The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 September 2017, 02:25 AM   #11
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
"A little background. I have owned a few Rolex, Omega, Breitling and other watches over the years. I am familiar with the new and second hand markets."..

Then you should have known better than to browse the ads on Craigslist?
CL is a marketplace, yes there is junk but I also sold watches and other items on there legitimately and without incident in the past.

"In January of this year, I saw an ad on Craigslist for a Rolex Submariner 116610LN. The ad stated that it was a 2015 watch with no box & papers."

...Then why did you buy it? A newer watch should have everything with it. Including box, papers and an original receipt. Not everyone keeps these items, I did when I bought mine new.

"After making contact with the seller I agreed on a price of $5,000..." It its too good to be true....[COLOR="red"There is truth in this. The asking price was higher, but since the box and papers were missing I adjusted the offer price to offset the missing items. Still, it was a flag nonetheless [/COLOR]

"The kid showed up with the watch "on belay of his dad". ...and you gave a kid your money? Seriously? The recipient of the funds is not the issue, it could have been a dog in a clown suit, why would that matter? I only cared about the watch, if it was a 50 year old in a suit would that have made a difference? I don't think so

The whole transaction from beginning to end was a recipe for disaster. Buy new from an AD is my advice.
hindsight is 20/20 I did take every precaution buying a second hand watch and got screwed in the process.

I can appreciate the points being made here, unfortunately I can't go back in time to punch the kid (mid 20's) in the face and get my money back. All I can do is hope for my day in court to watch them go to jail for screwing people over.

Last edited by 007timer; 13 September 2017 at 03:46 AM.. Reason: spelling error
007timer is offline   Reply With Quote