The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 July 2021, 03:46 AM   #1
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Getting a retail piece

So the in the past 1 year I have purchased 3 datejust, and a hublot classic fusion, either trying to get a 116515ln or 26315ST (AP ROC), but to no avail, there have been no call. I can't change into getting a better business with another ad, as there are none. As I asked when can I get one of those pieces, they said that they don't know, and now the policy have changed from waiting list into an "interest list" where and when the watch arrived, a random people will be chosen to be sold the piece.

Is there anything I can do to get those pieces, as I am really craving to get my first watch at retail price. And of course I am not planning to flip those pieces, as they will be my "permanent" watch collection. Any ideas to help my situation?
felfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 04:20 AM   #2
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

Not really. At this moment it seems that you bought a bunch of watches you don't at least "love". The 116515LN isn't a hype piece, so they probably should get one to you?
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 04:27 AM   #3
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyTuomas View Post
Not really. At this moment it seems that you bought a bunch of watches you don't at least "love". The 116515LN isn't a hype piece, so they probably should get one to you?
I have been waiting for a year already but still no calls/promises, those datejust I gave to my mum and gf, while the hublot, eventhough its not in my "primary collection", it wears lightly, nice green dial, can be a beater watch and vacation watch. Non of those watches that I purchased have been flipped.

Still I get the feeling of played by the ad to acquire the piece I really want.
Old 23 July 2021, 05:58 AM   #4
samuel019
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by felfyre View Post
I have been waiting for a year already but still no calls/promises, those datejust I gave to my mum and gf, while the hublot, eventhough its not in my "primary collection", it wears lightly, nice green dial, can be a beater watch and vacation watch. Non of those watches that I purchased have been flipped.

Still I get the feeling of played by the ad to acquire the piece I really want.

Yeah thats the tough part of the games sometimes played.

SA says "Hey buy these and I will get you one of these" Then you never hear a word.

You could always take that money spent on things not wanted and go buy grey as you well know but I'm sure you have thought about that already. As far as what you can do? I think you already know. Play or grey. Good luck
Old 23 July 2021, 11:18 AM   #5
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Not sure how often you visit in person but I would up my game there instead of calls or emails.. also ask them how many they get in a year. They may only get 1-3 which might explain where you stand… sounds like you have a good purchase history with 4 watches that aren’t the biggest in demand.. so hopefully it will come soon… good luck.. also not sure what kind of spend history is required in your part of the world..
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 11:30 AM   #6
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

You say you want to het your first watch at retail; does that mean you bought all the others gray?
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 01:50 PM   #7
Emery
"TRF" Member

Were your DJs steel or PM pieces? Feels like you haven't accumulated enough spend with them, especially for the steel ROC.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 02:50 PM   #8
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
You say you want to het your first watch at retail; does that mean you bought all the others gray?
Yes so far I got all the others (116613lb, 126711chnr, 116515ln, 26470st, AP GP RG and a 5726) at grey, but back then the premium wasn't as high . And I didn't buy any rolex ss models from the greys, the premium at twice the retail price just isn't worth it for me.
Old 23 July 2021, 02:54 PM   #9
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Were your DJs steel or PM pieces? Feels like you haven't accumulated enough spend with them, especially for the steel ROC.
All steel, 2 36mm, and 1 31mm. Planning to get a ladies santos quartz cartier, and a PAM 927 to up my chances (although buying hublot, panerai, breitling wont help as they are fast moving said the SA).

Funny thing is, they might do something when my gf showed an interest at a gold diamond breguet (I don't know which model it is) if I purchased that model.
Old 23 July 2021, 10:51 PM   #10
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Since you haven’t bought anything from them yet ( I assumed those pieces were bought at the AD) that would explain why you haven’t gotten any pieces. Only buy what you actually love or girlfriend loves since the extra purchases can easily cost more than what it would be if you were to go grey.
Good luck
Old 24 July 2021, 12:12 AM   #11
WatchNutcase
Banned

Watch: Sub 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdemelo@hotmail.ca View Post
Not sure how often you visit in person but I would up my game there instead of calls or emails.. also ask them how many they get in a year. They may only get 1-3 which might explain where you stand… sounds like you have a good purchase history with 4 watches that aren’t the biggest in demand.. so hopefully it will come soon… good luck.. also not sure what kind of spend history is required in your part of the world..
They'll never divulge an accurate "how many per year" count, they will tell you a number that makes them look good.
WatchNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 12:15 AM   #12
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Buy gray or continue to wait
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 01:23 AM   #13
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
I would have gone grey from the outset.

The Rolex you want seems to trade around 20% above retail (in the UK anyway). You've already almost spent the retail price of the rose gold daytona buying a load of cr@p and you are still without the one you want, with no end in sight and more possible purchases to get a watch you may never get a call on...
Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 02:44 AM   #14
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdemelo@hotmail.ca View Post
Since you haven’t bought anything from them yet ( I assumed those pieces were bought at the AD) that would explain why you haven’t gotten any pieces. Only buy what you actually love or girlfriend loves since the extra purchases can easily cost more than what it would be if you were to go grey.
Good luck
All the DJs and hublot I bought was from the same AD, they are under the same group time international. So I think those purchases should at least warrant me a guaranteed spot for either of my sought piece? Or just be more upfront about how much more I need to spend to get the piece.
Old 24 July 2021, 03:06 AM   #15
stewester
"TRF" Member

Just ask them straight up what it will take to get either of the watches you are after. After spending many thousands with them already, the least they can do is be honest and upfront with you.
stewester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 05:31 AM   #16
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
All the DJs and hublot I bought was from the same AD, they are under the same group time international. So I think those purchases should at least warrant me a guaranteed spot for either of my sought piece? Or just be more upfront about how much more I need to spend to get the piece.
Hopefully the AD isn't as confused as I am. First you said you wanted to get your first watch at retail price, and then also added that you bought everything through grays. Those two statements make sense together. But then you said the DJs were bought at an AD, which seems to contradict the earlier statements. So what does that mean, you bought them at AD but not at retail price? Bottom line, if you bought 3 DJs at an AD and that same AD is still telling you to go away, then you really need to move on to another brand/dealer/hobby/etc.
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 07:30 AM   #17
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
Hopefully the AD isn't as confused as I am. First you said you wanted to get your first watch at retail price, and then also added that you bought everything through grays. Those two statements make sense together. But then you said the DJs were bought at an AD, which seems to contradict the earlier statements. So what does that mean, you bought them at AD but not at retail price? Bottom line, if you bought 3 DJs at an AD and that same AD is still telling you to go away, then you really need to move on to another brand/dealer/hobby/etc.
Yes I bought the 3 DJs and a hublot at the ad at retail price, but the other more famous sports model I got them grey. What I mean is to get the my first wacth that is currently selling with lot of premium in the grey market from the AD. Sadly enough there's only 1 AD at my country.
Old 24 July 2021, 07:37 AM   #18
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewester View Post
Just ask them straight up what it will take to get either of the watches you are after. After spending many thousands with them already, the least they can do is be honest and upfront with you.
The SA said they haven't got the 26315st since he started working there. As for the 116515ln, they said they can't promise me a definite time, and puts me on the interest list, and they won't do bundles now.

The thing is when I bought the DJs for my mum and girlfriend puts me into a situation where I'm already one foot in the water, I believe I should get the piece by now or by purchasing a little more. It's "too late" to buy that piece from a grey dealer, given my purchase history from the ad should have given me the chance to have the daytona or roc.
Old 24 July 2021, 10:04 AM   #19
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
So the in the past 1 year I have purchased 3 datejust, and a hublot classic fusion, either trying to get a 116515ln or 26315ST (AP ROC), but to no avail, there have been no call. I can't change into getting a better business with another ad, as there are none. As I asked when can I get one of those pieces, they said that they don't know, and now the policy have changed from waiting list into an "interest list" where and when the watch arrived, a random people will be chosen to be sold the piece.

Is there anything I can do to get those pieces, as I am really craving to get my first watch at retail price. And of course I am not planning to flip those pieces, as they will be my "permanent" watch collection. Any ideas to help my situation?
Hey bud, you got suckered into thinking if you spend more you'd get the piece you really wanted. You should have just skipped all that bs and ordered grey. You would have saved yourself a lot of money.

Have some dignity and get the watch you want now.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
djyolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 10:18 AM   #20
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchNutcase View Post
They'll never divulge an accurate "how many per year" count, they will tell you a number that makes them look good.
Boy I sure wish they did…
Old 24 July 2021, 10:18 AM   #21
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
The SA said they haven't got the 26315st since he started working there. As for the 116515ln, they said they can't promise me a definite time, and puts me on the interest list, and they won't do bundles now.

The thing is when I bought the DJs for my mum and girlfriend puts me into a situation where I'm already one foot in the water, I believe I should get the piece by now or by purchasing a little more. It's "too late" to buy that piece from a grey dealer, given my purchase history from the ad should have given me the chance to have the daytona or roc.
I think AP 26315ST is only available at AP boutique, regular AD won't have that.

You might have a chance to get 116515LN if not too many people are ahead of you on the waitlist.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Seiko: SRPA21, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 08:58 AM   #22
bob sims
Banned

Sell the 3 DJ and that junk watch and buy the Royal Oak at Grey.
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 10:21 AM   #23
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob sims View Post
This man speaks the truth.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
djyolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 11:05 AM   #24
PepsiBezel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Neo-Vintage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Buy gray or continue to wait
This. Live by the sword, die by the sword. If you bought a bunch of watches grey at a discount from the MSRP, you can’t expect the AD to now give you a discount on the Market Price.

If you love the 116515, sell some of your less loved watches to cover the market cost. At this point I don’t think it is worth chasing at an AD when you have no pre-craziness history.
PepsiBezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 11:05 AM   #25
PepsiBezel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Neo-Vintage
Quote:
sell the 3 dj and that junk watch and buy the royal oak at grey.
+1
PepsiBezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 11:21 AM   #26
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes so far I got all the others (116613lb, 126711chnr, 116515ln, 26470st, AP GP RG and a 5726) at grey, but back then the premium wasn't as high .
I'm confused - didn't you say you want to get an 116515ln from an AD? But you already have one?

Anyways, in most places ADs are useless when it comes to obtaining desirable APs. Are you after the grey dial or panda 26315? If the latter, good luck.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 12:08 PM   #27
Bosstime
Banned

Go grey
Bosstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 08:15 PM   #28
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
I'm confused - didn't you say you want to get an 116515ln from an AD? But you already have one?

Anyways, in most places ADs are useless when it comes to obtaining desirable APs. Are you after the grey dial or panda 26315? If the latter, good luck.
I traded it up for another watch, ended up wanted it back, the 26315, white dial and blue subdial. I would have thought that AP would be more easier to obtain, unless you're asking for the 15202st.
Old 25 July 2021, 08:16 PM   #29
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Can't sell it, I bought it for my mum and girlfriend

At least i think even the DJ are increasing in price now
Old 25 July 2021, 11:17 PM   #30
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

This is such a confusing thread

Bottom line you need to spend money at your AD to get consideration for sought after watches. Doesn’t matter what they call their list whether expression of interest or list.

Any Rolex with a material premium will be hard to get. The 26315 is selling for like 60% over list it won’t be easy to come by. The AP boutiques in major cities like NY only get a few a year. Yes easier to get than 15202 or 15500 but still incredibly hard.
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote