a difference in the micro adjustments.
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 07:21 AM   #37
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

This is the problem with a friction based adjustment. The friction can either be too tight as to be very difficult to adjust or too loose and not strong enough to hold their position.

A push lock mechanism would be great.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2023, 04:53 AM   #38
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Anyone know if VC has an updated bracelet to fix this? Having recently acquired a PP that has the hidden button to release the microadjustment, I think VC have really missed when it comes to their implementation of this
Old 30 April 2023, 05:10 AM   #39
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Used to happen to me a lot too. not to the point that it would have been a reason not to wear the watch, but noticeable and a bit unnerving.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2023, 05:15 AM   #40
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_chissle View Post
Anyone know if VC has an updated bracelet to fix this? Having recently acquired a PP that has the hidden button to release the microadjustment, I think VC have really missed when it comes to their implementation of this
VC introduced this years in advance of Patek that, if memory serves me well did not roll that out before 2019ish. So they had time to watch and improve, whereas VC were the first to do it that way in that segment of watch. Now why they couldn’t draw any lessons from IWC that had a better system for about a decade prior to all that and is part of the same group, that’s a mystery.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Old 30 April 2023, 07:56 PM   #41
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
Used to happen to me a lot too. not to the point that it would have been a reason not to wear the watch, but noticeable and a bit unnerving.
Mine has gone into the safe, unforuntately. Am considering selling it for this reason. I absolutely love the watch besides the bracelet, but popping out 2-3 times a day was not acceptable. I like my watches a bit tigher, but when the microadjustment pops out, it ends up sliding past my wrist bone pretty easily, which is not how I like to wear my watch.

I hope at some point VC revise this and I can swap out the last few links/clasp.
Old 1 May 2023, 02:11 PM   #42
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_ View Post
This occurs to me as I like to wear my watch low on my wrist and happens when i flex my wrist in either direction.

Currently I have full links minus a half link fitted, which I have considered putting back in to see if it will cease it occuring.
I recently placed my 7900V in for service for an unrelated matter.

When the watch came back it had received a clean and not sure if a coincidence, although the micro adjustments no longer pop out randomly (if they do, its only one side and i sense i know when it occurred). They still feel the same when manually operating them, there is no noticeable tension etc
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2023, 03:17 PM   #43
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_chissle View Post
Mine has gone into the safe, unforuntately. Am considering selling it for this reason. I absolutely love the watch besides the bracelet, but popping out 2-3 times a day was not acceptable. I like my watches a bit tigher, but when the microadjustment pops out, it ends up sliding past my wrist bone pretty easily, which is not how I like to wear my watch.

I hope at some point VC revise this and I can swap out the last few links/clasp.
I hear you, eventually ended up selling mine too. Not for that reason but that issue sure isn’t something I miss.

Old 1 May 2023, 08:11 PM   #44
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_ View Post
I recently placed my 7900V in for service for an unrelated matter.

When the watch came back it had received a clean and not sure if a coincidence, although the micro adjustments no longer pop out randomly (if they do, its only one side and i sense i know when it occurred). They still feel the same when manually operating them, there is no noticeable tension etc
Thanks for sharing, that gives me hope! Mine has done it since day one. I'll give the boutique a shout and see what they can do