The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 August 2022, 10:42 PM   #1
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Another New Grönefeld?

The Grönefeld Instagram page just started teasing another watch announcement for September 1st. I was curious if anyone had any clue what it might be?
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2022, 06:50 AM   #2
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues

They said new case. Should be interesting and possibly unavailable haha
Old 28 August 2022, 03:26 AM   #3
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

They said new case. Should be interesting and possibly unavailable haha
Oh I’m sure it’ll be very expensive and totally sold out.
Old 28 August 2022, 09:16 AM   #4
startrolexendrolex
"TRF" Member

Sport model

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
startrolexendrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2022, 09:48 AM   #5
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by startrolexendrolex View Post
Sport model

Wow really? I’m honestly kind of surprised they’d branch out to sport models. I know that’s what’s popular but I didn’t see them going that route.
Old 28 August 2022, 12:53 PM   #6
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
Wow really? I’m honestly kind of surprised they’d branch out to sport models. I know that’s what’s popular but I didn’t see them going that route.

Seems like maybe a dive watch to me. I’m very intrigued.
Old 28 August 2022, 01:12 PM   #7
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Maybe it'll make me forget about the ARS2
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 09:40 AM   #8
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

The fact that nobody seems to care says a lot about where we are at in this down market.
Old 31 August 2022, 10:11 AM   #9
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The fact that nobody seems to care says a lot about where we are at in this down market.
I'm hyped out as far as indies go. Waitlists measured in years, aggressive pricing and no more discounts, VIPs taking the first year or two of production for new releases, thanks but no thanks. I ordered a watch for this year that's starting to look like 2023 delivery, a maybe on a 2024 watch, and deposit for a 2025 watch. I'm at my patience limit for watch futures. So yeah, if Gronefeld wants to launch a new watch they won't deliver for a few years, cool, but I'm not on the edge of my seat. I was excited about the Gronograph but they really asked all the money for that one.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 10:19 AM   #10
startrolexendrolex
"TRF" Member

I'm very excited about it. Gronefelds demographic probably don't use the forums much.

startrolexendrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 11:18 AM   #11
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Let’s see what it actually is first
I’m kinda excited lol
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 11:46 AM   #12
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

My excitement has been dialed way back since they’ve teased that’ll it be 45mm. I already knew it was unlikely I’d be able to get one due to price and availability but the potential size of this immediately makes me not care as much as I once did.
Old 31 August 2022, 11:59 AM   #13
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
I'm hyped out as far as indies go. Waitlists measured in years, aggressive pricing and no more discounts, VIPs taking the first year or two of production for new releases, thanks but no thanks. I ordered a watch for this year that's starting to look like 2023 delivery, a maybe on a 2024 watch, and deposit for a 2025 watch. I'm at my patience limit for watch futures. So yeah, if Gronefeld wants to launch a new watch they won't deliver for a few years, cool, but I'm not on the edge of my seat. I was excited about the Gronograph but they really asked all the money for that one.
I am beginning to feel that way as well. I’m not rich at all but I’ve been saving for one, maybe two large purchases. I’ve been researching independents like crazy the last few years and have been focusing on a few specific watches but the crazy rise in independents has pretty much ruined my chances of getting anything I want.

For instance I was really hoping to get a De Bethune Starry Varius. I tried one on in person 2 years ago and fell in love. But the 42mm size was just a tiny bit too large for my wrists. When I spoke to the AD he told me I could maybe even get a discount but he was unsure if they would ever go 40mm or below. So I saved hoping for a new size but now the model is completely and totally sold out forever. Or at least that’s how it seems. I knew this was a possibility but I didn’t have the money to just spend 70K on a watch that doesn’t fit me perfectly no matter how much I love it.

At the same time I was focusing on De Bethune I was looking hard at also maybe getting an MB&F. A similar issue was the size but I also was waiting for the right design. Again, they are now pre-sold and completely out of my reach.

I am happy these independents are doing so well and it’s on me for not having the amount of disposable income at the right time. Still..it gets so frustrating. There’s no time to wait for a cool new independent release to come out, wait to see and try it in person and then commit. You either have to have previous purchase history to be told about it before it’s announced and then put down a deposit or be quick enough to call the AD as soon as it comes out and put down money down right away. Even then you can be waiting years for the watch.

Also I totally agree with your assessment of the Gronograph. I emailed a few ADs before it was announced to express pre-interest in it but they warned me some were pre-sold and when I found out the price and saw the actual watch I moved on immediately. I just hope the market changes a little bit. It’s gotten ridiculous.

Sorry I know this is a long rant and all over the place. It’s just gotten so frustrating.
Old 31 August 2022, 12:21 PM   #14
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Pricing should be interesting. Agree the chrono was priced in but can’t say I blame them.
Old 31 August 2022, 12:56 PM   #15
rag5178
"TRF" Member

45mm is a bit of a bold move. I too am getting fatigue with the highly sought after micro/independent brands/watchmakers. These brands used to represent an alternative to the song and dance required to get desirable pieces from PP/AP, but ever since F.P. Journe’s explosion, many micros and independents are even harder to get.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 01:10 PM   #16
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

I don't disagree about the fatigue. Only thing tho is a principia that's waterproof sounds about perfect to me....too bad the 45mm sizing.... I guess we'll know soon enough what it actually looks like only other watch would be if MBF came out with a 101 evo, I'd sell everything for that.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 02:12 PM   #17
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Another New Grönefeld?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
I don't disagree about the fatigue. Only thing tho is a principia that's waterproof sounds about perfect to me....too bad the 45mm sizing.... I guess we'll know soon enough what it actually looks like only other watch would be if MBF came out with a 101 evo, I'd sell everything for that.

Max confirmed they would on IG recently but said few years out.

Old 31 August 2022, 05:19 PM   #18
yoast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
only other watch would be if MBF came out with a 101 evo, I'd sell everything for that.
Same

Quote:
Fingers crossed
Old 31 August 2022, 09:00 PM   #19
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
I care.

Given that it is likely already sold out and priced higher than I could pay anyway, it seems a bit pointless.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 10:05 PM   #20
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Add me to the MB&F list, yet am sure you guys already knew that.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 10:25 PM   #21
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
I care.

Given that it is likely already sold out and priced higher than I could pay anyway, it seems a bit pointless.

Well the chronograph they just released is still not technically sold out and was available for anyone to reserve at launch. Honestly it seems 45m will be a dealbreaker for many.

I gather you will be able to reserve one if you can stomach whatever they are charging and are ready to rock.
Old 1 September 2022, 01:33 AM   #22
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I would definitely buy one of them in a smaller case size. But I’m sure the wait will be years :(
Old 1 September 2022, 01:37 AM   #23
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Well the chronograph they just released is still not technically sold out and was available for anyone to reserve at launch. Honestly it seems 45m will be a dealbreaker for many.

I gather you will be able to reserve one if you can stomach whatever they are charging and are ready to rock.
I spoke to an AD a few days ago. There’s still a few of the Gronogrpahs left but the deliveries for those are around 2026 lol.

Yea 45mm is a huge dealbreaker for me and as you said many others. The funny thing is I remember seeing an interview where one of the Gronefeld brothers said they said they prefer larger sized watches but clients wanted them smaller so they stuck to that for a while. I mean I get the watchmaker/owners should push for what they like but 45mm……that’s excluding a lot of people.
Old 1 September 2022, 02:59 AM   #24
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
I spoke to an AD a few days ago. There’s still a few of the Gronogrpahs left but the deliveries for those are around 2026 lol.

Yea 45mm is a huge dealbreaker for me and as you said many others. The funny thing is I remember seeing an interview where one of the Gronefeld brothers said they said they prefer larger sized watches but clients wanted them smaller so they stuck to that for a while. I mean I get the watchmaker/owners should push for what they like but 45mm……that’s excluding a lot of people.

I’ll assume it wears like a fifty fathoms maybe? Would like to know the lug to lug measurements.
Old 1 September 2022, 03:39 AM   #25
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

Does anyone know the timing for the launch tomorrow (you know, just in case).
sgrossma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2022, 10:20 AM   #26
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
The Grönefeld brothers are producing some of the finest haute horologie in the world. The finishing is 2nd to none, the movements, the ingenuity, the craftsmanship! At 45 mm this will be too large for me but I cannot wait to see the final product. I'm still awaiting my Principia which is due to arrive in a year. I suspect it'll jump to the top of the collection.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2022, 11:31 AM   #27
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrossma View Post
Does anyone know the timing for the launch tomorrow (you know, just in case).
Supposedly 9am Eastern time. I'm looking forward to the unveiling but It does look like a beefy lumed Principia. I dunno, I feel like a "sports" watch should have center seconds....
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2022, 11:01 PM   #28
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Here it is

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch9wjR5D...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Old 1 September 2022, 11:12 PM   #29
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
1969 DeltaWorks: € 49,800.00
(Price is excluding taxes. Local taxes and duties might apply.)

Quote:
Due to a very busy planning, we cannot make more than 20 pieces of the 1969 DeltaWorks per year for the next 5 years. To give all interested parties a chance to order, we will allocate the watches in the fairest way possible after the introduction.
I am sure it is already sold out and I wish them good luck.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2022, 11:16 PM   #30
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
Honestly it’s just ok to me. Nothing I’m too excited about but even if I was it’s just too big for my wrists anyway. I hope whoever wants one of these is able to get it.