The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 November 2023, 11:51 AM   #1
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Air-King
Seaweed Seamaster Dilema

I recently picked up the new green dial/bezel “seaweed” Seamaster Diver 300M. I followed the advice of “buy it on the bracelet, then add the rubber strap.”

I like the bracelet ok….but I really want it on the green rubber strap. As it turns out, it’s unavailable!!!!

Does anyone have any idea if these will be available again? Or any idea how I can get one? If not, I’ll likely sell it and buy one on a rubber strap. What a waste of time and money!!

Why Omega?! Why would you come out with a hot new watch and not have the rubber strap available?

Also, the rubber with deployent buckle is available, but it’s twice the price and I really dislike that configuration.

Thanks I’m advance for any suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MJ EXPLORER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2023, 01:46 PM   #2
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Have you tried calling a couple of the Omega boutiques to see if they have them in stock? I know when I was looking at some OEM natos, they were sold out online so I called the Chicago boutique and they had them in stock.

Great watch by the way. I have the same one but I wear it only on the bracelet while the green rubber and deployant it came on just sits in the drawer. I’ve got the grey dial as well and wear that a lot with the blue rubber strap and tang buckle.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2023, 01:56 PM   #3
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson3097 View Post
Have you tried calling a couple of the Omega boutiques to see if they have them in stock? I know when I was looking at some OEM natos, they were sold out online so I called the Chicago boutique and they had them in stock.

Great watch by the way. I have the same one but I wear it only on the bracelet while the green rubber and deployant it came on just sits in the drawer. I’ve got the grey dial as well and wear that a lot with the blue rubber strap and tang buckle.
Hey Justin! That is an outstanding idea. I hadn't thought of that and that's exactly why I reached out to the community. I'll definitely call around to see if someone has one in stock.

The steel bracelet is slowly growing on me. I wish it tapered a bit, but I think I'll like it a bit more on the green rubber strap. I am going to take your advice and call around. Thanks so much!
Old 29 November 2023, 02:25 PM   #4
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

If you get lucky and find one at a boutique, make sure to ask them to send it to you in the nice red zipper case. The Chicago boutique told me after my last nato order that they typically won’t ship straps in those cases unless someone specifically asks for me.
Old 29 November 2023, 04:44 PM   #5
Guppydriver
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
You're not alone Mike, many prefer the rubber strap on the 300M. The bracelet is definitely polarizing. I prefer my 300m Tokyo on the blue rubber. However, I like the deployant if nothing more than to protect the watch.

Good luck finding an OEM strap, it sure is a beautiful watch.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2023, 06:24 PM   #6
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
From my personal experience there is no shortage.

As others have said, you just need to call around a few boutiques.

(Although I must admit I’ve gone for deployant and will never look back - it’s amazing!!)

I’ve also never heard the term “seaweed” either

OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2023, 09:20 PM   #7
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Congrats Mike
I think you should go straight to Omega boutique and ask them for rubber strap. I think you should get one faster in boutique than in AD.
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2023, 10:07 PM   #8
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great watch. The advice of calling various Boutiques is what I do when I can not get one directly from Omega.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 01:36 AM   #9
Cassidyanne
Banned

“Seaweed”? WTF!
Cassidyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 05:01 AM   #10
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Here's a link to the strap you need at Swiss Watch Spares in England. Yeah, I know, it's nutty to purchase from across the pond, but just wanted you to have the link, just in case. He has it in stock, and he can supply the correct buckle for it if needed.

https://www.swisswatchspares.com/pro...rap-pin-buckle
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 06:00 AM   #11
PTCDAD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaJJH View Post
From my personal experience there is no shortage.

As others have said, you just need to call around a few boutiques.

(Although I must admit I’ve gone for deployant and will never look back - it’s amazing!!)

I’ve also never heard the term “seaweed” either

Great to hear. I just ordered a deployment strap for my Black SMP 300 diver.

PTCDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 09:39 AM   #12
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ EXPLORER View Post

I recently picked up the new green dial/bezel “seaweed” Seamaster Diver 300M. I followed the advice of “buy it on the bracelet, then add the rubber strap.”

I like the bracelet ok….but I really want it on the green rubber strap. As it turns out, it’s unavailable!!!!

Does anyone have any idea if these will be available again? Or any idea how I can get one? If not, I’ll likely sell it and buy one on a rubber strap. What a waste of time and money!!

Why Omega?! Why would you come out with a hot new watch and not have the rubber strap available?

Also, the rubber with deployent buckle is available, but it’s twice the price and I really dislike that configuration.

Thanks I’m advance for any suggestions.

If you haven't already found one, my AD in CA has them in stock along with the buckle. Contact Topper Jewelers in Burlingame CA
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 09:53 AM   #13
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Great advice here. You'll find one by calling around and don't discount calling large ADs in addition to Boutiques.

Congrats on your Seaweed. Super nice piece.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 09:59 AM   #14
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
I'm generally scoff at assigning nicknames to watches, but this one is excellent

MJ, unfortunately I'm afraid we're all gonna have to call you Seaweed, too . Rolls off the tongue kinda nice
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 10:19 AM   #15
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Justin!!! It worked. One phone call to the Omega Boutique at the Bellagio and my green rubber strap is on its way!

Thanks to you and all others on such excellent advice!

Ling helped me out and she couldn’t have been nicer. She said they are the highest volume Omega dealer on the west coast.

Cheers!

Old 30 November 2023, 10:34 AM   #16
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
I'm generally scoff at assigning nicknames to watches, but this one is excellent

MJ, unfortunately I'm afraid we're all gonna have to call you Seaweed, too . Rolls off the tongue kinda nice

I’ll take the nickname proudly Tony! However, I can’t take credit for coming up with it. Several videos on YouTube refer to it as such. I assumed that’s what we were calling it!

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/s4KKwZGkEOQ?si=37Sn4CPNarLK1A4E

Old 30 November 2023, 10:35 AM   #17
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Here's a link to the strap you need at Swiss Watch Spares in England. Yeah, I know, it's nutty to purchase from across the pond, but just wanted you to have the link, just in case. He has it in stock, and he can supply the correct buckle for it if needed.

https://www.swisswatchspares.com/pro...rap-pin-buckle

Thanks Tony! Had I struck out on the boutique, I would have ordered this one. Looks exactly the same.

Old 30 November 2023, 10:38 AM   #18
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonovox View Post
Great advice here. You'll find one by calling around and don't discount calling large ADs in addition to Boutiques.

Congrats on your Seaweed. Super nice piece.

Thanks so much! Omega has made watch collecting fun again. Readily available for the most part, lower prices, plus usually a small discount. This watch is just fun.

Old 30 November 2023, 12:46 PM   #19
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Quote:
Justin!!! It worked. One phone call to the Omega Boutique at the Bellagio and my green rubber strap is on its way!

Ling helped me out and she couldn’t have been nicer. She said they are the highest volume Omega dealer on the west coast.

Cheers!

Great news. Post a pic when it arrives.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 01:36 PM   #20
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Cheers!

That’s great news!! The watch really looks great on both the bracelet and the rubber strap.
Old 30 November 2023, 11:16 PM   #21
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Seaweed Seamaster Dilema

Enjoy and Congrats! Very helpful replies on this thread. That’s what the forum is all about!

I love my seamaster 300m. I struggled to decide between the green, white, black dial but ultimately decided to go with black. It is my most worn watch

stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2023, 01:20 AM   #22
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

This has quickly become one of my favorite watches ever. The way the green changes on the light is amazing.

I have the green rubber with the deployant but I don't think it's anymore comfortable than the tang buckle which I have on my grey dial. Lately I've just been wearing my grey dial on an aftermarket mesh bracelet.

Old 1 December 2023, 01:48 AM   #23
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks so much! Omega has made watch collecting fun again. Readily available for the most part. This watch is just fun.
Here, here!!

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s added a bit of positivity and enjoyment back in to watch collecting that I think (in my personal opinion) Rolex has sapped in recent years.

I haven’t worn my Submariner since I got it.

Old 1 December 2023, 03:19 AM   #24
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
This has quickly become one of my favorite watches ever. The way the green changes on the light is amazing.

I have the green rubber with the deployant but I don't think it's anymore comfortable than the tang buckle which I have on my grey dial. Lately I've just been wearing my grey dial on an aftermarket mesh bracelet.

Cool that you have both! That mesh bracelet is fantastic. I tried on the NTTD version at the AD and it was fantastic. I just couldn't justify the price. Looks great on the gray dial.
Old 1 December 2023, 03:21 AM   #25
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestil View Post
Enjoy and Congrats! Very helpful replies on this thread. That’s what the forum is all about!

I love my seamaster 300m. I struggled to decide between the green, white, black dial but ultimately decided to go with black. It is my most worn watch

Totally agreed on the forum! Include some pics of your black version. Can't have too many pics.

I was torn between several colors and variations too. I'm liking mine more every day and it's getting a lot of wrist time.
Old 1 December 2023, 03:23 AM   #26
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaJJH View Post
Here, here!!

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s added a bit of positivity and enjoyment back in to watch collecting that I think (in my personal opinion) Rolex has sapped in recent years.

I haven’t worn my Submariner since I got it.

I'm down to one Rolex....My black dial Explorer II. I will likely keep it, but it'll be my only Rolex. I have several Omegas on my radar and it's fun that I can pick one up at any time.
Old 2 December 2023, 08:02 AM   #27
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

The eagle has landed! Feels like a totally different watch. Feels much sportier!

Old 2 December 2023, 08:24 AM   #28
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Looks awesome. I go back and forth between rubber and bracelet but I prefer the rubber more. It’s nice to have variety.

In case you don’t know, there’s a nipple in the shape of a triangle on the underside of the free loop that sits in the triangle on the strap, so that your strap and loop can be locked in together.

omar-rye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2023, 08:29 AM   #29
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
Looks awesome. I go back and forth between rubber and bracelet but I prefer the rubber more. It’s nice to have variety.

In case you don’t know, there’s a nipple in the shape of a triangle on the underside of the free loop that sits in the triangle on the strap, so that your strap and loop can be locked in together.

Now that’s some good insider knowledge!

Old 2 December 2023, 08:30 AM   #30
MJ EXPLORER
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post

No way!!! Thanks so much for pointing it out. I never would have noticed it and I absolutely dig it.

Thanks and cheers!