The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 1 December 2017, 08:23 AM   #1
bradleyt09
"TRF" Member

Great service by Phillip Ridley/Watchmakers International

I don't typically write reviews, but I feel compelled to share my experience with Phillip Ridley of Watchmakers International. I sent him my 16750 for service and the experience was exceptional right from the start. Jana, who runs the front office was always extremely friendly and professional. I am new to the vintage market and had LOTS of questions, which Phillip always took the time to address. I spoke with Phillip on multiple occasions and always found him extremely knowledgeable, honest and patient with my questions. He never rushed me off the phone, always took my calls and was quick to respond to emails. The turnaround was also very fast. Impeccable service is becoming very rare so I wanted to share my experience. I would highly recommend Phillip.
bradleyt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2017, 09:18 AM   #2
Franks07
2024 Pledge Member

Good to hear. Sounds like Phillip is just like his recently retired dad Bob Ridley who is infamous around here for all the things articulated in your review. How about a picture or two?
Wear in good health...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyt09 View Post
I don't typically write reviews, but I feel xxxxxxcompelled to share my experience with Phillip Ridley of Watchmakers International. I sent him my 16750 for service and the experience was exceptional right from the start. Jana, who runs the front office was always extremely friendly and professional. I am new to the vintage market and had LOTS of questions, which Phillip always took the time to address. I spoke with Phillip on multiple occasions and always found him extremely knowledgeable, honest and patient with my questions. He never rushed me off the phone, always took my calls and was quick to respond to emails. The turnaround was also very fast. Impeccable service is becoming very rare so I wanted to share my experience. I would highly recommend Phillip.
Franks07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2017, 06:22 PM   #3
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyt09 View Post
I don't typically write reviews, but I feel compelled to share my experience with Phillip Ridley of Watchmakers International. I sent him my 16750 for service and the experience was exceptional right from the start. Jana, who runs the front office was always extremely friendly and professional. I am new to the vintage market and had LOTS of questions, which Phillip always took the time to address. I spoke with Phillip on multiple occasions and always found him extremely knowledgeable, honest and patient with my questions. He never rushed me off the phone, always took my calls and was quick to respond to emails. The turnaround was also very fast. Impeccable service is becoming very rare so I wanted to share my experience. I would highly recommend Phillip.
Ain't that the truth. Even good service, with basic common courtesy and decent manners, are hard to come by - amazing, when you're paying them (you know who you are).

Glad you had a great experience and got good service.
Old 1 December 2017, 10:45 PM   #4
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
A picture of your GMT would be nice
Old 2 December 2017, 02:13 AM   #5
Glyph
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red Sub
Phillip Ridley at Watchmakers International is simply awesome. Jana and Bob are also top notch. After having around half a dozen watches to be serviced by Phillip and Bob I won’t take one of my watches anywhere else. They give sage advice, excellent service and follow up and most importantly, they take the time to care for their customers.
Glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 02:16 AM   #6
bradleyt09
"TRF" Member

Pictures of my 16750

I hope these post. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1 small.jpg (251.6 KB, 716 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2 small.jpg (217.1 KB, 709 views)
Old 2 December 2017, 03:16 AM   #7
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 gilt chapter
Phillip is as solid as they come.
Blakerhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 04:18 AM   #8
05carbondrz
Banned

You didn’t want Him to color match the Hands?
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 05:06 AM   #9
bradleyt09
"TRF" Member

Good question about color matching the hands. I actually asked him about that but he didn't recommend doing this as I believe the hands are original - I know some will disagree with the originality due to the color. Anyway, if I wanted matching hands, his suggestion was to purchase some new service hands and color match them, while storing the original hands to maintain originality. It wasn't that important to me. Also, I think the disparity in color looks more apparent in the pics than it does in person.
Old 2 December 2017, 05:27 AM   #10
05carbondrz
Banned

That will happen,My Maxi MK1 Hands look Just the opposite in pictures,Darker than they really are.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 11:40 AM   #11
lenccc
"TRF" Member

Watch: ref. 8171
Hi Bradley,
I want to chime in here regarding Bob & Phil Ridley. They serviced my ref. 8171 Padellone and my ref. 5500 air king this year and I could not have been more pleased with the service. They have another customer for life
lenccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2017, 11:53 AM   #12
Lol-x
Facilitator

Bob does great work!!!
Meticulous work with great vintage results!!!

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 06:05 AM   #13
Gecko10
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 1675
The Ridleys & Jana are truly great people, who standout both professionally and personally. Can'the say enough good things about them.
Gecko10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 06:29 AM   #14
andresrrcf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP,Rolex,AP,RM
Philipp has my 1675 for an extended service, and he has taken the time to explain and answer every question I have come up with. He replies to emails almost immediately. He is equally reachable by phone or email. Phillip is very knowledgeable, and him and Jana are incredibly nice and very polite people. They came highly recommended by a very knowledgeable forum member. Looking forward to getting my piece back in approx. 3 weeks!
andresrrcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 07:48 PM   #15
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Beautiful watch;

The hands showing a different colour is quite common. Would not bother me.
But if it does to you have a look at tswisst.de He has a huge selection of original hands for sale and is considered a trusted seller on the German forum.
Old 6 February 2018, 08:50 PM   #16
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex day date
Beautiful watch, love it. I'm in the process of sending my watch to them, great to know they're truly professionals.
newbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 08:56 PM   #17
theflywrist
"TRF" Member

Gorgeous watch! I would also have left the hands as they are. Honest and beautiful.
Congrats!
theflywrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 11:44 PM   #18
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Very nice indeed - great watch!
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 01:57 AM   #19
sweetlew
"TRF" Member

Watch: Looking at GMT II
Bob did an awesome job on my '78 Sub. Great communication. Awesome at explaining what he was going to do to the watch as well as what my options were. (original vs replacing)
sweetlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 02:01 AM   #20
David cote
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Watches etc
Bob, is an amazing watchmaker, He did my Tudor underline dial Advisor, I am sure his son does just as good of work.
David cote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 12:24 PM   #21
mkautrey
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 2 Pepsi
Icon20 Watchmakers International

I had the pleasure of meeting with Phillip Ridley at Watchmakers International this week. He helped me with a minor technical issue, yet treated me like a valued customer. This is a generational family business passed from father to son. Phillip is technical, yet personable and friendly. I feel confident that I can trust him with any future service needs.
mkautrey
16710 GMT Master 2 “Pepsi”
16753 GMT Master “Root Beer”
mkautrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 12:36 PM   #22
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Great watch.