The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 5 October 2022, 05:31 AM   #1
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
65% off a Ladies Omega AT at a gray site. How? Need advice Pls

A couple of things...

1. Looking for a diamond bezel, MOP dial, YG (bezel not all gold) premium watch for my wife's B-day. She has no brand preference.
bezel. She likes the GO Lady Serenade and Omega AT a lot. She likes the LDJ as well, but thinks it's silly to pay the premium.
3. I've never bought gray, I always believe in paying a modest premium for peace of mind. I've always believed "If it's too good to be true"
4. I can get a non Rolex brand for around 20% off at my AD, probably a little more.

Soooooo...

Whilst researching, I came across watchshopping.com. Specifically, Omega ref 231.28.34.20.55.004 that has a retail price of 15.5K that they are selling for 5.5K. Supposedly with AD card and warranty. That's freaking 65% off. Furthermore, there is an all gold for 11.3K that retails for 29.1 (231.58.39.21.55.002). Again over 60% off SRP.

I did a little research on this gray, some good, some less than good. My question is, how is this even possible? Over 60 percent off has to come with a catch right?

Normally I wouldn't be tempted, but to save at minimum 5K has my cogs moving. Why? Because, even if I have to send it in to Omega, and even if Omega doesn't honor my supposed warranty, at most a full service would run me a grand, still leaving me a Tudor BBPRO up!

Is this a scam? Anyone care to chime in? I have ALWAYS informed my AD of the gray prices out there, and let him do his best in offering something competitive. Usually that means something like him offering me 17% when a gray is offering 22%. But this is insane..

Is saving 5-6K worth the risk? Looking for honest, non derogatory advice. I have good income, but not wealth per se, so money is important. I can spend up to 10-12K out the door and I don't have time to wait for anything.

https://www.watchshopping.com/omega-...20-55-004.html

https://www.watchshopping.com/omega-...21-55-002.html
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote