The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 30 June 2021, 02:30 AM   #121
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcut1 View Post
Jesus. None of you know anything about anything...like a bunch of old women hunting and pecking in the park and gossiping about blindly...

"I bet they did this" and "I bet they did that."

Worse than my wife's women's group - and they're bad.
lol
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:37 AM   #122
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Living large on OPM. Looks like the house of cards has fallen!
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:39 AM   #123
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
I guess it's too late to find out who they are......were.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:44 AM   #124
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf, DD40, SkyD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcut1 View Post
Jesus. None of you know anything about anything...like a bunch of old women hunting and pecking in the park and gossiping about blindly...

"I bet they did this" and "I bet they did that."

Worse than my wife's women's group - and they're bad.
Yep. They've been saying for weeks they were redoing their site....
DocHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:45 AM   #125
boomtime
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710,116500, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Patron View Post
I inquired on how the process worked and sent them some pics of my collection. They said( Marco) that they don’t have the funds to purchase out right but would sell them one at a time. Or they can get a investor to purchase all or most of them at a discount. I was thinking to my self why don’t Anthony just sell his “ personal stash” if its really his, to help his business grow. Business 1st, the flex can wait once you have a good foundation. Seem to me it was backwards. I really thought one million bucks was pocket change to these guys, especially when they are wearing some supper high dollar stuff while just chilling around the city. I was very disappointed to say the least. I was hoping they would succeed since it would be another avenue to get hard to get pieces, I guess we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think in one episode Anthony said he has loans from friends at very low to no interest rates to hold his collection under pretense that profits would be split or something like that.
boomtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:45 AM   #126
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
not looking good, looks like they are shutting down.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:50 AM   #127
El Patron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtime View Post
Think in one episode Anthony said he has loans from friends at very low to no interest rates to hold his collection under pretense that profits would be split or something like that.
I need some friends like that
El Patron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:52 AM   #128
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

You think if just migrating to a new platform etc you Woukd post that on your site. Down for maintenance etc. I Would not delete on ig. Webpage etc at same time. Def odd move but they are very haphazard in that business. Would def have reservations consigning piece with them based on behaviors.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:55 AM   #129
Daveclock
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing and waiting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk416 View Post
Yes…Weird response man.

Chill it was only a joke
Daveclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:55 AM   #130
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I’ve watched their you tube channel and actually quite enjoyed it. I take it with a pinch of salt. However their tone has changed and it’s gone downhill rapidly. Firstly they bought Clovet in as pure eye candy as she knew nothing about watches. Not her fault. The reviews were so poor they seemed to get rid of her. At the same time they suddenly try and raise $2,000,000 from their viewers and customers to pay for their shop - anyone paying $2,000 for membership is mad! Now they are playing out a ‘falling out’ or business split on camera. I assume it’s all for the drama - drama or not, it’s awful for their business as people will lose trust. Shame but I don’t see this ending well now.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:57 AM   #131
ThatSubGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shkure View Post
That $2 mil raise was such a scam. I cant believe they are enough gullible people out there to just hand over 2k to these clowns. I am EU based, but id assume even in America there is some sort of regulation when it comes to fundraising of that calibre to retail clients. I assume some sort of business plan/ prospectus filing is needed. But im sure these clowns didnt even check.

I hope they will get in trouble for that somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's just sold as a membership. How they use the money they receive is really up to them, no scamming here. You buy inside access to their private facebook group. If you think that's worth 2k go ahead.
ThatSubGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:59 AM   #132
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSubGuy View Post
It's just sold as a membership. How they use the money they receive is really up to them, no scamming here. You buy inside access to their private facebook group. If you think that's worth 2k go ahead.
The problem lies in their original video of them calling it an investment and Anthony promising certain benefits in exchange. Being their new “landmark” store isn’t happening it leaves grounds for legal implications. It was such a big deal they tried to clarify what the $2k was actually for in one of their more recent videos.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:01 AM   #133
hundreds
"TRF" Member

seems like they had a falling out based on their last episode.

here's the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2dLlcrgIgU
hundreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:02 AM   #134
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

All speculation at this point. It did seem like there were some odd warning signs lately. The market itself seems to be slowing, TPG and also CRM recently seemed to allude to that. TPG's recent video where he told them to focus on selling instead of buying to unload inventory. Also in his recent video it seemed like he was passing up on buying a lot of pieces while visiting the jewelry guy in LA Chinatown that he seemed to be buying like there was no tomorrow in previous videos. And of course there was that weird blowup with Marco at the end of the last video (though probably just for show who knows).
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:03 AM   #135
ThatSubGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
The problem lies in their original video of them calling it an investment and Anthony promising certain benefits in exchange. Being their new “landmark” store isn’t happening it leaves grounds for legal implications. It was such a big deal they tried to clarify what the $2k was actually for in one of their more recent videos.
Alright I only just skimmed through one of the last videos and there it seemed like he only sold it as a facebook group access, where people could buy at wholesale + ask questions.

I don't know. Don't underestimate the value of 100k subscribers on youtube and the niche they are in. Clearly they are very inexperienced with running a business of this size, or any business with inventory even.

They would really benefit of pulling someone in that could take proper control and bring in experience.
Old 30 June 2021, 03:04 AM   #136
HMHM
"TRF" Member

i think initially they had a good plan - the show was exciting, original and never done before. But like I said previously, TPG has NO LIQUIDITY. It is very obvious that they are struggling for funds. They can sugarcoat the fund raising for all they want as 'wanting to get their supporters involved' but they are not deceiving anybody. The recent episode of Marco suggesting that they allow members in their group to trade direct from 1 member to another directly illustrates that they have NO FUNDS to buy watches for much longer and want to avoid having no watches to offer the 'membership group'.

It does not matter if this is a revamping exercise or not. Personally I would not deal with them because there's too much volatility.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:08 AM   #137
rmagoo57
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
I think they lost the spreadsheet. Major computer malfunction and no usable backup file. There goes the business! Might as well add to the irresponsible speculation.

Was watching the series lately and agree their inventory "management" system is a joke. What does the operations manager do?? Opening boxes if fun but should be handled in a controlled environment by one person. At least that is what common sense tells me. Will be following out of curiosity.
rmagoo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:14 AM   #138
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagoo57 View Post
I think they lost the spreadsheet. Major computer malfunction and no usable backup file. There goes the business! Might as well add to the irresponsible speculation.

Was watching the series lately and agree their inventory "management" system is a joke. What does the operations manager do?? Opening boxes if fun but should be handled in a controlled environment by one person. At least that is what common sense tells me. Will be following out of curiosity.
Ransomware dream!
Old 30 June 2021, 03:17 AM   #139
trout_thumper21
"TRF" Member

Number of possibilities:

1. Legal action regarding the $2,000,000 raised (or portion thereof)…it was sold as “every dollar will go toward the buildout of our retail location”…they even sent an email saying they had officially executed a lease, then did a complete 180. Should have refunded the money but perhaps it was already spent. If this was the case, makes sense a Judge would order their means of conducting business (website, IG, etc.) to be suspended

2. Cash flow issues caught up with them and the house of cards collapsed. Seems they always were in a cash crunch yet spending money like it grows on trees. The inability to secure a lease was a red flag

3. Had a falling out and Anthony bailed with a duffle bag full of cash and inventory, and is on a beach in the Bahamas
trout_thumper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:19 AM   #140
ThatSubGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout_thumper21 View Post
Number of possibilities:

1. Legal action regarding the $2,000,000 raised (or portion thereof)…it was sold as “every dollar will go toward the buildout of our retail location”…they even sent an email saying they had officially executed a lease, then did a complete 180. Should have refunded the money but perhaps it was already spent. If this was the case, makes sense a Judge would order their means of conducting business (website, IG, etc.) to be suspended

2. Cash flow issues caught up with them and the house of cards collapsed. Seems they always were in a cash crunch yet spending money like it grows on trees. The inability to secure a lease was a red flag

3. Had a falling out and Anthony bailed with a duffle bag full of cash and inventory, and is on a beach in the Bahamas
Why not all 3?
Old 30 June 2021, 03:19 AM   #141
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

To me it was all entertainment but I would not have done business with them. I feel bad for those involved with them. I would not be surprised if this is all a stunt. I don't like stunts in business.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:23 AM   #142
Shazbot302
"TRF" Member

I always thought their YouTube videos would end up as Exhibits A-Z in a lawsuit
Shazbot302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:25 AM   #143
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout_thumper21 View Post
Number of possibilities:

Jumping to conclusions is great fun.

Could be as simple as a poorly executed rebranding / replatforming.

Worse case scenario… they filed for bankruptcy protection and they will re-emerge in the future.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:30 AM   #144
Spectral_Method

They are revamping. But I would personally not do business with him, something just rubs me the wrong way.
Spectral_Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:40 AM   #145
tk416
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
If they are revamping, what a horrible way to do it. Lends zero credibility into the business where cash dominates and trust plays a large factor.

They could've easily just ported the site to explain what was going on... and even explain on social media what was about to happen. But to just pull the cord and delete everything almost everywhere, just shows that they could do it again at anytime, if they do come back.

People love the train wreck so I'll keep watching, but will never do business with them. Can't believe I even considered consigning a watch to them.
tk416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:47 AM   #146
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalster View Post
I don't care if they wear their inventory so long as it's not on consignment or sold as brand new. If I recall, they don't wear those watches which are consigned or brand new. This seems par for the course with every grey dealer if you follow the social medias.
I think people just said they wear the consigned pieces....multiple ones a day
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:53 AM   #147
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
I noticed their site and IG accounts were down this morning as well. They've had the same watches sitting for several weeks now. The market has slowed and I wanted to see if their same watches were still sitting unsold. I enjoy the videos but it all seemed like it was BS. Although they dont say it explicitly, it seemed that no commercial landlord wanted to give them a lease. Major red flag. Having watched the series since it started, I have always had the feeling that this is the kind of crap that happens right before a bubble bursts. The Johnny Come Latelys get involved, flaunting their newly found wealth, and then one day the bubble bursts and everything is gone. I don't know if we are there yet but if in a year if prices have massively fallen, people will be talking about how this show (and others like it) marked the top.
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:56 AM   #148
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k View Post
Jumping to conclusions is great fun.

Could be as simple as a poorly executed rebranding / replatforming.

Worse case scenario… they filed for bankruptcy protection and they will re-emerge in the future.
I think this is a case (and a lesson for all those Youtube stars) where the weekly videos (planned and spur-of-the-moment) can look quite foolish in hindsight. Also, they can show trends in activities, purchases, moods, etc. At the beginning it was steak dinners and Lambos for all...now it seems they can't buy much inventory with actual cash. Need to sell X right away to pay for Y and all that. Anthony and Marco are clearly grumpier (stressed?) than previous episodes.

Their lack of business acumen was highlighted in the episode where they were (foolishly) planning their new store buildout right there in the building....they were practically drooling about how it would look before the lease had even been negotiated. It was clear neither of them had much experience negotiating this kind of lease. I felt bad for their realtor at the end when they kyboshed the dream. As a building owner, I could only dream of watching prospective tenants show me their cards in such an overt (and hilarious) fashion.

Who knows, maybe this is all a poorly planned publicity stunt, but if you go back and watch the episodes from the beginning they didn't appear to take the actual business of owning a business ($17,000 steak dinner could have bought a decent sport Rolex) seriously enough and it just started piling on to what could be an unavoidable conclusion.
Old 30 June 2021, 03:57 AM   #149
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post
I noticed their site and IG accounts were down this morning as well. They've had the same watches sitting for several weeks now. The market has slowed and I wanted to see if their same watches were still sitting unsold. I enjoy the videos but it all seemed like it was BS. Although they dont say it explicitly, it seemed that no commercial landlord wanted to give them a lease. Major red flag. Having watched the series since it started, I have always had the feeling that this is the kind of crap that happens right before a bubble bursts. The Johnny Come Latelys get involved, flaunting their newly found wealth, and then one day the bubble bursts and everything is gone. I don't know if we are there yet but if in a year if prices have massively fallen, people will be talking about how this show (and others like it) marked the top.
I have learned a lot of interesting things about watches and otherwise watching their videos. One of the comments to their videos IIRC mentioned they'd have a hard time getting a commercial lease in a building with other tenants because of the crime risk that their business poses and that their best bet is a standalone building.

I had never thought of something like that being a consideration, so that was interesting.
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 03:59 AM   #150
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
If it's all over, I feel especially bad for the videographer who just quit his job to join TPG full-time.
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote