The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 July 2021, 05:12 AM   #31
whited3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekCred View Post
They desperately need to release matching bracelets for these cool releases.
Now that would get my attention if Tudor made that to work (i.e. made the bracelet durable)
whited3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 11:09 PM   #32
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

^^^ agree a matching bracelet would be EPIC!

-----------

Ceramic_Box.jpg

So... the Bad Boy Black Bay Ceramic (BBBBC) has been here for about 20 hours. My VIP guest saw it yesterday and said THAT is the model he's been thinking of getting, and so let him wear it for an hour or two and he loves it! I'm giving him my AD hookup when he's ready.

Ceramic_Wrist.jpg

Overall the BBBBC is a stunner! Hard to really take great pics (hey, I'm not the pro-photog Jocke) as the darkness has to be seen in person to fully appreciate (OMG, we've soooo heard that statement MANY times here on TRF, yet it still holds true).

She's light enough that wrist balance is fine and she feels very, VERY comfy on the wrist. Lume is excellent! Very bright initially, and many hours later still very usable visually. Ok, yeah, sure the BBBBC's lume is not Panerai 1118 TRON brilliantly bright (nothing else is as glowey, not even the MING), yet the Tudor's BBBBC lume glow is very generous.

What I have noticed after seeing others post about this timepiece is the accuracy. Sure the accuracy of a Tudor is great, yet the added in-house METAS testing and certification means there's extra care taken not only with accuracy, yet also consistancy. Add in a very high magnetic resistance and we have a winner! Another guy says his is about perfect, and after 20 hours Tudor's BBBBC is keeping perfect time according to https://www.time.gov

i do have a BIG complaint tho.

Ceramic_Strap_Loop.jpg

My BIG complaint is exactly that, Tudor did something too big. On the rubber/leather strap the loop is too big and so the end tongue of the strap sticks out. i know that's bad news as the strap's tongue will surely catch on something, and yeah nothing good ever happens when that happens. So guess I'll take apart both loops and make them smaller to alleviate the problem. No biggie (wait, what?).

Ceramic_Movement.jpg

As for what reeeeeally matters, the watch... if you're even slightly interested in getting one go see it in person (if you can, I know demand has been high-ish). The darkness is wonderfully evil and the movement is boldly Bad Boy black. Does your collection have a ceramic case timepiece, or blackened movement? If not... you know what you must do.

Please allow me to thank great guy Nick @ Mayors in Tampa for getting her to the crazies (that's me). If you're ever in the area, stop by and hassle him for me will ya?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 10:18 AM   #33
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

UPDATE: I cut the strap loops, glued them smaller, then lightly sanded the inner to smooth out any edges. Muuuuch better.

Also, my wrist size is 'tween holes so punched it. Yeah, this will work fine now
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 31 July 2021, 11:42 PM   #34
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

UPDATE: After a week on the wrist changed bands to other 22mm types. Accuracy has been impressive @ +0.10 sec / day(!). Am truly impressed by the case, the dial, luuuume... and comfort... once you change straps.

Embrace the Bad Boy Black Bay Ceramic (BBBBC).

Here's a pic of two straps I've tried from Amazon:

Ceramic_Two_Straps.jpg

Old 1 August 2021, 12:16 AM   #35
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

I love it!! Strap looks awesome.
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2021, 02:03 AM   #36
ShougekiMaru
"TRF" Member

Congrats, great piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShougekiMaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2021, 03:41 AM   #37
Nick
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Yup, it's normal production timepiece lovers, so if you want one before the holidays I'd reserve one now from your AD.
You’d be lucky(and I hope you are) according to my AD there’s issues with machining the Ceramic, and his low allocation Three Years! wait for me..
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2021, 05:05 AM   #38
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
You’d be lucky(and I hope you are) according to my AD there’s issues with machining the Ceramic, and his low allocation Three Years! wait for me..
Yipes!!!

Well, am glad to have reserved one the day it was announced. The guys here hated it. Feels comfy on my wrist and the all-dark theme with black movement is epic!

For accuracy freaks, the METAS certification also means SUPERB accuracy, which all owners I read online are saying. Some might call it.... wait for it.... a Master Chronometer

Old 1 August 2021, 05:28 AM   #39
SWS65SM
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rainbow....CasiOak
Belated congratulations, and certainly would love to see what other straps you might be trying on!
SWS65SM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2021, 05:29 AM   #40
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
congratulations!
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2021, 05:33 AM   #41
snyde
"TRF" Member

“The darker the oyster the more the pearl shines.” I see what he did there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
snyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2021, 05:33 AM   #42
Teksurv
2024 Pledge Member

Awesome looking watch!
Teksurv is offline   Reply With Quote