The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 29 November 2012, 05:45 AM   #1
gt0279a
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Rolex 16610 Submariner Date R Serial Newly serviced

Click Here for More Hi Res Photos

Up for sale is my 16610 Rolex Submariner. Watch was purchased from the original owner about a year and a half ago. It is an R serial (R747xxx) from approximately 1989 which is the first year Rolex produced the 16610 model. Stainless Steel Case with lugholes. It has lovely creamy, matching patina on the original tritium dial, hands and bezel pearl. Date Wheel has the rare ‘open’ font for the 6s and 9s.

Condition: The watch is in Near Mint Condition (TZ 96%). There are some minor swirl marks on the case around the lug holes and a mark on the 11 o’clock lug. Case is unpolished with thick lugs and retains the factory 'chamfered' edges. Dial, hands, bezel and sapphire crystal are excellent. Everything is original on the watch.

Bracelet: 93150 Oyster bracelet is in mint condition and has zero stretch. Original factory brushing is perfect as well as the Coronet on the clasp. Bracelet has 11 links plus the divers extension. 501B endlinks. Fliplock clasp with the ‘L10’ date stamp consistent for an R serial watch.

Service History: Complete movement service done by a Rolex Certified Watchmaker October of 2011. He also removed a scratch from the caseback and completely disassembled and cleaned the bracelet. Total service cost $450. Watch keeps COSC time. Photos of the movement were taken before the service and the watch was sealed and pressure tested. Movement is Rolex 3135 that runs at 28,800 bph with 31 jewels and has a 50+ hour power reserve with quick set date.

Details: 40mm 904L Stainless Steel Oyster Case water resistant to 300m/1000ft with screw down caseback, Sapphire Crystal with Date Magnifier, Screw down Trip-Lock Crown, Glossy Black Dial with White Gold Surrounds with verbiage "Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Submariner 1000ft=300m Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified", White Gold Mercedes Hands, Black Aluminum Bezel insert, 93150 oyster bracelet with Flip-Lock clasp and diver's extension.

Included with the watch is the service receipt.

Price:
$4950 or Best Offer - Bank transfer preferred or Paypal +fees
Price includes third party insured Fedex 2 day delivery to the continental US
I can also ship internationally (USPS/EMS)

About me as a Seller:
I have bought and sold several watches on the forums and can provide references if needed. Please email or pm me with any questions.

gt0279a at yahoo dot com
gt0279a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
16610 , 93150 , oyster , rolex , submariner