The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 16 December 2010, 12:53 PM   #61
TRW
Banned

Watch: 16623 YM
I Don't have a problem with any of what Robyn has said or her intentions.I wish Her the Best.
TRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 01:03 PM   #62
lowendbassshop

Thanks for the heads up, I think its odd that there is no response as well from Rolex1, thats fishy....
lowendbassshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 03:47 PM   #63
Ed Rooney
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 16600
I'm not ready to convict anyone yet, but David, in the time that this thread has been going, has not responded, yet has just registered on Timezone and is attempting to sell there. He has listings as recent as yesterday. Who knows if it's really him?

This seems fishy, because it seems like a suicidal move. You never know if the buyer was actually a former employee or some other disgruntled person. Ditto for the OP.

This smells more like a smear campaign.
Ed Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 05:27 PM   #64
Sose
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc
Following this one closely.
Rolex GMT Master IIc, Explorer II
Sose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 03:20 AM   #65
Nicko
Banned

Any update?
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 04:27 AM   #66
robyn1870

Here is the listing of the watched purchased on October 3rd. All items are not watches, but I just copied the entire invoice. An invoice, which in fact was signed (illegibly) by the person that was here, acknowledging reciept of the items.
Name on invoice, license, and resale form all match. The image on the driver's license matched the person who was here.
Lot #84 - lot (3) including vintage Patek Philippe 39-43mm pocket watches with (2) movements. $1100
Lot #104 - lot (7) assorted pocket watch movements including Dent, London (watch maker to the Queen); Thomas Yates, Liverpool; Ja. Mccabe, London; L. & MT Levitt, London; JR Arnold, London; Thomas Blundell, Liverpool; Robert Roskell, Liverpool - $300
Lot #116 - Waltham Coin Silver "Wm Ellery" key wind open face pocket watch (18s) #2140518 (4oz) - $100
Lot #120 - Lecoultre 18K ladies mechanical wristwatch with bracelet. length 6 1/2" gross weight 52.21 grams - $1300
Lot #128 - lot (3) Swiss 14K/Silver open face key wind pocket watches with keys including Patry & Droite, 19th Century - $650
Lot #130 - Lot (3) vintage Doxa paperwieght desk clocks. diameter 2 & 3" - $450
Lot #36 - Sieur Romilly, Geneva (1750-1775) silver verge-fuzee key wind open face pocket watch. diameter 1 3/4" - $200
Lot #38 - Tiffany & Co. movado retro 14k 17-jewel mechanical lady's wristwatch with brick-work bracelet with safety chain - $325
Lot #41 - lot (3) vintage .935/.900 silver and enamel wrist/pendant watches. diameter 1" - $150
Lot #64 - Waltham Home Watch Co. coin silver (18s)key wind open face opcket watch #561895 (503). diamter 2 1/4"
lot #74 - Lauray's 14k yellow gold 7-jewel lady's wristwatch with safety chain. length 7" - $325
Lot #81 - vintage french brass carriage clock with alarm. height 6" - $70
Lot #156 - lot (6) assored vintage pocket watch movements including e. howard; Redford AH: Center Seconds chronograph; (2) early repeaters - $350
Lot #161- vintage elgin gold filled "GM Wheeler" open face key wind pocket watch with key. diameter 2" - $100
Lot #200 - Lecoultre/hermes paris steel 17-jewel diver's style lady's wristwatch (crown at 6) - $325
Lot #236 - Waltham coin silver "PS Bartlett" (18s) key wind hunter case pocket watch #536286 (503). diameter 1/4" - $100
Lot #238 - Lecoultre 18k 17-jewel "futurmatic" automatic wristwatch; Sotheby's NY Lot #223 - $1200
Lot #249 - Art Deco 14K white gold filigree diamond and synthetic sapphire bracelet with safety chain. length 7"l gross weight 9.78 grams - $300
Lot #277 - Vintage Waltham 14K white gold 17jewel presentation open face "colonial" pocket watch, 1924. diameter 1 5/8" - $300
Lot #281 - Vintage Watch Maker's Lathe mounted with motor. Length 11 1/2" - $175
Lot #297 - Cartier 14K yellow gold golf bag charm with seed pearl, signed. Height 3/4" - $90
Lot #308 - Platinum and diamond single cut anniversary band, ring size 6 (eye clean; faces up white) - #275
Lot #316 - Vintage oversize swiss 15jewel moon phase chronograph. diameter 2 1/2" - $250
Lot #333 - lot (10) assorted vintage watch makers tools including waltham watch maker gauge in box (2) jewelers watch winders - $125
Lot #349 - 18K and enamel pin, signed Tiffany/Italy. Length 2 1/4" - $800
robyn1870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 04:32 AM   #67
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by toph View Post
Robyn joins here with one post to warn us of the actions of a member and to get money back. NO B/S etc and you all want more upon more upon more information. Why on earth would Robyn join her just to smear someones name for no reason when in fact it is with the DA and they recieved a Dud cheque? Who would make that up upon just joining a site? There was a specific reason the OP joined this site and the post was it.
A lot of you either have trust issues or wild imaginations.

edit. innocent until proven guilty blah blah blah, i can assure you whatever you all say, you ( personally) would not be dealing with this rolex1 right now. AND that is what matters

I for one thank the OP for the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Rooney View Post
I'm not ready to convict anyone yet, but David, in the time that this thread has been going, has not responded, yet has just registered on Timezone and is attempting to sell there. He has listings as recent as yesterday. Who knows if it's really him?

This seems fishy, because it seems like a suicidal move. You never know if the buyer was actually a former employee or some other disgruntled person. Ditto for the OP.

This smells more like a smear campaign.
The accused needs to at (the very) least respond to TRF Moderator staff...

To Robyn,
Thanks for your dilligence in alerting us to this situation you have

Randy

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
STEELINOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 04:34 AM   #68
Route 66
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 Mark II
Hello Robyn.

I don't know if you've done an advanced search for Rolex1 but if you do, you will see many, many watches that he has listed for sale. Although his selling privileges have been suspended, the watches still appear there.

Just click on the Search link above and then on Advanced Search.

Better yet, here's a link: http://www.rolexforums.com/search.php?searchid=3194699

You may find some of your watches here.
Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 05:17 AM   #69
Ed Rooney
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELINOX View Post

The accused needs to at (the very) least respond to TRF Moderator staff...

To Robyn,
Thanks for your dilligence in alerting us to this situation you have

Randy
Agree. Silence is darning.
Ed Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 05:25 AM   #70
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
We'll keep our eye out, but please keep us updated.

Let us know what the DA says!
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 05:25 AM   #71
globalmedia33
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Maybe Rolex1’s attorney advice him to remain silence at this time.
“I THINK PERFECTION IS UGLY. SOMEWHERE IN THE THINGS HUMANS MAKE, I WANT TO SEE SCARS, FAILURE, DISORDER AND DISTORTION" - YOHJI YAMAMOTO
globalmedia33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 06:06 AM   #72
InVision
Banned

Watch: Outerspace DayDate
Thanks Robyn. The watches here on TRF he had for sale does not match anything on your list at first glance. Please let us know if it gets resolved on your end.

Mike
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 06:54 AM   #73
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Yet more detailed information from Robyn to go along with absolute silence from Rolex1.
kareemthedream33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 11:24 AM   #74
tcreyn

Watch: Rolex & Breitling
Anyone attempt to PM Rolex1? One would think he would visit TRF after he listed four watches. HMMMMM... I hope it's not true... If it is, we need to
tcreyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 10:36 PM   #75
robyn1870

At this point, I have presented all the information I have, until the warrant is served. All memebers of this forum should take it as they will, and form their own opinions. I will post whenever I recieve any updates - good or bad. We have a great sale coming up in January with some nice watches, so maybe he will make good on his returned check and come back with cash for our next sale!! might be wishful thinking - but I'm hoping for a positive outcome - one in which my bosses get their $10k back! Happy Holidays to you all!
Old 17 December 2010, 10:40 PM   #76
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn1870 View Post
At this point, I have presented all the information I have, until the warrant is served. All memebers of this forum should take it as they will, and form their own opinions. I will post whenever I recieve any updates - good or bad. We have a great sale coming up in January with some nice watches, so maybe he will make good on his returned check and come back with cash for our next sale!! might be wishful thinking - but I'm hoping for a positive outcome - one in which my bosses get their $10k back! Happy Holidays to you all!
Sorry but am I the only one who finds this thread surreal? I mean, gee, i before e except after c for Gods sake. Listen I may be off the mark here but this is as strange as it gets. Don't count me in on the lynching gents, sorry.
Old 17 December 2010, 10:54 PM   #77
robyn1870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Sorry but am I the only one who finds this thread surreal? I mean, gee, i before e except after c for Gods sake. Listen I may be off the mark here but this is as strange as it gets. Don't count me in on the lynching gents, sorry.

I thought I was done here for a while, until i had an update... but I just HAD to respond to this remark. It is 7:52am in New York, I am trying to get my two girls up for school and then get to work by 9am... running late and trying to update this thread so people aren't leaving rude remarks... and you feel the need to pick on my spelling. If you don't want to listen to my warning because I failed to spell RECEIVE correctly - than so be it! I never asked for a lynching - a little simple respect shouldn't be out of the question though.
Old 17 December 2010, 11:01 PM   #78
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
I thought I was done here for a while, until i had an update... but I just HAD to respond to this remark. It is 7:52am in New York, I am trying to get my two girls up for school and then get to work by 9am... running late and trying to update this thread so people aren't leaving rude remarks... and you feel the need to pick on my spelling. If you don't want to listen to my warning because I failed to spell RECEIVE correctly - than so be it! I never asked for a lynching - a little simple respect shouldn't be out of the question though.

Deer Robbyn,

I feell the nead to jummp in here ass wel. How kan you exxpekt us to take you seroisly wen you cannt spel corektly?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 11:02 PM   #79
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

As it stands it seems quite clear that Robyn's organisation has been duped by this member.

He has been banned from this place and hopefully you will keep us informed as to any success in bringing him to account.
Old 17 December 2010, 11:32 PM   #80
globalmedia33
"TRF" Member

Is this a spelling class?
“I THINK PERFECTION IS UGLY. SOMEWHERE IN THE THINGS HUMANS MAKE, I WANT TO SEE SCARS, FAILURE, DISORDER AND DISTORTION" - YOHJI YAMAMOTO
Old 17 December 2010, 11:47 PM   #81
robertneville
"TRF" Member

Watch: me burn
Grammar and spelling police are all over the internet.

Motocross is life!
robertneville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2010, 11:51 PM   #82
Nicko
Banned

Listen, I don't care about spelling, (I'm the first to misspell something) I was only making light so forgive me. I do care about continued remarks by someone who has not been vetted (sp) and everyone jumping on the bandwagon. Hang em, ban him etc. Maybe I'm naive but this is a bit strange.
Old 18 December 2010, 12:04 AM   #83
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Listen, I don't care about spelling, (I'm the first to misspell something) I was only making light so forgive me. I do care about continued remarks by someone who has not been vetted (sp) and everyone jumping on the bandwagon. Hang em, ban him etc. Maybe I'm naive but this is a bit strange.

The light at the end of the tunnel you posted sure looked like an oncoming train.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2010, 12:23 AM   #84
rsg
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the heads up Robyn.
rsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2010, 12:31 AM   #85
InVision
Banned

Watch: Outerspace DayDate
Again Thanks Robyn!! I am sure you might have saved some folks here pain and agony.

I'm sure Steve just forgot to put the smiley face after his attempt at some humor, also.

Paul has banned him to save other parties from suffering. Look forward to any other updates.

Happy Holidays!!

Mike
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2010, 12:38 AM   #86
Blue Lantern
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor 79190
Quote:
Originally Posted by toph View Post
Robyn joins here with one post to warn us of the actions of a member and to get money back. NO B/S etc and you all want more upon more upon more information. Why on earth would Robyn join her just to smear someones name for no reason when in fact it is with the DA and they recieved a Dud cheque? Who would make that up upon just joining a site? There was a specific reason the OP joined this site and the post was it.
A lot of you either have trust issues or wild imaginations.

edit. innocent until proven guilty blah blah blah, i can assure you whatever you all say, you ( personally) would not be dealing with this rolex1 right now. AND that is what matters

I for one thank the OP for the post.
I'm glad you posted this. Robyn did a really great thing here, much appreciated.
Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2010, 01:47 AM   #87
robyn1870

UPDATE: David Shulman has made contact with me via my work phone number. Payment has not been made yet.. BUT at least contact has been made. It's a step. I told him we would contact the investigator, District Attorney and this forum as soon as payment was received. At this point, we are still going forward with the Warrant, until we have certified funds in hand.
Old 18 December 2010, 02:11 AM   #88
Route 66
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 Mark II
Quote:
UPDATE: David Shulman has made contact with me via my work phone number. Payment has not been made yet.. BUT at least contact has been made. It's a step. I told him we would contact the investigator, District Attorney and this forum as soon as payment was received. At this point, we are still going forward with the Warrant, until we have certified funds in hand.
That's great news Robyn, and I hope the first step in being compensated for your losses.
Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2010, 02:24 AM   #89
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
$10k is too much to simply forget about. I hope everything turns out well!

Thanks for the great updates, and it speaks volumes!
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2010, 02:53 AM   #90
globalmedia33
"TRF" Member

Great news. Thanks for the updates.