The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 29 April 2013, 09:56 AM   #31
Jay Tee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520/PAM/PO2500
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=270929

This might be the ad.

116520 - 16570 - 16610LV - 16710pepsi - 116234
Old 29 April 2013, 09:57 AM   #32
kxux
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
What pics did you use to buy this watch? Those would be clear in any pics and a pic is worth 1000 words
I assume this is the listing. Looks to me that the photos do not show the areas being discussed here. At least not in the way to see them clearly.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=270929
Old 29 April 2013, 10:02 AM   #33
Wllnv19
"TRF" Member

This is why I like buying from a trusted seller, and prefer face to face, so you see what you are getting. But not all of us are lucky enough to have Oscar (Bodybump) only a phone call away. But there are other trusted sellers I would do buisness with. Sometimes you pay a little more but it's worth it because you are also buying the seller,
Old 29 April 2013, 10:07 AM   #34
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxux View Post
I assume this is the listing. Looks to me that the photos do not show the areas being discussed here. At least not in the way to see them clearly.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=270929
Yup, seller should have focused on those areas. Good find
Old 29 April 2013, 10:41 AM   #35
paultran
Banned

Watch: ROLEX 116610LV
IS THIS TRUE??

If you are not fully happy with the deal. Simply ask the seller for a refund. If the seller refuse a refund, then you have the right to complain. If I have asked him NUMEROUS times that I'll be more than happy for a refund + I will pay for shipping. He waited for 5 days, then posted the pictures. How do I know those scratches are not from you?
To me, I think he's doing this because he wanted me to give me $200-400 for his trouble. I had this scam happened to me before so I'm not falling for it again.
He's a bad buyer!!! You guys better be aware if you want to sell to this guy.
Old 29 April 2013, 12:31 PM   #36
drlecter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicfarmer1 View Post
I fear, and hope it's not so, that "the rest of the story" is, not bought on the basis of current photos. Buyer only mentions a verbal description. Which, if true, is completely unfathomable to me. (What buyer does that? What seller does that?)
I Will Post The Pictures He Sent, Obviously, They Didn't Show This Damage, Otherwise, I WouldOf Not Buy It.

He Is Just A Crook.
Old 29 April 2013, 12:36 PM   #37
paultran
Banned

All I can say is "drlecter" is a scam artist. Be careful selling to this guy. Trust is the most important thing. Be a man and accept it!!!

Check his references to see how many does he have.........
Old 29 April 2013, 12:37 PM   #38
drlecter
"TRF" Member

ProbeeComplete
Quote:
Originally Posted by p;4Complete
IS THIS TRUE??

If you are not fully happy with the deal. Simply ask the seller for a refund. If the seller refuse a refund, then you have the right to complain. If I have asked him NUMEROUS times that I'll be more than happy for a refund + I will pay for shipping. He waited for 5 days, then posted the pictures. How do I know those scratches are not from you?
To me, I think he's doing this because he wanted me to give me $200-400 for his trouble. I had this scam happened to me before so I'm not falling for it again.
He's a bad buyer!!! You guys better be aware if you want to sell to this guy.
This Seller Is A Crook, I can Probe, That I Told Him About All These Damages As Soon As I Received It.

I Have Emails As Proof
Old 29 April 2013, 12:47 PM   #39
drlecter
"TRF" Member

Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultran View Post
All I can say is "drlecter" is a scam artist. Be careful selling to this guy. Trust is the most important thing. Be a man and accept it!!!

Check his references to see how many does he have.........
There Is Only One Scammer Here Paul, I Did Nothing Wrong, Unfortunately, If You See The Pictures Above, You Will See Who The Scammer Is.

Can A Moderator Please Ban This Clown From The forum ?
Old 29 April 2013, 01:07 PM   #40
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlecter View Post
Forum

Can A Moderator Please Ban This Clown From The forum ?
Don't begin to request such things. It's immature. We are keeping an eye on this and will continue to do so.

As with all these things the moment your not satisfied immediately request a refund & return the watch.

We are not here to settle your disputes...

I am also not in any way convinced there is a deliberate scam in operation.

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Old 29 April 2013, 01:10 PM   #41
nch209
"TRF" Member

Drlector & paultran.....

I have no horse in this race, but wanted to put this out there. In full disclosure, I have spoken to Paul quite a bit previous to this matter, as we are local and chatted about buying and selling/trading pieces. I've never met Paul, or have seen any of his watches... and i have never spoken to drlector.

Anyway...

I hate seeing stuff like this on the forum. Bottom line, both parties are unhappy and there is a lot of tension. I don't know who is right, who is wrong, and I have never seen the lv in question. That said, I am local to Paul, have been a member on the forum for a bit, and have good feedback. MY OFFER--- I am not picking sides, but am happy to help however I can to get this deal straightened out. Either of you may feel free to pm me and I will help however I can. If I can help get everyone happy and back t good, I will do what I can. :-)

I don't want to get in the middle per say, but hate worse to see such turmoil is happening on this fantastic forum.

Regards,
-Nate
Old 29 April 2013, 02:55 PM   #42
drlecter
"TRF" Member

Icon8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nch209 View Post
Drlector & paultran.....

I have no horse in this race, but wanted to put this out there. In full disclosure, I have spoken to Paul quite a bit previous to this matter, as we are local and chatted about buying and selling/trading pieces. I've never met Paul, or have seen any of his watches... and i have never spoken to drlector.

Anyway...

I hate seeing stuff like this on the forum. Bottom line, both parties are unhappy and there is a lot of tension. I don't know who is right, who is wrong, and I have never seen the lv in question. That said, I am local to Paul, have been a member on the forum for a bit, and have good feedback. MY OFFER--- I am not picking sides, but am happy to help however I can to get this deal straightened out. Either of you may feel free to pm me and I will help however I can. If I can help get everyone happy and back t good, I will do what I can. :-)

I don't want to get in the middle per say, but hate worse to see such turmoil is happening on this fantastic forum.

Regards,
-Nate
Nate,
Thanks for the offer. Now when you say that you don't know who is right and who is wrong, maybe you want to go to the beginning of this thread where you can see the description of the watch (from the seller's email) and the pictures of the watch that I received and I still have in my possession.

Where the seller got to keep the money and I got not what he supposed to deliver, he got the end of the bargain but I didn't, on top of that, he has the guts to call me names. Unbelievable.
Old 29 April 2013, 02:56 PM   #43
drlecter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ok guys, here you go.

This is the seller's description:

"Pablo,
Watch is in excellent excellent condition....no dings, dents or anything like that. Only a hairline cratch on a clasp. Super clean condition. Comes with everything...box, papers, 2 tags, link, and original sales receipt. Hard to let it go but I'm selling to get the 116613.
Let me know. I got a few potential buyers right now.........

Thanks,

Paul"

And this is what I received:

Now, what do you think?
Nate,
Please see above.

Thanks,
Old 29 April 2013, 03:14 PM   #44
TurboWatch
"TRF" Member

Why can't you just simply return the watch

and get your money back. If the seller has any decency, he'd get you all your money back plus the shipping.

The watch is not as advertized, and it's obvious that you're not happy and don't want to keep the watch.

What's the point of going back and forth?
Old 29 April 2013, 07:08 PM   #45
nch209
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nate,
Thanks for the offer. Now when you say that you don't know who is right and who is wrong, maybe you want to go to the beginning of this thread where you can see the description of the watch (from the seller's email) and the pictures of the watch that I received and I still have in my possession.

Where the seller got to keep the money and I got not what he supposed to deliver, he got the end of the bargain but I didn't, on top of that, he has the guts to call me names. Unbelievable.
Quote:
Nate,
Please see above.

Thanks,
I read the entire thread. What I meant by my statement was I am not trying to pick sides. Obviously the watch isn't perfect or as described, but seller appears to be willing to accept a return, so that's good. So return it.... right?..... Now the issue that appears to be happening- seller doesn't want to wire money back before he has the watch, and buyer doesn't wish to do the opposite--- both fear they could get screwed. Just my read on it...and if this is the case, I can see both sides. Who's right, who's wrong? Well, that's a big question since I have no clue what, if anything, either discussed concerning returns... Among other things.

I have zero stake in this, and am only trying to help out since I am near the location of one of the parties. So again, I am not saying who is right or wrong- but willing to help out however I can to bring peace back.

Just trying to help. Perhaps another solution is to find a (willing) member you both trust to help facilitate the safe transaction of funds/watch to both parties.

All the best,
N8
Old 29 April 2013, 08:26 PM   #46
paultran
Banned

Apparently, he wanted his money back but he doesn't want to return the watch. This is insane!!!
Please tell everyone how many times I have offer to give you a FULL REFUND + FREE SHIPPING? At least half a dozen times + spoken on the phone!!

This is what the buyer wanted:
He wanted me to bank wire his refund first, then he'll ship the back watch. Otherwise it's no deal. There's no way I will wire the refund first.
Old 29 April 2013, 09:38 PM   #47
chicfarmer1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Midsize Datejust
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalip;4119722
As with all these things the moment your not satisfied immediately request a refund & [B
return the watch. [/B]
Right. Buyer is demanding refund before returning the watch, contrary to all rules of commerce everywhere.
Old 29 April 2013, 09:39 PM   #48
Monte Cristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you...
Seems both buyer and seller are at an impasse, as trust has been lost between the two. One party wants the money first, the other the watch first.

Well as to the name calling, I'm hoping cooler heads prevail and two forum members get a satisfactory resolution.
Old 29 April 2013, 10:20 PM   #49
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: None
Quote:
Of course it is, I just copied his response from the email he sent me when I asked about the condition of the watch.

And yes, those are the real pictures of the watch I received from Paul.

Does his response and the pictures match?

On top of that the guy gets mad and wants to ship the watch to a third party person, I found this shady and I do not feel comfortable about even shipping the watch back, I am afraid to getting stiffed.

This guy is not honorable, just look at his response and see the pictures and tell me if I am wrong.
The issue that I see here is not about returning the watch but returning the watch to another person before the refund isinitiated. This is my understanding of what I quoted above.

The question is why would the seller ask the watch to be returned to another person instead directly to him and who is this other person? Clearly this is a big NO NO. The watche should be returned to the seller and then he can send it out to whomever after the refund.

Drlecter,

Are you willing to send the watch back to the seller? I understand not returning it to a third party person but are you willing to return it to the seller for a refund?

Paultran,

Since you are willing to issue a refund, why ask the buyer to ship the watch to another person? Are you willing to receive the watch yourself and issue the refund?

I am located in Los Angeles, I'll have the watch polished for free if this don't work out.

Watches:
Patek 5205G | Patek 5167A | 16613 Serti | 116718 Green | 216570 Black | 16700 Pepsi

Wish list:
Patek 5726/1 | AP RG Ceramic | Patek 5712 | Patek 5130
Old 29 April 2013, 10:23 PM   #50
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Over it. Work it out outside of our bandwidth.

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Closed Thread