The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 July 2021, 08:46 PM   #1
Melissaw1010
"TRF" Member

Limited production question

Have my eye on the new 36 Ice Blue chronomat with diamonds. It is a limited production item. I’m new to the watch world so with Breitling does that usually mean that for right now they aren’t making anymore or “forever”

My AD contact might not be able to get one in right now and I would hate to go somewhere else to make a purchase as I have a great relationship with her.

I’m willing to wait until she could get one (if even possible ) or wait for the option to grab a pre owned one down the road but not sure even how long that would be until someone sells one. The other colors have not sold out (mint for example ) but I’m thinking the ice blue ones are going to get whipped up quickly. Thx
Melissaw1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 09:09 PM   #2
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Limited production question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissaw1010 View Post
It is a limited production item. I’m new to the watch world so with Breitling does that usually mean that for right now they aren’t making anymore or “forever”
It means exactly what it suggests. For now they are making them and one day they will just stop. It also means they are not "one of" a particular number.

Quote:
…I’m thinking the ice blue ones are going to get whipped up quickly.
Why do you think that? It is a very expensive watch, made more so because of the gold bezel (steel on the mint green), so I think they will be available for a while. Besides, my experience is that many talk up the sales rate of new Breitling watches, when in truth there is still stock around if you are willing to look…even of so called "high-demand" limited edition watches (the original rainbow SuperOcean Heritage '57 probably being an exception, and it was an admitted gamble, so of only 250 watches).

Quote:
I’m willing to wait until she could get one (if even possible ) or wait for the option to grab a pre owned one down the road but not sure even how long that would be until someone sells one.
If you have a good relationship, I would talk to them about getting you one. With respect to picking one up secondhand, if it was a men's watch, I would say definitely as you generally will save. However, being a women's (unisex?) watch, it would be tough to even find a marketplace where they are sold. Women don’t participate in this hobby as much as men, so often times they buy a watch and then just hold it for a long time (imagine that ), so the likelihood of the exact reference you want coming up is slim.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 10:03 PM   #3
DVR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Diver watches
Limited production for this specific Breitling and the Ice Blue Chronomat 42mm means continues productions for years but deliberately kept in low volume to reach customer FOMO.
And it is already working seeing your post. :)

Beautiful watch though, I saw both and the ladies model is really a stand out piece. Good luck!!
Old 22 July 2021, 11:06 PM   #4
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I don't think you will have a problem getting this watch. Just put your name on your ADs waitlist and I am fairly certain you'll get a call within a few months. Breitlings aren't remotely in the demand that other brands are, it's a woman's watch and has a smaller potential market, you will likely still be able to negotiate a discount. These will start to trickle out and the only people who will likely be snatching them up right away are serious Breitling collectors who desire a woman's watch. The reality is that these are few and far between. I think you'll fine. You also have good taste.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote