The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 21 July 2014, 11:29 AM   #61
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
The buyer should request a copy of the seller's receipt from the USPS. This receipt will indicate the shipment date, type of delivery service requested and the amount paid for insurance. As mentioned elsewhere, the maximum insurance for overnight is $5,000

The seller should also request a copy of the USPS claim filed by the seller.

I have not seen any of this mentioned by the buyer.

Gus, do you have copies of these documents from the seller?

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2014, 01:01 PM   #62
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

Sorry to read about the ordeal Gus...
I sure hope you are made full...
I smell fish every step...
Old 21 July 2014, 01:08 PM   #63
alubin
"TRF" Member

Watch: All please!
These threads are always upsetting to read. We all want to trust in our fellow TRFers, but I guess sometimes that isn't possible. Sorry to hear about your loss and certainly hope it gets sorted out. Hopefully seller accepts your offer and you can try to move it.
alubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2014, 01:40 PM   #64
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
The buyer should request a copy of the seller's receipt from the USPS. This receipt will indicate the shipment date, type of delivery service requested and the amount paid for insurance. As mentioned elsewhere, the maximum insurance for overnight is $5,000

The seller should also request a copy of the USPS claim filed by the seller.

I have not seen any of this mentioned by the buyer.

Gus, do you have copies of these documents from the seller?

yes i was provided with image of receipt from USPS, the receipt i was provided with shows insurance of $5000.
the seller is the one who gets paid by USPS, the buyer has no claim with USPS and as the seller is already whole, his motivation to see the claim through with USPS is not as motivated as it would be if it were his money…
since he has refused to return any funds to date, he remains whole and unmotivated in the claim.

there are many possibilities outside the box to wonder about… certainly anything is possible.

as i have told the seller since the beginning, if it were reversed, he would have been made whole immediately, it is unrealistic for the buyer to wait with nothing while the seller is not only whole but currently shows profit and has the insurance claim coming his way as well.

in addition to the time i have waited, since the beginning, i have offered to take less money in the interest of resolving this and chalking it up to a bad situation from USPS.

i have waited and i have rationalized and i have offered the seller numerous opportunities to make an attempt at resolving this, he has done nothing but throw up obstacles, challenges, and clauses to his fictional attempt at doing anything... he has even gone as far as calling me names because i requested action on his part.

i am at the end of my patience with him, i have told him that he can settle this tomorrow and i will post here the extent of his efforts immediately upon proof… we shall see tomorrow?

i have told him and i say publicly here, i have no quarrel or issue with the seller outside of being compensated, my time and peace of mind is far more valuable than the nonsense that is occurring.

we shall see in the AM.

Again, i sincerely thank you all for your constructive comments and insight.

i look forward to threads exploring the possibilities of wearing my watch in dangerous places and situations:)
Old 21 July 2014, 02:22 PM   #65
Frogdog
"TRF" Member

Watch: u talknbout Willis
Gus, I stand in complete admiration of your ability to remain calm. You my friend are a good man! Please keep us posted and let us know if there's anything we can do to help!
Frogdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2014, 04:31 PM   #66
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: None
I don't want to be the bringer of bad news but if he could not produce $100 worth of links as promised then I highly doubt he will refund $5000. Two months is such a long time to wait.
FNFZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2014, 12:47 PM   #67
WANNAMILGAUSS
Banned

Have you tried contacting the USPS to see if a claim has been filed? Your name is on the receiving end of a missing $5000 package.

Call the Police Dept in his zip code and ask for copy of police report, again your name has to be on it not just his. Their is no claim without him filing a Police report.

In part of the USPS investigation they are going to contact you to verify his claims of what is in the package.

I used to work for an insurance co for many years and they will not pay out without contacting all parties involved. Besides their tracking system USPS has to verify that it never made to you. How many times have you gotten a package and it says it is coming tomorrow?

Stop calling the seller and start calling USPS. At the least you have a mail fraud claim as this guy ripped you off $5000 using their system.

Sorry to hear about what happened.
WANNAMILGAUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2014, 10:07 AM   #68
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Clearly Robert Young aka Survivor is not going to do the right thing and has not logged in here since 7/2 so as of now he is officially banned from TRF. Guys be careful who you trust and do business with!! Enough said....Sorry Gus and hope somehow it works out in the end and he pays the price.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2014, 10:45 AM   #69
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
What an awful thing to have happen to you Gus. Very very sorry to hear this, and I hope that somehow things work out for you. I'm a firm believer that good things happen to good people. You'll be rewarded for your patience and for conducting yourself like a gentlemen.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2014, 11:24 AM   #70
goldfixer21
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I had a similar situation a month ago, only difference being I was the seller. I sent the watch USPS Express for overnight delivery. My business insurance covers up to $25,000 for anything I ship Express or registered. The watch was last tracked leaving a sorting facility in Los Angeles on the day it was to be delivered there. After 48 hours and still no idea from USPS where the package was, I refunded the entire amount of the transaction, and had a stop delivery put on it. 6 days after it disappeared, it was located , and shipped back to me the next day. I contacted the seller and he still wanted the watch, but requested I use FedEx. It cost me $70 more to ship it but I had a happy customer, and I know I did the right thing. It's not difficult to be an honest seller.....
goldfixer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2014, 11:27 AM   #71
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
For some, sadly, it is difficult to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfixer21 View Post
I had a similar situation a month ago, only difference being I was the seller. I sent the watch USPS Express for overnight delivery. My business insurance covers up to $25,000 for anything I ship Express or registered. The watch was last tracked leaving a sorting facility in Los Angeles on the day it was to be delivered there. After 48 hours and still no idea from USPS where the package was, I refunded the entire amount of the transaction, and had a stop delivery put on it. 6 days after it disappeared, it was located , and shipped back to me the next day. I contacted the seller and he still wanted the watch, but requested I use FedEx. It cost me $70 more to ship it but I had a happy customer, and I know I did the right thing. It's not difficult to be an honest seller.....
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2014, 11:38 AM   #72
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
If I am not mistaking, Robert Scott is on vacation and hence has not logged in. Maybe banning him would completely eliminate Gus' chances at a happy ending (not the asian massage parlor type, you perverted bastids). Is it possible to prevent him from posting a classified while still allowing him to post at least a rebuttal to this?

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2014, 11:50 AM   #73
Frogdog
"TRF" Member

Watch: u talknbout Willis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
If I am not mistaking, Robert Scott is on vacation and hence has not logged in. Maybe banning him would completely eliminate Gus' chances at a happy ending (not the asian massage parlor type, you perverted bastids). Is it possible to prevent him from posting a classified while still allowing him to post at least a rebuttal to this?

Not to detract from the seriousness of the issue at hand. But Greg that may be the funniest damn post I've ever read! 😆👏
Frogdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2014, 11:51 AM   #74
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
the seller has made a choice not to participate in this thread, and not to state his position here, he remains defiant and blind to the proper way to handle things.

we have emailed up until the other day, even while he was traveling.

i myself will be out of contact for a bit of time but will report back upon my return.

thanks very much to all of you and i will follow up then with details.
Old 23 July 2014, 11:54 AM   #75
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Ah - well, if he is aware of this thread is remains defiant - that banning is certainly the right move.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2014, 12:11 PM   #76
goldfixer21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Ah - well, if he is aware of this thread is remains defiant - that banning is certainly the right move.
I would imagine he is acutely aware of this thread.....yet still not responding.
goldfixer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2014, 03:15 PM   #77
Vishy26
"TRF" Member

Seller is a swindler. His position is indefensible, no wonder he dislikes to appear here with his real identity.
Vishy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 12:38 AM   #78
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

So that I am not mistaken here.

Robert Scott (Survivor) sold Gus a watch for $10,000.

He insures it for $5,000 and it's gone missing in transit.

Robert Young holds $10,000 cash and $5,000 on its way, $15,000 shortly.

He's trying to palm Gus off with $5,000?

That would mean that Robert Young gets ALL his money and Gus eats dirt due to Robert Scott's mistake.

Does anyone know this guy? It would be a shame to see Robert Young get away with this and be free to attack again.

We have plenty of members who are in law enforcement, perhaps with contacts in this Robert Scott's area.
Welshwatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 12:49 AM   #79
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
The OP should contact the US Postal Inspector's Office for help.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 01:00 AM   #80
function12
"TRF" Member

Wow what a story. You should have been made whole a long time ago. I don't know why you would even offer to settle unless he paid you back 100% of what you paid him. I sure hope he gets his!!
function12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 01:04 AM   #81
Travelair007
"TRF" Member

Sorry this happened to you....keep us posted.
Travelair007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 01:27 AM   #82
GradyPhilpott

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Forgive me. I got lost.

Are Robert Scott and Robert Young one and the same?

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 03:51 AM   #83
mike11872
"TRF" Member

Seller should refund your fund in full when the watch was reported lost by USPS.

You have nothing to do with the seller and USPS anymore.

Transaction is cancelled. Just that simple ..No BS and excuse.

According to the seller response and attitude, the whole thing now is becoming a SCAM.
mike11872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 04:01 AM   #84
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Sorry to hear. Absolutely crazy. Does a mans handshake or word mean nothing any more. It's the down fall of society. Peoples word is meaningless.
Old 24 July 2014, 04:09 AM   #85
lawcam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail View Post
You should get 100% funds back and the seller has to deal with USPS with a claim.
Agree with this.

You paid, and didn't receive the item, seller cannot provide the item, which means your money should be returned. Don't think about it like postman got it wrong. Think of it as I paid for an item and the seller no longer has the item to send to me, any court of Law will side with you and request your money be fully refunded!

Sorry to hear you going through this, must be painful!
lawcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 06:35 AM   #86
southtexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
Forgive me. I got lost.

Are Robert Scott and Robert Young one and the same?
x2

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 09:04 AM   #87
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
Somehow I missed this thread. Gus I am sorry this has happened to you and hope it is resolved with this clown getting what he deserves! It is amazing how some will always try to take advantage of others, even when there is public scrutiny!
Old 24 July 2014, 11:33 AM   #88
SohAIS
⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Patek, Rolex
Go after him with an attorney. He has no case here.
SohAIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 11:44 AM   #89
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
So that I am not mistaken here.

Robert Scott (Survivor) sold Gus a watch for $10,000.

He insures it for $5,000 and it's gone missing in transit.

Robert Young holds $10,000 cash and $5,000 on its way, $15,000 shortly.

He's trying to palm Gus off with $5,000?

That would mean that Robert Young gets ALL his money and Gus eats dirt due to Robert Scott's mistake.

Does anyone know this guy? It would be a shame to see Robert Young get away with this and be free to attack again.

We have plenty of members who are in law enforcement, perhaps with contacts in this Robert Scott's area.
Exactly + there is a $10000 Rolex lost somewhere?

If the insurance company is made aware of the facts would they reimburse the seller knowing he has been paid for the watch?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 11:54 AM   #90
Lgear080
Banned

This is not a civil matter. It sounds like interstate wire fraud, grand theft, or both.

Just makes me sick.
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote