The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 1 November 2015, 02:42 PM   #1
jban5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513~1675x2~1680~
Rolex Archives

Does Rolex Geneve still offer a service of researching the original information of individual watches?

If so, has anyone had the experience of having this done and what procedures did you find to be the most efficient or productive?

I have found very little mentioned on this or other forum, which surprises me. I wondered if I am searching the wrong key words.

thanks
jban5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2015, 02:55 PM   #2
mdw3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jban5 View Post
Does Rolex Geneve still offer a service of researching the original information of individual watches?

If so, has anyone had the experience of having this done and what procedures did you find to be the most efficient or productive?

I have found very little mentioned on this or other forum, which surprises me. I wondered if I am searching the wrong key words.

thanks
Rolex does not, and never did, offer any archiving or research service. You can forget about the possibility of any information being forthcoming from headquarters.

Michael
mdw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2015, 10:09 PM   #3
joe100
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer
Not having access to the rolex archives has cost "collectors" millions. The Tudor Marine prototype comes to mind. High-profile folks and the Rolex ambassadors get what they want, but that's about it.

Rolex did once reply to a hand written note requesting some information. Very kind of them. However a few months later they did threaten to sue me because I selling an empty moon-crater box. They said they're the only entity allowed to sell packaging materials. So rolex giveth and rolex taketh away.