The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 July 2021, 05:42 AM   #121
CallumGuida
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyL147 View Post
Paragraphs are your friend. With an edit, maybe I'll read.
Why do people go to the effort of typing up such a response. It probably took you longer to be rude than it would to read the post, is your life that bad?

What is wrong with the world…is it that hard to show a little respect to a fellow member interested in watches?

Perhaps you wish the OP to hand deliver the original post on a high quality card with a thickness and font of your choosing to you on your pedestal and hand peel you grapes while you read it.
CallumGuida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 05:44 AM   #122
CallumGuida
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
I always laugh at these responses. You guys do know you can still breath while reading text right? You don't have to wait until a paragraph break. And are books just completely off limits for you?
My thoughts exactly….
Old 15 July 2021, 05:48 AM   #123
MattyL147
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallumGuida View Post
Why do people go to the effort of typing up such a response. It probably took you longer to be rude than it would to read the post, is your life that bad?

What is wrong with the world…is it that hard to show a little respect to a fellow member interested in watches?

Perhaps you wish the OP to hand deliver the original post on a high quality card with a thickness and font of your choosing to you on your pedestal and hand peel you grapes while you read it.
That would be great! I’d frame it!

Lighten up Francis.
MattyL147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 06:01 AM   #124
Mal H.
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN13 View Post
What's the Price Equilibrium for a Tag Chrono? Since $5500 is too high.
What an embarrassingly irrelevant question.
Mal H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 06:03 AM   #125
Cwillis0001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Out of all the forums I've ever frequented, this one is by far the most adversarial. Its pretty hilarious.
Cwillis0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 06:08 AM   #126
CallumGuida
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That would be great! I’d frame it!

Lighten up Francis.
Brilliant you have a good sense of humour so your not a complete social hand grenade then…

I’m happy, life’s good for me and I hope everything is going well for you too. If I’m honest it just amazes me people go out of their way to post things like this to people with the same interests when they could a) just type nothing or b) post something without being negative but if you feel you need to it’s a free world and you can post (within reason) what you like…

Take care amigo
Old 15 July 2021, 06:16 AM   #127
MattyL147
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Brilliant you have a good sense of humour so your not a complete social hand grenade then…

I’m happy, life’s good for me and I hope everything is going well for you too. If I’m honest it just amazes me people go out of their way to post things like this to people with the same interests when they could a) just type nothing or b) post something without being negative but if you feel you need to it’s a free world and you can post (within reason) what you like…

Take care amigo
You didn't like my post...lol...got it. Sorry for offending you since it clearly didn't matter to OP. We are in the age of everyone being offended by everything, so I shouldn't be too shocked. OP didn't seem the least bit bothered, but at least he has you to stick up for him. Lol.
Old 15 July 2021, 06:18 AM   #128
MattyL147
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
I always laugh at these responses. You guys do know you can still breath while reading text right? You don't have to wait until a paragraph break. And are books just completely off limits for you?
Totally off limits!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afjag256 View Post
Amen…ignore the grammar police, they have no jurisdiction here.
Old 15 July 2021, 07:30 AM   #129
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
OP, I can definitely relate. Fortunately still have the watches I acquired over the years when pricing was reasonable. Haven't bought anything new since 2018 but have added several vintage pieces at decent prices. Don't let it depress you. Maybe you can look into some neo vintage, not the same pricing as pre 2016 but certainly more acceptable than twice/three times MSRP.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 07:41 AM   #130
CallumGuida
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You didn't like my post...lol...got it. Sorry for offending you since it clearly didn't matter to OP. We are in the age of everyone being offended by everything, so I shouldn't be too shocked. OP didn't seem the least bit bothered, but at least he has you to stick up for him. Lol.
No definitely not offended I think more a feeling of sad about the way people speak to each other. .

I apologise I thought it might make people think again before writing responses like this but perhaps that’s me being naive as if you were that way inclined you wouldn’t have wrote a message.

I wish you all the best and don’t wish to spend any more time on the matter so take care friend and enjoy your day.
Old 15 July 2021, 07:47 AM   #131
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
No definitely not offended I think more a feeling of sad about the way people speak to each other.
Agree. I am not easily offended. The comment made me sad at the lack of respect some individuals display these days.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 08:26 AM   #132
SN13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal H. View Post
Because Tag’s MSRP is above market. It really isn’t that difficult.
So $5500 is too high?

Quote:
If Tag isn’t selling them all then, yes, their Carrera’s should be less than $5500.

There is no way to explain it any easier than that.
So they should lower the MSRP until the stores are empty? But wouldn't they look like Rolex ADs then? So has Rolex found the correct MSRP then?

Quote:
It actually means Rolex is setting their MSRP too low.
So they should raise and lower the msrp daily until only half the store is empty?

Quote:
Yes. It’s literally called price equilibrium. Again…basic economics. Not sure why you needed the .
So what should the MSRP be?

Quote:
What an embarrassingly irrelevant question.
This is your logic dude. You claimed to know better than Rolex or Tag, but you have no real answers based on anything but your BS.

--- 1986 DD 18038 --- 1992 YM 16628 --- 2015 116600 SD4K --- SBDX001 MM300 --- 2009 Omega Ploprof White --- 2010 Omega LE LMPO
SN13 is offline   Reply With Quote