The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 January 2018, 04:57 AM   #31
Colin10101
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Second watch is definitely a tough one to pick. I find myself in the same boat, I want to own a second but I’m not sure how much I’d like not wearing my GMT !

Personally I like that DJ better.
Old 9 January 2018, 08:25 AM   #32
juliet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
I wouldn’t buy a Sub just bc you think you are supposed to... if you think you’ll wear the DJ more , then go with that. If however you are looking for a watch that can take abuse on the weekends and vacation but look good at work too, then hard beat a SubC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think this is sort of where I’m at, maybe liking the “idea” of the Sub more than the watch itself. Something about the DJ isn’t quite working for me either.

Well it took me well over a year of visiting my AD before I ordered my Explorer, this may just take a little longer.
juliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2018, 08:30 AM   #33
juliet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothothaven View Post
I can't say enough good things about the GMT master II, especially if you travel! It is surprisingly functional, and the 3 time zone thing is no joke! Especially if you have a meeting in one time zone, are traveling in another, and need to call your home office in a third. It is arguably as good looking as the sub (personal taste is what it is) but the practicality is unmatched. I couldn't imagine getting on a plane or a long drive without mine
I originally wanted a GMT as I travel internationally every week with work. I find though that with my watch on home time and carrying my phone which auto sets to local time I’m covered. Also I find the GMT dial crowded with the cyclops and GMT hand, especially as its a small dial already because of the bezel.

Talk about nit picky I know!!
juliet is offline   Reply With Quote