The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 24 April 2016, 02:03 AM   #61
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
At this point I would buy from them. And I know the peace of mind and convenience on the buying end is most certainly a value add for a place like this. That is why I have bought every new watch I own from my ad. I pay a fair price, I know it is genuine and they bend over backwards to take care of us.

An update on this situation. I sent my salesperson and email late Wednesday night (they were closed) asking them to just return the watch and please provide a tracking number.
Thursday came and went. No call no email. Yesterday morning I called (on my way to work, so due to time zone differences they were closed) there and left a message for my salesperson following up on my email and asking they just send the watch back and provide a tracking number. When I had not heard back by 4pm their time I called their general number. A gal answered the phone and I gave her my situation. She did inform me that my sales person was out of the office and that she had found my watch and will send back today (Friday) and email me a tracking number. I received no email. Hopefully my watch shows up on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2016, 03:24 AM   #62
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
At this point I would buy from them. And I know the peace of mind and convenience on the buying end is most certainly a value add for a place like this. That is why I have bought every new watch I own from my ad. I pay a fair price, I know it is genuine and they bend over backwards to take care of us.

An update on this situation. I sent my salesperson and email late Wednesday night (they were closed) asking them to just return the watch and please provide a tracking number.
Thursday came and went. No call no email. Yesterday morning I called (on my way to work, so due to time zone differences they were closed) there and left a message for my salesperson following up on my email and asking they just send the watch back and provide a tracking number. When I had not heard back by 4pm their time I called their general number. A gal answered the phone and I gave her my situation. She did inform me that my sales person was out of the office and that she had found my watch and will send back today (Friday) and email me a tracking number. I received no email. Hopefully my watch shows up on Monday.

Wow. Terrible communication on their end. This would make me nervous and uneasy. Let's hope this get's better than worse.
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2016, 03:46 AM   #63
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
Wow. Terrible communication on their end. This would make me nervous and uneasy. Let's hope this get's better than worse.

Knowing salesperson was not at work for two days made me feel not as bad. But I work in a customer service driven field and we would never think of taking 2 days off and not having back up. We have back up for any reason illness, emergency etc.

The no email last night after calling to follow up is slightly disturbing to me.

Old 24 April 2016, 03:51 PM   #64
strongarms
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Speedy
Not here to trump up Bob's, but have traded in 2 watches over the last 2 years and got what I was told I would receive. More importantly, both watches I traded for were better than expected....Actually, both watches had open papers and were apparently never really worn.
Sure, I probably could have gotten more if I sold them outright, but the process was pretty seamless.
strongarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2016, 10:25 PM   #65
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Well my watch never showed up on Monday. As it was supposedly shipped overnight on Friday I find that a bit odd. But since i never received a tracking number email I am not surprised.

Did get an email apologizing for the delay from my salesperson as she was out of the office for a couple days. Was told the watch would go out yesterday. I, of course, said thank you and please provide tracking info. Did not hear back yesterday after that.

I am leaving town in about 30 minutes for the rest of the week for work.

I hope that my wife will be here to sign for the fed ex guy when he gets here. That is if the watch shows up.

I have no doubt that Bob's is a great place to buy a watch or to sell brand new unworn open warranty watches but this is getting old.

Old 26 April 2016, 11:34 PM   #66
offrdmania
2024 Pledge Member

I would be on the phone with them this morning as soon as they open, demanding the tracking number. They have had their few chances. You are being too nice about it at this point.
Old 27 April 2016, 02:41 AM   #67
strongarms
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Speedy
Brandon, I only related my experience to give you confidence that Bob's, at least in my experience, came off as straight shooters. At this point, I would be calling their integrity into question.
strongarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2016, 03:14 AM   #68
Bassplayer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wife says too many
Quote:
Well my watch never showed up on Monday. As it was supposedly shipped overnight on Friday I find that a bit odd. But since i never received a tracking number email I am not surprised.

Did get an email apologizing for the delay from my salesperson as she was out of the office for a couple days. Was told the watch would go out yesterday. I, of course, said thank you and please provide tracking info. Did not hear back yesterday after that.

I hope that my wife will be here to sign for the fed ex guy when he gets here. That is if the watch shows up.

I have no doubt that Bob's is a great place to buy a watch or to sell brand new unworn open warranty watches but this is getting old.

Unacceptable. You should stop being nice at this point.

" I prefer to drink; not drive "
John Alec Entwistle
Bassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2016, 04:53 AM   #69
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:

I would insist on being able to either phone or email the owner Paul Altieri directly. You are handling this with much more tact and patience than myself. I would be raising holy He!!
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2016, 05:49 AM   #70
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
If it makes you feel any better they do the same on the front end- no negotiating at all on sale price.

As I understand it, this is how they operate. Make a fair offer and then chisel lower once in hand.

I bought one each from them but doubt I will ever be a repeat customer.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2016, 07:20 AM   #71
bdex75
"TRF" Member

There was an attempted fed ex delivery at the house today while the wife was at the gym. I am out of town. Have not checked in with the wife as to what it was. I assume it was the watch. Wife is going to try to be home tomorrow around he same time.

One unintended consequence of this thread has been that I am sure I will be able to sell the watch when I do get it back.

Old 27 April 2016, 07:20 AM   #72
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
I would insist on being able to either phone or email the owner Paul Altieri directly. You are handling this with much more tact and patience than myself. I would be raising holy He!!

Funny thing. I got an email from him today wanting me to look at their collection of Rolex watches to start my personal collection. 😂😂😂

Old 27 April 2016, 02:28 PM   #73
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There was an attempted fed ex delivery at the house today while the wife was at the gym. I am out of town. Have not checked in with the wife as to what it was. I assume it was the watch. Wife is going to try to be home tomorrow around he same time.

One unintended consequence of this thread has been that I am sure I will be able to sell the watch when I do get it back.

Check that tracking number and see if it was tendered in California. Strange that they would not simply reply with a tracking number if they actually sent it.
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2016, 05:36 AM   #74
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch was delivered this morning. Wife signed for it. I am on the road so I have not inspected but assume it is in the same condition as when it was sent.

Old 28 April 2016, 09:37 AM   #75
atxwatch
"TRF" Member

For what it is worth at this point...I just sold my 1990s IWC Ingenieur through Crown & Caliber and it was a flawless transaction. They gave me the price they thought they could sell it for which I verified and they then take out a percentage fee as their margin. I could have sold it myself, but this made it much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
atxwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2016, 12:36 PM   #76
westcoastunionthug
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1988 16800
I almost bought my wife's new 36 Datejust from Bob's but I hated the idea he was quoting a " buy" price without seeing something and my sense was there was as often as not a disappointed seller on the other end of those transactions.
westcoastunionthug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2016, 12:45 PM   #77
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxwatch View Post
For what it is worth at this point...I just sold my 1990s IWC Ingenieur through Crown & Caliber and it was a flawless transaction. They gave me the price they thought they could sell it for which I verified and they then take out a percentage fee as their margin. I could have sold it myself, but this made it much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't know they bought watches. Interesting concept. Look at what you can sell it for, back out your profit and buy at that price. Guess Bob's profit is 100%?? Like someone said, a pawn shop.

At this point I am just happy I got my watch back. As soon as I can verify it is as it was when I sent it I will respond to a few PM's asking about buying it and if not will decide if we want to hang on to it for my daughter or I will list in the classifieds.

Thanks to all who have responded for the feedback and support.

Old 28 April 2016, 09:05 PM   #78
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Glad it appears to have worked out.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2016, 09:16 PM   #79
TickTopia
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for the warning. I will definitely be steering clear of these dbags!
TickTopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 03:48 AM   #80
RolexPete
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dad's 14060
Any update?

1996 Submariner 14060* - 1972 Datejust 1601
1972 Oyster Perpetual 1002 - 1978 Oysterquartz 17000
Omega Seamaster 2265.80 - Omega Seamaster 300 166.0324
*RIP PAL 1942-2015
RolexPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 03:55 AM   #81
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexPete View Post
Any update?

Yes, sorry. The watch did arrive last week and was returned as sent. I finally had a chance to inbox it this weekend. I am going to get it to my watchmaker to get a light polish and make sure it is properly regulated before listing for sale. I will contact those that have expressed interest via PM before I do that.

Thanks everyone

Old 3 May 2016, 04:11 AM   #82
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Yes, sorry. The watch did arrive last week and was returned as sent. I finally had a chance to inbox it this weekend. I am going to get it to my watchmaker to get a light polish and make sure it is properly regulated before listing for sale. I will contact those that have expressed interest via PM before I do that.

Thanks everyone

Did it arrive back in good condition?
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 04:53 AM   #83
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
Did it arrive back in good condition?
"it was returned as sent"
GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2016, 01:04 PM   #84
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch is now for sale in the classifieds. I thought about sending it in for a very light polish but it is just to minty and too original to polish for me.

Old 8 May 2016, 06:15 AM   #85
modee
Banned

Watch: Rolex 228206
They seem to have good prices on some of the Rolexes they sell however. If they buy low they are also selling for relatively low prices on some of their watches too.
modee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2016, 01:51 PM   #86
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by modee View Post
They seem to have good prices on some of the Rolexes they sell however. If they buy low they are also selling for relatively low prices on some of their watches too.

They are there to sell watches. Bottom line.

If you can pay less you can sell for less and move more merchandise.

Whether I am buying or selling I look at the retail and the wholesale and the spread. Based on what I saw their offer was not fair so I declined.

Old 9 May 2016, 01:18 AM   #87
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
They are there to sell watches. Bottom line.

If you can pay less you can sell for less and move more merchandise.

Whether I am buying or selling I look at the retail and the wholesale and the spread. Based on what I saw their offer was not fair so I declined.

Once sold i'd be interested in the delta between what you sold it for and what they offered.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2016, 03:44 PM   #88
Timeless86
Banned

Watch: Rolex Submariner
At first I thought that business with Bobs would be easy and headache free until they offered me $4200 for a Sub that I sold for $7k. SMH !
Timeless86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2016, 12:04 AM   #89
iliketime
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless86 View Post
At first I thought that business with Bobs would be easy and headache free until they offered me $4200 for a Sub that I sold for $7k. SMH !
just like tourneau, offer $4k for my explorer II but sell older ones at $5.5 +tax
iliketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2016, 03:59 PM   #90
PaulRolex
"TRF" Member

Repair Costs

Greetings All

Sorry I am just seeing this now.

* Some of the allegations made against our company herein are wrongful, misleading and constitute an injurious falsehood for which we have the right to pursue a legal remedy at law.

First off, thank you to those who have provided some informative and supportive guidance here. It is very much appreciated. And thank you to the Rolex forums and its admin for maintaining the forums for all our benefit. It too is much appreciated.

It seems clear that the main issue here is the $475 deduction made to place the watch in top salable condition.

Watch: Ladies Rolex Stainless Date.

1. The watch needed a full service, polish and possibly a new crystal ( i did not see the watch personally ). It was also missing links: it is 16 years old +/- and has not been serviced in 6 years. We will not sell an older watch to a buyer that hasn’t been serviced in 6 years. All of our watches carry a 1 year warranty and our customers depend on us to deliver them a watch that will properly function for at least a few years after purchase.

2. We only use factory Rolex parts to service and restore our watches. As most of you know, those parts are much more expensive than generic “after market” parts.

3. $475 to service a 16 year old watch by a trusted, reputable Rolex service repair facility, with genuine factory parts is pretty reasonable. In fact it’s probably on the low side as it often costs more if it needs parts. Reputable repair shops, many of which are referenced on this forum, charge this much or more. Rolex would charge much more - possibly double.

4. Purchase estimates: We always quote our best up to price, not our worst, when providing purchase estimates. Some watches only need a polish, so in that case the deduction would be minimal.

5. We do not make a profit on repair costs. Our costs are reflected in a dollar for dollar adjustment. At the end of the day if all goes well, we hope to make a small profit.

Some of you who have had a used or a vintage Rolex watches serviced by Rolex or by a reputable repair shop know how expensive it can be. Often times in the thousands with respect to Rolex when it involves parts.
PaulRolex is offline   Reply With Quote