The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 26 November 2017, 09:19 PM   #1
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Just put in for something different. Scottish FP??

Just got an email from massdrop about a deal going on a Namisu aluminum fountain pen with a titanium nib. The price was very reasonable. I decided to dig a little deeper and see what else they had to offer. I guess Bock makes a titanium nib these days. Didn't know that and it's at a reasonable cost. I don't have a titanium nib in my collection........that's a bad sign. I found that Namisu (a Scottish FP company) makes a solid Ti pen with a Bock Ti nib and it wasn't horrifically expensive! They also had a 15% off Black Friday sale going.....dooooom! Ended up putting in for a solid Ti stonewashed pen with this Ti Bock nib in medium. Word on the street is it verges on semi flex. I'm pretty excited! This could rival my Omas Ludovico Einaudi for a daily carry pen! This Namisu Nova has a very Japanese form to it that I find really interesting. Not sure the connection from Scotland to Japan but I have to say, didn't see a lot of Japanese people in Scotland last time I was there! Again, really excited about this incoming!

Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2017, 01:04 AM   #2
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Congrats. Saw that on Massdrop. That is a very dangerous site. They have a Junghans Max Bill Chrono for $1200 right now. That is scary cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2017, 05:45 PM   #3
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
Congrats. Saw that on Massdrop. That is a very dangerous site. They have a Junghans Max Bill Chrono for $1200 right now. That is scary cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's true! I saw the Orion on massdrop and thought to look at what else Namisu makes. A solid Ti pen is kind of unique in the market especially at that price. Also have a pocket drone coming in thanks to massdrop
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote