The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 September 2019, 04:56 AM   #31
scott-f84
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskinner View Post
I think the Speedy Pro is a brilliant watch, every bit as good....if different...to a Sub. So why shouldn’t he buy and enjoy one. Without all the silly angst. They’re just watches, two among many.
My preference is to get the Sub first but I do plan to have both eventually. They are both iconic watches.
scott-f84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 05:00 AM   #32
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado63 View Post
I agree with Ben, but it seems waiting months to get your name on the card is a new way to experience Rolex.
$11500 makes it $13800 once it arrives in the UK... in GBP OP would pay £11k GBP vs a retail of £6550. Thats almost double
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 05:17 AM   #33
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott-f84 View Post
Thank you for all the replies, it's much appreciated.

I have only registered my interest at 1 of the 3 AD's in my area. The only thing putting me off getting my name on the waiting list at the other 2 is that all 3 AD's are Goldsmiths and I read on here a little while ago that if you register with more than one Goldsmiths you get blacklisted.

My 2 nearest independents are each 100 miles away from me. Could always go for a couple of days out to see how the land lies with them? Just figured that the fact I wasn't local might count against me.
Go to the Indies and see but make sure you look like a WIS and not a flipper so you have to sell yourself, meanwhile keep saving for a grey and after a set period of waiting if they will even give you a timeline, then go grey.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 06:12 AM   #34
Ped22
"TRF" Member

Pay for a holiday to Italy and get a Sub from an AD rather than pay over the odds. Last time I went, I went to three different ADs who all had submariners with one even having date and ND.

You get holiday out of it and you get your name on the guarantee card :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ped22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 06:32 AM   #35
jack0
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped22 View Post
Pay for a holiday to Italy and get a Sub from an AD rather than pay over the odds. Last time I went, I went to three different ADs who all had submariners with one even having date and ND.

You get holiday out of it and you get your name on the guarantee card :)

How long ago was this? I’ve heard they won’t sell without bundling.
jack0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 07:16 AM   #36
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
My AD part of the WoS group has been brilliant, I have been told that I can have a Sub in a few months time, the AD was quite open in that they have supplied all the people who have asked for one and bought 2 or more watches from them, they are clearing the bought 1 other watch list and then will start on those people who have not bought anything from them.

I bought a DJ, not because I wanted the Sub, I did actually go in and buy the DJ of my own free will, the offer of a Sub, GMT, Sky Dweller came up in conversation after I had bought the DJ, in fact the AD stated that they will only supply a SS Sport watch if the buyer has bought another watch from the group. So I have inadvertently opened the door to the SS Sport range, which I am going to take advantage of in the not too distant future.

One other point to take into account, when you buy a Rolex from the WoS group you get a 10 (yes ten) year guarantee, so getting on friendly terms with your AD might be worth doing even if the wait rankles.

Just my 10p's worth of opinion.
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 04:01 PM   #37
Ped22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack0 View Post
How long ago was this? I’ve heard they won’t sell without bundling.

September last year - the watches weren’t out on display but when I asked they brought them out :)

Ped22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 05:19 PM   #38
Weasel20
"TRF" Member

Life is too short to beg an AD to sell you a watch. The whole thing is really silly. I bought a no date Sub via the grey for about $950 more than it would have cost me through an AD after sales tax, no wait. no games. Well worth the extra money and guess what, they asked me what name I wanted on the warranty card so I even have the warranty card in my name. No reason to have Rolex blue balls for 2 years when you can get what you want from a grey and not waste time.
Weasel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 09:30 PM   #39
bathducks123
"TRF" Member

I would consider u lucky if they offer u to buy Air king or Explorer before the sub since where i came from u cant even get those.. the best u could go for are Tudors (minus the infamous gmt model).

But then again when looking at this whole shortage (not really shortage i meant indirect sale to greys) from a positive perspective, it means if u own a SS sports model or any sports model for that matter, its either u really are somebody or u paid alot to get it.

Bad times for ppl like us that are just starting to appriciate Rolex sport models.
bathducks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 11:08 PM   #40
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathducks123 View Post
I would consider u lucky if they offer u to buy Air king or Explorer before the sub since where i came from u cant even get those.. the best u could go for are Tudors (minus the infamous gmt model).

But then again when looking at this whole shortage (not really shortage i meant indirect sale to greys) from a positive perspective, it means if u own a SS sports model or any sports model for that matter, its either u really are somebody or u paid alot to get it.

Bad times for ppl like us that are just starting to appriciate Rolex sport models.
Not sure if you're 'someone' or that you have 'paid alot', the SS Professional models are out there but they are incredibly popular, Rolex don't appear to have increased production to cater for this demand, the reasons for that are a matter of a multitude of different personal opinions as Rolex don't make statements on productivity or sales.

There is a marketplace out there that has watches you can go and buy them and pay extra, you can work with your AD and get the watch you want but you will have to be patient.

The one certain thing is that to walk in to an AD and find any of the SS Sport watches sitting in the case waiting to be sold would be something of a miracle. However, there is a saying that 'we can do miracles, it's the impossible that's takes a bit longer'.
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote