The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 28 October 2010, 03:41 PM   #61
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Well John,

You are the one who stated that this 'rotten apple has destroyed our TRF community in a way that now trust doesnt exist and professionalism is always questioned'.

A sweeping statement for someone who has stated they have only been here for a few months.

Why is it some seem to focus on the bad things but forget the good things that members have done for each other.

IMO most of the time it is not difficult to establish credibility on this Forum and easy to assess whether someone is genuine or not. Just ask the question on the Forum and you will have a good chance of finding the correct answer. This unfortunately does not work when someone plans a set up. Under these circumstances the Forum should be forming a tighter group and not look at being destroyed as a community as you posted.

My point was that I can speak for myself and can disagree with your negative position if I choose.

I disagree with you except for the 'you are a better person then I am'! part.

Eddie. - real name.
Eddie, we all are humans and do have our opinions and all ok with me.

This whole Tristan sarga does confirm that you can not trust everyone even if you know them a while. A lot of people trusted him and he did what he did. So to cut a long story short, even if you think you know someone, you might not really know them at all!

John (and thats my real name)
johnbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2010, 03:44 PM   #62
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalip View Post
JJ please be careful with your information. We did not spend 10 days with him or his family!!! Where did you get this from??

We were not even in Barcelona for 10 days.

We met them 3 times over a week.

Please make sure you post correct information when I have taken so long to think about posting in the 1st place.

Also, bear in mind that my family and I were probably very lucky not to be taken for much more than we actually were.

This whole continuing saga makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Anastasios- you have been kind enough to keep me in the loop already my friend.

I am glad to see you have been putting considerable resources into making sure this man and his wife pay dearly for what they have done. He really did scrap with the wrong people in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just trying to sympathise with you and your family, Dalip. Does it really matter if I got the number of days wrong? Isn't it obvious that I was just trying to be on your side? Wish you had sent me a PM instead!!

Sheesh!! I was given 6 infraction points just for trying to be sympathetic to a fellow TRFite? Absolutely ridiculous and unfair!!

I sent you a PM too in this regard, but you still haven't bothered to reply!!

JJ
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2010, 03:53 PM   #63
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Anyone want to give me the Cliff Notes? And this is why I only buy from WELL referenced sellers!
Zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2010, 04:09 PM   #64
EE33
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 16710 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Not much of an explanation Desmond.

Yes I followed all his threads and also know that I had more information than most but one man will not 'Absolutely wreck it for everyone here at TRF'.

IMO life on the Forum will go on. We will learn from this and we will be better for it in the long term but I for one will move forward positively rather than spend the rest of my time on the Forum distrusting members.

To my knowledge, my beheavior (sic) is not in question on this Forum. (a cheap shot Desmond).
Do I have to state the facts to you again what happened to Dalip, Stevo, Anastasios & others? You seem to be well informed.
Of course life on the forum will go on, isn't that stating the obvious?
It has been a learning curve for me and I'm sure it has to for those involved, it's taught me to be more careful.
BTW, I wasn't referring to your beheavior, I was suggesting you might be accustomed to such beheavior, there is a difference between the 2. Understand?

Punctuality is the courtesy shown only by Kings

Dalip: "GTG posts are worthless without pics, absolutely worthless"
EE33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2010, 07:58 PM   #65
afnios1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: IWC 371503 gst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirotti View Post
Anyone want to give me the Cliff Notes? And this is why I only buy from WELL referenced sellers!
Hmmm, wasn't Tristan a well referenced seller?Just asking.......
afnios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2010, 10:02 PM   #66
TimeToGo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnios1 View Post
According to referenced sales on TRF, he bought two watches and sold one bracelet.
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2010, 10:39 PM   #67
Engi
"TRF" Member

Luckly I turned down his offer to sell me, this summer, a Tudor Heritage chrono.

Tristan and his wife have to be brought to justice soon.

Engi
Engi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2010, 09:22 AM   #68
Rotorhead
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Funny, When i suggested that something like this could happen, I was told that it was pure rubbish!
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2010, 10:19 AM   #69
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by afnios1 View Post
No.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2010, 10:21 AM   #70
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Really. Who misinformed you of that rubbish? Sometimes you need to consider the source.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2010, 10:41 AM   #71
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
He was posting in the watchout section, but not a well trusted seller.
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2010, 10:47 AM   #72
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
It's abit like - "it takes one to know one" type of thing wasn't........?
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2010, 10:51 PM   #73
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Can't imagine how on earth our Dalip and his family actually spent around 10 days with this guy and his family.
JJ claims this is a statement of his expression of sympathy towards Dalip, relating to his experience with Tristan (Bassethouds).

However, when you look at these words carefully can it in any way be construed as a sympathetic statement, rather than a questionable reference as to how Dalip could have spent such a long period living with this undesirable.

The words used are interesting and are akin to someone expressing surprise at the lack of thinking or exercise of common sense by someone of lower worldly experience or maturity.

For instance, say your son or daughter went out with a known undesirable and was out to all hours of the night/morning and got involved in some problem influenced by that undesirable you might say to your wife:

"Can't imagine how on earth our Johnny/Joanne actually spent all hours of the night drinking and roaming the streets with this guy. "

That is the context in which that statement is ordinarily made, and if a genuine statement of sympathy was intended it would have been worded quite differently without the questionable

And then JJ posts:

Quote:
Sheesh!! I was given 6 infraction points just for trying to be sympathetic to a fellow TRFite? Absolutely ridiculous and unfair!!
This is like saying he is above what anyone thinks and can just say and do as he pleases. Well that is not the case.

This is no some vendetta and JJ is not the 'victim'. JJ in fact started all this when Dalip first disclosed his unfortunate experience with Tristan. On that occasion JJ treated it as being untrue and stated "the plot thickens "

The fact is if JJ is going to be treated like anyone else who engages in antagonistic behavior towards another member.

Passive aggressive behavior will not be permitted.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2010, 02:21 AM   #74
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Funny, When i suggested that something like this could happen, I was told that it was pure rubbish!
It wasn't quite like that Paul.

Padi's comments were meant to quell the speculation happening at the time.

Such things are ALWAYS possible and there was one instance elsewhere whereby a long standing member performed a HUGE con "selling" his vintage collection.

There's a fine line to be drawn between diligent scepticism and unhelpful cynicism and there is no easy answer.

Sales/Trades will still be allowed and Trusted Sellers will build their reputation by the sheer heft of their happy customers/fellow members ..... but there is always a risk that needs to be taken into consideration.

If in doubt - do nowt.

I never trusted Tristran but I do trust Tempo. If a "fighting fund" is to be drawn up, someone let me know.

I'm ready to chip in.
Old 31 October 2010, 03:21 AM   #75
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: zenith
Agreed. Anastasios' word is good as gold. There are several others here on the forum that fit that description as well, and they are all well-known. There is no need to be hesitant about dealing with those individuals.

# 26371
NAWCC Member
ducatidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2010, 08:46 AM   #76
kcmo
"TRF" Member

I haven't had much time for TRF lately and am now just catching up on these threads relating to Tristan.

It's all just sickening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pray this BASTARD GETS WHAT HE DESERVES!!!!!!!!

I've been scammed before by someone across the border and it was a complete nightmare.

I applaud you, Anastasios.....GO GET HIM!!!!!!!!!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2010, 12:51 PM   #77
paultran37
Banned

Watch: PRESIDENT 118238 Z
Go get him Anastasios. Make his life miserable. Scammers are scumbags. I hate them. Get him for us.
paultran37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2010, 01:16 PM   #78
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
I never trusted Tristran but I do trust Tempo. If a "fighting fund" is to be drawn up, someone let me know.
I'm ready to chip in.

Many many thanks for the"fighting fund" suggestion Paul..
but the budget (so I can bring Tristan back to order) is in place already.

Plus... if need be...I can always charge a little extra on my future sales...
TempoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2010, 01:33 PM   #79
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: zenith
Ah Yass ! ....the classic "pass the cost on to the consumer " Are you sure you're not an American businessman ?

Oh wait....never mind !

# 26371
NAWCC Member
ducatidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2010, 02:49 PM   #80
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidoc View Post
Ah Yass ! ....the classic "pass the cost on to the consumer " Are you sure you're not an American businessman ?

Oh wait....never mind !
That's wronger than two boys sharing a candy apple!
Old 31 October 2010, 09:38 PM   #81
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidoc View Post

Oh wait....never mind !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDakarBmw View Post
That's wronger than two boys sharing a candy apple!
No it's not, Paul. There ain't much wronger than that!
Old 31 October 2010, 09:53 PM   #82
Desperado
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
I have only been on this site for a few months, it seems that you have made friendships that span a lot longer then mine, and I am happy that you trust people. However, until we all log on on this forum with our real names, and the fact that we log on using usernames, means that neither of us trust everyone because anyone can be anyone on the internet. Unless you meet people as I had the pleasure to have met the Perth members, trust then can be earned and applied between all Perth members.

I am still puzzled, how can I trust someone who I never met and the only thing I know about them is just a username on a site. You can not tell me that you can place trust in people based on that? If you can, then you are a better person then I am!

John

John,

you are right to certain extent (although we can not generalise a genuine case to the whole TRF)... However, trust can be obtained through the reputation in the forum! for example there are several "Usernames" in this forum that i can blindely buy watches from without even thinking that they will scam me although i didnt meet them or even know their names
Desperado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2010, 10:21 PM   #83
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
John,

you are right to certain extent (although we can not generalise a genuine case to the whole TRF)... However, trust can be obtained through the reputation in the forum! for example there are several "Usernames" in this forum that i can blindely buy watches from without even thinking that they will scam me although i didnt meet them or even know their names
Karim, U are right and your comments are spot on!

Reputation in the forum can be trusted for some sellers as they are 10000% gentleman.

This forum is so big that all of us have learned something from this and move forward to a better TRF!

John
johnbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2010, 03:27 AM   #84
PeteNYC13
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I just read this and the other thread in their entirety...
While you never know about the person on the other end of the internet, or in a brick and mortar store for that matter, you have to weigh the risk and reward of the transaction.

I guess I can take some comfort in knowing that I pegged Tristan as "no good" they day he made light of drinking and driving. Despite the people that stuck up for him, this is the sign of a bad person that goes way above and beyond watches!

I am sorry that Steve and Dalip (and others) have been involved in this but I guess it worked to expose what is at the core of someone - that usually can't stay hidden for too long.

Sorry that people got burned by this clown - The friendships that are made here on TRF are impressive and I am sure one stinkin' idiot won't ruin it for the rest of us.

Good luck to those that are out money to this guy.

-Pete
SS Black Dial Daytona M116520
SS Explorer II D16570
PeteNYC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2010, 07:41 AM   #85
jcherskine
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJII 116300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteNYC13 View Post
I just read this and the other thread in their entirety...
While you never know about the person on the other end of the internet, or in a brick and mortar store for that matter, you have to weigh the risk and reward of the transaction.

I guess I can take some comfort in knowing that I pegged Tristan as "no good" they day he made light of drinking and driving. Despite the people that stuck up for him, this is the sign of a bad person that goes way above and beyond watches!

I am sorry that Steve and Dalip (and others) have been involved in this but I guess it worked to expose what is at the core of someone - that usually can't stay hidden for too long.

Sorry that people got burned by this clown - The friendships that are made here on TRF are impressive and I am sure one stinkin' idiot won't ruin it for the rest of us.

Good luck to those that are out money to this guy.

-Pete
I do sincerely hope all TRF members who are out of pocket do recoup their losses.
One phrase that sticks in my mind is " I had to drive as I was too drunk to walk"
Maybe that was, as Pete had flagged up, not the response we would expect to receive from a reputable TRF member.
I believe hard times can visit anyone.
People will deal with this, usually in a legitimate manner, but in this case a good reputation has been used as a catalyst to extort funds from upstanding members of the TRF community.
The signs may have been there, did we all just choose to ignore them?
jcherskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2010, 01:05 PM   #86
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
'Can't imagine how on earth our Dalip and his family actually spent around 10 days with this guy and his family'

I actaully can see how this is meant in a sympathetic manner and not accusingly at all. firstly the word 'our' asserting the fact that Dalip belongs to TRF.
And I took the next part to mean that Tristan is such a - insert expletive- That it is an embarrasment that Dalip was befriended and coaxed in spending more $$ by this guy and to have his good name associated with a fraudster in anyway.
Anyway Tristan is a conman and obviously is a bit of a charmer in real life, aren't they all. JJ might have got the facts wrong but i did take this to be a supportive, if slightly misworded statement.

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2010, 02:05 PM   #87
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
No it's not, Paul. There ain't much wronger than that!
I guess your right....now that I thnink about it!
Old 1 November 2010, 02:57 PM   #88
ohmsworld
"TRF" Member

Dude is a real piece of work. Funny thing is he keeps messing with the wrong people! Like he wants to get caught.
Seems like his wish is about to come true.
ohmsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2010, 06:57 PM   #89
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempoKing View Post
Many many thanks for the"fighting fund" suggestion Paul..
but the budget (so I can bring Tristan back to order) is in place already.

Plus... if need be...I can always charge a little extra on my future sales...
Well, Anastasios: for a guy who is 1000% stand up, I'm sorry this has happened to you my friend. Many of us appreciate your honesty, integrity, openness, friendliness...don't let this experience sour you...but revenge(as Spock said) is a dish best tasted cold! And thank you, btw, for the great references on Ft. Lauderdale rentals!
Very Best,
Dan
unclesallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2010, 06:58 PM   #90
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph View Post
'Can't imagine how on earth our Dalip and his family actually spent around 10 days with this guy and his family'

I actaully can see how this is meant in a sympathetic manner and not accusingly at all. firstly the word 'our' asserting the fact that Dalip belongs to TRF.
And I took the next part to mean that Tristan is such a - insert expletive- That it is an embarrasment that Dalip was befriended and coaxed in spending more $$ by this guy and to have his good name associated with a fraudster in anyway.
Anyway Tristan is a conman and obviously is a bit of a charmer in real life, aren't they all. JJ might have got the facts wrong but i did take this to be a supportive, if slightly misworded statement.
I would agree too
The GMT Master is offline   Reply With Quote