The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 12 September 2019, 08:16 AM   #1
PureCoconut
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5711
Datejust II legitimate?

Received this today and as it is my first Datejust, it felt a bit off to me. Thoughts on clasp, crown and dial?

PureCoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 08:29 AM   #2
mrcardoc
"TRF" Member

Hard to say my friend. The datejusts have been 1:1 reverse engineered almost to 90% perfect now. Without paperwork on the diamond dial or opening it up I can’t tell. If you open it up or take it to jeweler ......... look at the balance and see if it has balance screws on the wheel. Also insure it has a single piece balance bridge. The replicas have gotten that good all the way down to the movement. They interchange with gen parts. Also you can run the numbers on the bracelet. The date codes are usually never correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrcardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 08:32 AM   #3
mrcardoc
"TRF" Member

Datejust II legitimate?

Also I don’t know if it’s the lighting or angle but the diamonds are not vsi and are not centered correctly. Rolex or even a jeweler would never let that fly

Old 12 September 2019, 08:35 AM   #4
armybuck041
"TRF" Member

Watch: Easy Come, Easy Go
Here’s pics of my old DJII with a diamond dial:

Fit and finish was perfect. No slop on the bracelet and links etc.
Old 12 September 2019, 06:21 PM   #5
watchnut100
SCUMBAG

Clasp looks wrong to me
watchnut100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 11:21 PM   #6
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Get it checked.
Lots of "poor" details, albeit poor photos
a
Old 12 September 2019, 11:24 PM   #7
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Poor photos is a red flag.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 11:25 PM   #8
dxbtousa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Get it checked.
Lots of "poor" details, albeit poor photos
a
For once I agree with you Mr. Gladiator.

Get it checked.
dxbtousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 11:26 PM   #9
Noonan
Banned

Watch: 3570.50
Where did you receive it from? That's all you should need to know to determine if it's authentic or not.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 07:18 PM   #10
Mrjohnhuo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner.
Yeah I agree, it look off. Case, looks strange.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Mrjohnhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 07:36 PM   #11
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Adam is seldom wrong.

Pass.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 09:34 PM   #12
PureCoconut
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Where did you receive it from? That's all you should need to know to determine if it's authentic or not.
DavidSW
Old 13 September 2019, 09:35 PM   #13
PureCoconut
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Poor photos is a red flag.
Makes no sense but ok
Old 13 September 2019, 09:36 PM   #14
PureCoconut
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxbtousa View Post
For once I agree with you Mr. Gladiator.

Get it checked.
DavidSW typically has a great reputation, would be shocked if its fake
Old 13 September 2019, 09:45 PM   #15
mrcardoc
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately this place is getting filled with a bunch of uneducated snobs. They use google and automatically become watch oficialnados. I’m a third generation smith and only speak when needed. There are sooo many different variations of case sets and also sooo many people that sell honestly other than an authorized dealers. Until everyone knows all the facts don’t thread crap. Peoples two cents are not worth the time reading. Let this person enjoy the watch until all the facts are out. It looks right to me and I handle a 2 million dollar inventory on a daily basis. It’s a nice watch and looks good. Without physically holding it or opening it up it looks correct.

Old 13 September 2019, 09:57 PM   #16
PureCoconut
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcardoc View Post
Unfortunately this place is getting filled with a bunch of uneducated snobs. They use google and automatically become watch oficialnados. I’m a third generation smith and only speak when needed. There are sooo many different variations of case sets and also sooo many people that sell honestly other than an authorized dealers. Until everyone knows all the facts don’t thread crap. Peoples two cents are not worth the time reading. Let this person enjoy the watch until all the facts are out. It looks right to me and I handle a 2 million dollar inventory on a daily basis. It’s a nice watch and looks good. Without physically holding it or opening it up it looks correct.

Thanks again and appreciate the fresh perspective around here ... saw these replies and couldn't help myself
Old 13 September 2019, 09:59 PM   #17
dxbtousa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureCoconut View Post
DavidSW typically has a great reputation, would be shocked if its fake
So if you already have an opinion on the watch, what is the point of this thread? Should have lead with all the information in the original post then?

My opinion still stands based on the evidence from original post.

Replies will always air on the safe side and as others have said; bad photos raise skepticism.
Old 13 September 2019, 10:00 PM   #18
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcardoc View Post

This.

Poor photos are not a true benchmark of authenticity. Not everybody has a $2000 digital camera to take the best shots, and I personally could not take any better than what the OP provided.

That said, I do not see anything out of the ordinary. The only real way to know for sure is to have someone qualified open it up and take a look inside.
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 10:07 PM   #19
PureCoconut
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
So if you already have an opinion on the watch, what is the point of this thread? Should have lead with all the information in the original post then?

My opinion still stands based on the evidence from original post.

Replies will always air on the safe side and as others have said; bad photos raise skepticism.
I'll tell you whatever I want about the watch. Everybody on here is a fanboy of his; rather than all of you butthurt fanboys rushing to his defense, I'd rather see an unbiased opinion of my actual question. You'll be mad at this because its true.

What on earth does "bad photos raise skepticism" mean? Do you actually read before you post? Look at the pictures, give me an unbiased and snark-free opinion, and move on; quite simple! Wanted to like this forum, back to the AP forums I go.
Old 13 September 2019, 10:17 PM   #20
dxbtousa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'll tell you whatever I want about the watch. Everybody on here is a fanboy of his; rather than all of you butthurt fanboys rushing to his defense, I'd rather see an unbiased opinion of my actual question. You'll be mad at this because its true.

What on earth does "bad photos raise skepticism" mean? Do you actually read before you post? Look at the pictures, give me an unbiased and snark-free opinion, and move on; quite simple! Wanted to like this forum, back to the AP forums I go.
Must be nice wasting yours and everybody else's time. Must be a softer crowd in the "ap forums", lol. Run along.
Old 13 September 2019, 11:24 PM   #21
PureCoconut
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Must be nice wasting yours and everybody else's time. Must be a softer crowd in the "ap forums", lol. Run along.
There you go again being unobservant as usual... I got great feedback and quality responses from everybody but you. Dude, seriously, situational awareness is a real thing and I promise, if implemented, you QOL will probably improve; assuming you can get out of your own way you won't... They never do.
Old 13 September 2019, 11:24 PM   #22
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
DavidSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by herts9 View Post
This.

Poor photos are not a true benchmark of authenticity. Not everybody has a $2000 digital camera to take the best shots, and I personally could not take any better than what the OP provided.

That said, I do not see anything out of the ordinary. The only real way to know for sure is to have someone qualified open it up and take a look inside.
I have to agree with this. Some on here, state bad or poor photos when in actuality they have no idea and should not be commenting to begin with. To the OP, if you do have a concern bring it up with David. I'm sure he would be more than willing to educate and straighten out any concerns you have.
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 11:27 PM   #23
PureCoconut
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
I have to agree with this. Some on here, state bad or poor photos when in actuality they have no idea and should not be commenting to begin with. To the OP, if you do have a concern bring it up with David. I'm sure he would be more than willing to educate and straighten out any concerns you have.
Wanted to keep him out of it but if concerns were raised I was going to give him a call. Until I could get to an AD (I thought) this was a viable option. As TRF sometimes proves, it is not.
Old 13 September 2019, 11:28 PM   #24
Knappo 1307

Old 13 September 2019, 11:41 PM   #25
77T

Quote:

What on earth does "bad photos raise skepticism" mean?

I think what people usually mean about skepticism regarding photos is when a new member posts them and asks about authenticity. I didn’t comment earlier because I couldn’t see enough detail in the photos.

Quote:

Do you actually read before you post?
Look at the pictures, give me an unbiased and snark-free opinion, and move on; quite simple!
Replica watch forum members can drop in here to test the waters on their latest handiwork. Sometimes TRF member reviews may question the authenticity of the new member as much as the watch.

Your reactions have been the type we’ve seen before - so I see a couple of options. If you can get some good sharp close-ups it may help get better opinions. But if not, then a trip to a certified and Rolex experienced watchmaker will give you a better opinion than us looking at your pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 11:54 PM   #26
PureCoconut
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I think what people usually mean about skepticism regarding photos is when a new member posts them and asks about authenticity. I didn’t comment earlier because I couldn’t see enough detail in the photos.

Replica watch forum members can drop in here to test the waters on their latest handiwork. Sometimes TRF member reviews may question the authenticity of the new member as much as the watch.

Your reactions have been the type we’ve seen before - so I see a couple of options. If you can get some good sharp close-ups it may help get better opinions. But if not, then a trip to a certified and Rolex experienced watchmaker will give you a better opinion than us looking at your pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The insights are appreciated. As I mentioned before, I purchased from a revered forum member here so that kind of closes the loop on me being a replica guy fishing for feedback. Actually had spoken with another member on this thread, to my delight, through text with better pics of my watch and he gave great feedback.
Old 13 September 2019, 11:57 PM   #27
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
People who sell fakes frequently post poor photos so the average person cannot tell if it is a fake. In this modern day there is no excuse for poor photos.

Quote:
Makes no sense but ok
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 12:13 AM   #28
dxbtousa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There you go again being unobservant as usual... I got great feedback and quality responses from everybody but you. Dude, seriously, situational awareness is a real thing and I promise, if implemented, you QOL will probably improve; assuming you can get out of your own way you won't... They never do.
If you actually spent more time around here you would realize nothing I said was out of line or even that it was fake. Merely suggesting to get it checked if you so desire, seemed to have enlightened the chihuahua in you to bark at all
suggestions.

So yes, situational awareness is a thing my friend and you seem to have it completely backwards. Enjoy your DJ, real or not.
Old 14 September 2019, 12:20 AM   #29
PureCoconut
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
If you actually spent more time around here you would realize nothing I said was out of line or even that it was fake. Merely suggesting to get it checked if you so desire, seemed to have enlightened the chihuahua in you to bark at all
suggestions.

So yes, situational awareness is a thing my friend and you seem to have it completely backwards. Enjoy your DJ, real or not.
Enlightened the chihuahua in you? If you're going to insult me, use correct words... it's like, not even close to meaning what you think it means...

I think that's enough TRF for today. Signing off, "Enlightened," one.
Old 14 September 2019, 12:33 AM   #30
Knappo 1307

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=696391