The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 January 2018, 12:27 AM   #61
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFLARE View Post
You mentioned having an ROC that did not hold value well. What made you want to sell your ROC?
I sold it for a Rolex DD2. In truth I bought it used, but even tho at a great price it never felt truly mine, so now I'd only buy new. I only lost £2K on it and it was my first ever PM, so I was very happy with the experience. Important to buy well.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 01:12 AM   #62
LAFLARE
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I sold it for a Rolex DD2. In truth I bought it used, but even tho at a great price it never felt truly mine, so now I'd only buy new. I only lost £2K on it and it was my first ever PM, so I was very happy with the experience. Important to buy well.
I will be paying about the same rental fee for my RG44 if I decide to flip the switch. Also considered a DD40 but that would cut into my AP funds and I'm not sure if I am at a point right now where I would go back to Rolex for a PM given my golden discovery at an opportunity for an AP or PP PM
LAFLARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 02:28 AM   #63
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Everyone is different, but I get just as much enjoyment from my gold and platinum Rolex as I do from my gold AP or Lange.

Rolex fills a casual, durable, mostly sporty niche that is very nice in PM.
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 02:50 AM   #64
LAFLARE
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
Everyone is different, but I get just as much enjoyment from my gold and platinum Rolex as I do from my gold AP or Lange.

Rolex fills a casual, durable, mostly sporty niche that is very nice in PM.
I think in a few years I may go back to a Rolex PM, but for now my eyes are set on a few other dishes. They say once you get a taste of steak you won't want to go back to chicken..that's kind of how I'm feeling right now. I do appreciate Rolex that much more now having something to compare their durability and robustness to.
LAFLARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 03:03 AM   #65
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
I’ll throw on a DD for a weekend hiking/biking with friends, hanging out in the hot tub in the evenings, etc. I won’t wear my Lange or AP to do that.

Day to day at home, office, restaurants, etc, it makes no difference. Rolex PM makes a great travel watch.

If you can swing it, a DD and a gold APRO, or a platinum Daytona and a gold Lange would make a great pair!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 03:11 AM   #66
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFLARE View Post
Are you saying the OW is the clear cut decision to make here?

The only issue that is hanging over my head with this move is the loss of PM. Maybe I won't care about it so much once it's done, maybe I will. Is OW the play to make here?
If you can get an SS OW at that premium in 3 mos then that is fairly safe money. Buying full PM ROC at anywhere close to list you have to be prepared to get hit pretty hard on resale. Just the way it is.

However, I would be skeptical of any promises of delivery on a 15407 within 3 months. If the person is confident, have them put it in writing with liquidated damages for each day past 90 it takes. My guess is the seller will not bite on that but who knows.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2018, 04:08 AM   #67
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
For me an openworks should show depth of dial, engineering and art work of the movement not a window to your arm hair!
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote