The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 June 2016, 01:03 PM   #1
Tritto
"TRF" Member

7835-19 bracelet on 7012/0 Tudor sub?

Hi all.
I have a Tudor snowflake sub currently undergoing service (local independent without Rolex parts account). It came to me without a bracelet and I have a couple of nice straps put aside for it when it returns.
However, I've noticed a vintage Tudor Oyster (no date) for sale locally with a 7835-19 bracelet fitted. I know the 7836 can be an option for a late sixties Tudor sub, but can the 7835 be a viable option (with correct 20mm end links added)? Is the 7835-19 basically the same dimensions except for the end links, or are there differences that would prelude this?
I'm thinking that I could flip the watch head and basically get the bracelet for very little outlay.

There is no local Rolex AD or watchmaker with CW21 certification. To get a new Rolex bracelet from Rolex would require sending the watch interstate or taking it in next time I fly interstate.

Thanks in anticipation.

Via the interweb from a land downunder
Tritto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2016, 09:18 PM   #2
jdog111578
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor 7016, 94010
I assume you are talking about a Tudor 7021 and thats just a typo :)

The 7835 is a smaller bracelet and even with 20mm end links, will not look good or work well. For a 7021 you can go with a 7836, 9315, or 93150. All 20mm lug bracelets. It will all come down to if you want period correct or comfortability. And price of course. These can be find in a variety of places like here, VRF or eBay.
jdog111578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2016, 10:07 PM   #3
linesiders
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
While it would work (and has been done before) it will not provide any added value, might look a little off to the trained eye, and may (or not) bug you. So again, it will work but might not be worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog111578 View Post

The 7835 is a smaller bracelet and even with 20mm end links, will not look good or work well. For a 7021 you can go with a 7836, 9315, or 93150. All 20mm lug bracelets. It will all come down to if you want period correct or comfortability. And price of course. These can be find in a variety of places like here, VRF or eBay.
Agree
Old 21 June 2016, 12:50 PM   #4
Tritto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog111578 View Post

Thank you. Yes, I meant 7021/0. Damn fat fingers :-)

Thanks for your advice. From the responses it seems that 7835 isn't a worthwhile addition to the watch - even with correct 20mm end links added.

Old 21 June 2016, 01:01 PM   #5
Tritto
"TRF" Member

Thank you @linesiders. I think I'll just wear it on a nice strap or NATO for the time being and if the right bracelet comes along then I'll look at that option. The great thing about these older submariner cases is the drilled lugs that make it easy to swap and change.
One option I will be trying is a replica MN parachute tape strap (seen here on my vintage Seiko Tuna).