The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 January 2018, 05:20 AM   #31
RolexPD
"TRF" Member

Stories like this perfectly illustrate why Rolex is better off producing “too few,” rather than too many, watches.
RolexPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2018, 05:25 AM   #32
downtorock
2024 Pledge Member

I love my BLNR!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
downtorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2018, 05:27 AM   #33
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Don't worry, they'll make more. You'll love it when you do get it, it is a fantastic watch.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2018, 05:29 AM   #34
pilotjim
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Were they gonna charge you the entire amount or just a deposit to wait?
pilotjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2018, 05:40 AM   #35
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotjim View Post
Were they gonna charge you the entire amount or just a deposit to wait?
Seriously good point. If by paying full, you guarantee the next one. If you're committed to the watch, then you're going to spend that cash anyway.
The Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2018, 11:14 AM   #36
Mrcoach32
"TRF" Member

From one Wisconsinite to another, that sucks. I bought mine at Treiber and Straub in Milwaukee. Service was meh, but they got one in the hour I called so I purchased it. It's a great piece. On Wisconsin!
Rolex 116610LN, Rolex 116710BLNR, Rolex 116610LV, Rolex 126600, Panerai PAM01320, Omega Planet Ocean 232.90.42.21.03.001, Omega Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005, Omega Seamaster 300M 2531.80.00, Tudor Pelagos LHD 25610TNL, Seiko SBDC007, Casio G-Shock GSTS130BC-1A
Mrcoach32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2018, 12:03 PM   #37
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
You snooze, you lose... now go sleep with Robert Redford.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2018, 02:18 PM   #38
ragingcao
"TRF" Member

Watch: cha talking about?
Looks great on ya. Not big just right. At least you now know what you want.
ragingcao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2018, 11:22 PM   #39
Raypep
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ / BLNR / Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Argonaut View Post
Seriously good point. If by paying full, you guarantee the next one. If you're committed to the watch, then you're going to spend that cash anyway.

My hesitation was if I found another one sooner would I be able to 'easily' get back my deposit.
Raypep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2018, 11:24 PM   #40
Raypep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcoach32 View Post
From one Wisconsinite to another, that sucks. I bought mine at Treiber and Straub in Milwaukee. Service was meh, but they got one in the hour I called so I purchased it. It's a great piece. On Wisconsin!
I've gone in their once, I thought they were alright. Nothing special. Razny was a great experience this weekend, pleasantly surprised. I would happily spend money their, also considering I wouldn't have to pay IL tax!

I'm also delighted to hear another person in Wisconsin is interested in watches! I guess I won't have the only BLNR in town (I figured I wouldn't be anyways, but always a chance lol).

-R
Old 15 January 2018, 11:26 PM   #41
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750
Hi Ray,

A fair point. I know one place that makes the deposit non-refundable. So you need to be very sure!

Best,
TA
The Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2018, 11:27 PM   #42
Raypep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexPD View Post
Stories like this perfectly illustrate why Rolex is better off producing “too few,” rather than too many, watches.
I can't agree more with this statement. My DJ, still holds a pretty good value but not nearly as well as a BLNR would. Just simple economics.

-R
Old 15 January 2018, 11:37 PM   #43
Raypep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Argonaut View Post
Hi Ray,

A fair point. I know one place that makes the deposit non-refundable. So you need to be very sure!

Best,
TA
Even if it was 'refundable' it goes off of word of mouth. Just too much risk (for me at least). I read on this forum somewhere else that the 'search' is part of the fun. I'm starting to agree with that.

-R
Old 15 January 2018, 11:39 PM   #44
andyxxx
"TRF" Member

Watch: with confusion
I know I am the only one to say it but I think it looks slightly too big.

I have the same problem (thin wrists) but still bought a watch that is too big and love it.
You should have bought it!!!
andyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2018, 11:44 PM   #45
Raypep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyxxx View Post
I know I am the only one to say it but I think it looks slightly too big.

I have the same problem (thin wrists) but still bought a watch that is too big and love it.
You should have bought it!!!
Do you happen to have a picture of it on your wrist?

Another variable to all of this is the 'impending' price increase, so my hope would be to grab one before than to increase its value.
Old 16 January 2018, 12:14 AM   #46
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raypep View Post
I've gone in their once, I thought they were alright. Nothing special. Razny was a great experience this weekend, pleasantly surprised. I would happily spend money their, also considering I wouldn't have to pay IL tax!

I'm also delighted to hear another person in Wisconsin is interested in watches! I guess I won't have the only BLNR in town (I figured I wouldn't be anyways, but always a chance lol).

-R
Razny in Highland park. That was my guess. My 2nd guess was Tesla dealer and C.D Peacock in Old Orchard. Anyway, sorry that you missed the opportunity. My preferred dealer got a good shipment last week and have a BLNR in it. Not sure if it was sold or not. But the dealer is pretty far and they require the first purchase to be done in person
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 12:18 AM   #47
Raypep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
Razny in Highland park. That was my guess. My 2nd guess was Tesla dealer and C.D Peacock in Old Orchard. Anyway, sorry that you missed the opportunity. My preferred dealer got a good shipment last week and have a BLNR in it. Not sure if it was sold or not. But the dealer is pretty far and they require the first purchase to be done in person
You got it! I actually went to test drive the Model X right before I stopped in. Honestly, I'd be willing to travel... if its under a couple hours. I just don't want to drive 2 hours and its sold!

Tomorrow I will be making a few calls to dealers, will be tough considering it will be my 'first purchase' at any dealer. (My DJ was purchased at a former AD that is no longer in business).
Old 16 January 2018, 12:22 AM   #48
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
I passed once on a SS Daytona. I had one and didn't see the reason to have 2 of them. It would have been an easy way to make $1000 though. Just didn't feel like bothering.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 02:13 AM   #49
Mrcoach32
"TRF" Member

Quote:

-R

Yeah, not a lot of us up here! I'm fascinated with luxury timepieces because of the quality, precision, etc. If I were into them as a status symbol, I'd need to move because I'd be hard pressed find anyone who would recognize one of my pieces from a distance, especially where I live.

I like Razny quite a bit and they've always been my first call. I called every AD in Chicago and surrounding areas when I was looking for a BLNR and I just got lucky with Treiber and Straub. There aren't any Panerai dealers up here and even limited in IL so I ended up purchasing the one I was looking for complete with manufacturer's warranty, paperwork, etc from a trusted online seller. The piece was so pristine and the transaction was so smooth that I purchased my SubC from them also. If you're struggling to find a piece because of where we live, let me know and I'll pass the info on.

Have a stellar day and enjoy the snow! We're supposed to get 9-10" near the lake! Later!
Rolex 116610LN, Rolex 116710BLNR, Rolex 116610LV, Rolex 126600, Panerai PAM01320, Omega Planet Ocean 232.90.42.21.03.001, Omega Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005, Omega Seamaster 300M 2531.80.00, Tudor Pelagos LHD 25610TNL, Seiko SBDC007, Casio G-Shock GSTS130BC-1A
Mrcoach32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 02:23 AM   #50
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Next time...
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 02:37 AM   #51
Raypep
"TRF" Member

Here's a fun update,

I located a dealer in Wisconsin with the watch. Apparently it was set aside for a customer over the holiday's but the client went another route. They put it in the case on Friday @ 4pm, and closed at 5 (not open on the weekends). I called and reserved it.

Either I'm lucky or supply is going up. Either way I appreciate everyone's input. I would have liked to give Razny the sale, 1) because they are fantastic 2) no tax!
Old 16 January 2018, 02:44 AM   #52
Feh
"TRF" Member

I managed to snag a BLNR online through DavidSW. Minimum markup (couple hundred bills), this watch is definitely scarce and difficult to locate. I agree, once you find one and it's the one you want, just pounce on it! Glad you got what you wanted.
Feh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 03:35 AM   #53
Shutterlife
"TRF" Member

Good job finding one. When I wasn't looking to buy, I was find them regularly in AD. Now that i'm looking to buy, I can't find any. Looking to buy out of state of course, save on taxes. But if it looks like Rolex is shipping again, I should start calling all the AD's out there again.

Quote:
Here's a fun update,

I located a dealer in Wisconsin with the watch. Apparently it was set aside for a customer over the holiday's but the client went another route. They put it in the case on Friday @ 4pm, and closed at 5 (not open on the weekends). I called and reserved it.

Either I'm lucky or supply is going up. Either way I appreciate everyone's input. I would have liked to give Razny the sale, 1) because they are fantastic 2) no tax!
Shutterlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 03:55 AM   #54
ML1979
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak
That's how I bought mine. Was just browsing with no intention of buying anything and the sales person, who probably noticed the rolex I was wearing, mentioned that they had just got a blnr in the previous evening. I didn't even look at it or try it on before I said I'd take it.
ML1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 04:47 AM   #55
bmrisko
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many...
There's a used one for sale on Nashville Craigslist. The guy is asking $10k, which is crazy, but maybe he could be talked down. Not my watch, just saw it last night when browsing around...
bmrisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 04:48 AM   #56
Tangier11
Banned

Watch: ROLEX
As for too big or not, that is totally up to you. Sorry you missed it. Hind sight, I would have bought it and flipped it if I ended up not liking it.
Tangier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 04:51 AM   #57
Buckeye4life
"TRF" Member

Watch: Z blue Milgauss
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdinh View Post

They go great with the Retro 4s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holy smokes, that's nice!

This is a bit of a tangent, but what is the AD policy on price increases if you were to put the full amount on your credit card? I asked my AD about a 116710LN and they said if the price increases before they get another one in, I'd have to pay the new price. In other words, putting money down doesn't lock it at that price. I thought this was ridiculous so I didn't do it. I would rather buy NIB from a TS here.

2016 Rolex Milgauss 116400GV Z-Blue
2015 Frederique Constant FC715H4S6 Manufacture Moon Phase
2015 Seiko SARG017
Buckeye4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 05:01 AM   #58
Juantxo
Banned

It's just a watch. Don't fret. Save your money.
Juantxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2018, 05:03 AM   #59
Raypep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye4life View Post
Holy smokes, that's nice!

This is a bit of a tangent, but what is the AD policy on price increases if you were to put the full amount on your credit card? I asked my AD about a 116710LN and they said if the price increases before they get another one in, I'd have to pay the new price. In other words, putting money down doesn't lock it at that price. I thought this was ridiculous so I didn't do it. I would rather buy NIB from a TS here.
I would agree, if the price is the same I want my name on the warranty card. However if I was looking at a RG DD / RG Daytona I would buy on here. Save a bunch of money through a TS on here vs AD
Old 16 January 2018, 07:49 AM   #60
Jimbogigolo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona W&B
ouch. I just learned my lesson at your expense. Anyhow, theres a few of BLNR for sale here on the forum...
Jimbogigolo is offline   Reply With Quote