The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 April 2020, 12:36 AM   #61
Explorer2polar
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR , Sub C, Exp
I sort of guessed from the initial posting of this thread it would be a complete fraud and the story would develop into something bad.

No one sells a Hot watch like a Hulk for 9.5k Euros ...........period. Got to be a scammer at work.
Explorer2polar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 05:54 AM   #62
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Have they tippex-ed that bezel number now?
He didn't even bother, maybe ran of it.
Screenshot_20200404-215335.jpg
alphadweller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 06:14 AM   #63
gejay99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbanzo View Post
Approaching MSRP - back to normality

Hopefully soon but not likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 April 2020, 06:43 AM   #64
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

The white tag is fake. You don't even have to look at the watch.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 06:49 AM   #65
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Should sink some more too, that Kelly/pastel green is not attractive and green not the most versatile color. Should not be a premium over the traditional sub. Sub like Johnny cash comes dressed in black.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 06:52 AM   #66
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtigers View Post
I always wondered how one can bid with confidence that they are not being sold a superfake?
If you know what you're looking at you would be fine.
Xtralarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 06:53 AM   #67
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
I was watching this too.. look at the seller. There is a reason it ended where it did.
mykii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 06:54 AM   #68
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
Should sink some more too, that Kelly/pastel green is not attractive and green not the most versatile color. Should not be a premium over the traditional sub. Sub like Johnny cash comes dressed in black.
That watch is fake so ignore the price.
I love the green personally as it’s Rolex colour and just a special piece to me....it will also always command a premium over a black sub. (I’ve got black and green so both horses in the race)

Just my opinion
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 06:54 AM   #69
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Still expensive. Dropping quick but will get cheaper!

Old 5 April 2020, 06:54 AM   #70
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtralarg View Post
If you know what you're looking at you would be fine.
That isn't necessarily true, either. At least not based on the supplied pics. There is no point pretending the fakes aren't top notch these days (the good ones). Anyone saying they can pick them from half a room away is lying/delusional. The horologyhouse drama proved that enough; the recipient wasn't even sure until they had a legit black Daytona side by side with the fake, and even then macros were needed to sound-off alarm bells.
mykii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 08:40 AM   #71
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

LV in the first link is 100% fake junk. That same watch keeps popping up on eBay. It’s been posted in the watch out section.
antrolexsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 08:40 AM   #72
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
That watch is fake so ignore the price.
I love the green personally as it’s Rolex colour and just a special piece to me....it will also always command a premium over a black sub. (I’ve got black and green so both horses in the race)

Just my opinion

Sure, but why the premium? Do we know that is it’s actually produced at lower levels than the black sub? Presumably the green ceramic is harder to make?

Old 5 April 2020, 04:21 PM   #73
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sure, but why the premium? Do we know that is it’s actually produced at lower levels than the black sub? Presumably the green ceramic is harder to make?

Produced in much lower numbers
Old 5 April 2020, 05:00 PM   #74
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yes ADs get much less Hulk than black sub.
APPRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 05:07 PM   #75
Homo Sapien X
"TRF" Member

A Hulk just sold for 9,150 euros

[QUOTE=APPRF;10511712]Yes ADs get much less Hulk than black

Green hulks were popular in grey market. But it’s popularity seems to die off

Homo Sapien X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 05:15 PM   #76
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Of the million watches or so made yearly the vast majority are SS sports. Comprising of mainly Subs. Many being Hulks. Hence the saying 'everyone seems to have a Hulk.'
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 05:18 PM   #77
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
Of the million watches or so made yearly the vast majority are SS sports. Comprising of mainly Subs. Many being Hulks. Hence the saying 'everyone seems to have a Hulk.'
I’ve heard “everyone has a sub” but not a hulk. I hardly see any in the wild
Old 5 April 2020, 05:22 PM   #78
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
Not true. SS Sports Rolex is the smallest percentage of overall Rolex production. Not many Hulks produced (comparatively to black sub) is a well known fact even after a 10 years run. The Hulk was an unpopular model, and not much was produced. Popularity only picked up in the last two years. Also true I hear the saying everyone has a Sub, but not everyone has a Hulk.
Old 5 April 2020, 05:22 PM   #79
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykii View Post
That isn't necessarily true, either. At least not based on the supplied pics. There is no point pretending the fakes aren't top notch these days (the good ones). Anyone saying they can pick them from half a room away is lying/delusional. The horologyhouse drama proved that enough; the recipient wasn't even sure until they had a legit black Daytona side by side with the fake, and even then macros were needed to sound-off alarm bells.
Who mentioned pics, picking them up from half a room away or said fakes aren't top notch?

I said if you know what you are looking at you'll be fine. Read the post properly before you set off next time.
Xtralarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 06:47 PM   #80
Yess
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
I want a Hulk... I wish ADs had better stock!
Yess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 07:58 PM   #81
Hulkhunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Desperation causes people to go against their better judgement. They see the cheap price and convince themselves it’s their lucky day, ignoring the warning signs. That’s what the scammers rely on.

A Green sub is my favourite Rolex but I’d only buy from an AD so I’ll most likely not get one but I’ll bide my time. No worth risking thousands on a rash eBay purchase in my eyes.
Hulkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 09:00 PM   #82
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’ve heard “everyone has a sub” but not a hulk. I hardly see any in the wild
I've seen one black Sub Date. I guess everyone doesn't live in my town.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 10:42 PM   #83
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Produced in much lower numbers

What is the source of that information? Has Rolex said this? No, it’s AD marketing BS. Its the phony supply issue, both subs and hulks are readily available on the gray market leading me to think that neither is particularly difficult to obtain.

Old 5 April 2020, 11:35 PM   #84
Homo Sapien X
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What is the source of that information? Has Rolex said this? No, it’s AD marketing BS. Its the phony supply issue, both subs and hulks are readily available on the gray market leading me to think that neither is particularly difficult to obtain.

Agreed with you.
Homo Sapien X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2020, 12:46 AM   #85
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’m very close to plenty of ADs and know for a fact they get substantially less green subs vs black subs. I think potentially the hype means maybe more flippers have been attracted to green vs black. Hard to tell for sure
Old 6 April 2020, 02:14 AM   #86
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m very close to plenty of ADs and know for a fact they get substantially less green subs vs black subs. I think potentially the hype means maybe more flippers have been attracted to green vs black. Hard to tell for sure

I hear you, but a simple search on chrono 24 reveals about the same amount of green vs black subs, so what ever the AD’s are saying, about the same amount of green and black are making their way into the hands of the gray market. What does that tell you?

Both are easily obtained. If someone wants to pay a premium for a green version, well to each their own.

Old 6 April 2020, 02:25 AM   #87
chris242
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610lv
i don’t know the numbers but i’d say there are quite a few blue sky dwellers on c24 as well.. and we all know how hard they are to get at msrp...

chris242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2020, 03:18 AM   #88
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I hear you, but a simple search on chrono 24 reveals about the same amount of green vs black subs, so what ever the AD’s are saying, about the same amount of green and black are making their way into the hands of the gray market. What does that tell you?

Both are easily obtained. If someone wants to pay a premium for a green version, well to each their own.

It tells me that a lot of Hulks are being flipped because of high premium on them, while it’s not worth it to flip a black Sub because the premium on it is not much. Owners usually keep a black Sub. Usually a black Sub is the only watch for a lot of people, so they don’t usually flip. Go to any AD in the world, and ask. All will tell you they get multiples more of the black Sub than Hulk. It can’t be they are all lying or colluding together. Why would they do that. It’s the same thing with the blue dial Sky Dweller, they get less of them than other dial colors.
Old 6 April 2020, 04:49 AM   #89
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPRF View Post
It tells me that a lot of Hulks are being flipped because of high premium on them, while it’s not worth it to flip a black Sub because the premium on it is not much. Owners usually keep a black Sub. Usually a black Sub is the only watch for a lot of people, so they don’t usually flip. Go to any AD in the world, and ask. All will tell you they get multiples more of the black Sub than Hulk. It can’t be they are all lying or colluding together. Why would they do that. It’s the same thing with the blue dial Sky Dweller, they get less of them than other dial colors.
Agree and well put
Old 6 April 2020, 05:08 AM   #90
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPRF View Post

You don’t really believe these things are hard to get do you? You understand that this is a manufactured shortage correct? If you and I can get a hulk, sub, gmt, Daytona at our door in 3 days despite the coronavirus, that is not a shortage. There is a shortage of Picasso paintings and there is a shortage of first edition Newton’s principles of mathematics. Try to get them delivered to your door by Tuesday my friend that is a shortage. This whole bit about oh the hulks and GMT’s are rare is laughable and only a supply chain issue. You can start this with any product by the way. It’s occurring with sneakers now. People use computer algorithms to buy up supply from the stores, simply shifting hands from one to another, and than raise prices. This is slight of hand, not an appreciable difference.

The reality is both are easily had, some people want to pay a premium for green.