The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 23 January 2009, 01:59 PM   #31
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
It looks like another Russian Scam Site. This is similar in action to rolex24h.com though more sophisticated.

If you go to the rolex24h.com site now, he claims to have a bricks and mortar store and a head salesmen to do business with. he also lists two contacts for references though, when you try to contact them for references, the e-mails get kicked back as undeliverable. Smart thieves.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2009, 12:50 AM   #32
Orchi
Banned

Err buddies...eBay PowerSeller - tkbarger ...no longer has a transparent
feedback history...

It has gone...PRIVATE.

Also it would seem that...he has since gotten 2 NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS from
his purported Buyers...in eBay.

But since the feedback history has gone private...there is no way of telling
what had transpired...with his recent activities...

Nevertheless...before this...he used to have plenty of watches listed
in eBay for auctions...

NONE of it...can be seen...right now.

Perhaps...they have since been investigated by eBay...n their eBay listings
have been scrutinized as well...for wrong doings.
Orchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2009, 06:32 AM   #33
Paratroop45
"TRF" Member

Just wanted to add something here - after receiving telephone calls about tkbarger's auctions, I realized that he had stolen my eBay ID some months back, probably in May 2008. Since I had not used it to sell anything, I had no way of knowing.

But - in any case I contacted eBay and convinced them that my account was indeed stolen, and all of tkbarger's auctions were cancelled, and if I get my account back (my user id was NOT tkbarger), I plan to clean it up.

I hope they got some information to nail him for stealing the account anyway, but I doubt it keeps him off eBay.

IF YOU SEE ANY AUCTIONS FROM "tkbarger" - STAY AWAY - he stole my account and I doubt he ever delivered a Rolex in his life!
Paratroop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2009, 07:44 AM   #34
Paratroop45
"TRF" Member

Oh, and on a more personal note, the feedbacks for tkbarger from April 21, 2008 and prior were real - although I was selling Hockey Cards and not watches. A perfect rating through 900+ transactions is possible.
Old 27 January 2009, 07:46 AM   #35
Paratroop45
"TRF" Member

Not sure if the original post will make it - so here is the gist....

tkbarger was a stolen eBay account - done sometime in May 2008, and since I had stopped using eBay about then, it did not come to my attention until recently.

Today I established with eBay that the account was indeed stolen - although I have no way of knowing if all his auctions were real or not - eBay also deleted all of those as well. So, I am hoping eBay will catch him - but I have a feeling he will reappear with a different stolen account ID and keep on ripping people off... Beware!
Old 27 January 2009, 10:50 AM   #36
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
TKBarger is a fraud. 100%. I am getting together a list of people whom he screwed, refer anyone to me. The ebay account was stolen, and since returned to the rightful owner. The actual account belonged to 'paratroop45'. Go to that seller's 'Me' page, you will see.

However, I am organizing an investigation of this guy, any pertinent information would be appreciated.
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2009, 12:18 PM   #37
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

WOW! Was this ever an interesting turn of events. It's too bad there are people out there that have no ethics to do something like this. It hurts to see victims in this kind of case.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 27 January 2009, 12:43 PM   #38
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
How can an ebay account be stolen? Is ebay's internal control not stringent enough or some other reasons?
2careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2009, 12:58 PM   #39
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2careless View Post
How can an ebay account be stolen? Is ebay's internal control not stringent enough or some other reasons?

I assume password is discovered (possibly via phishing email) and account information altered such as email address, credit card payment info, paypal info, etc.

True owner would then never be contacted and unaware of the fraudulent activity going on.

I wonder if the true owner gave out his password possibly via a scam email.

onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2009, 02:21 PM   #40
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Update - money goes into an account belonging to Hayzon corporation on California.... Hmmm.... quite a scam they have going....
Old 27 January 2009, 06:53 PM   #41
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post
I assume password is discovered (possibly via phishing email) and account information altered such as email address, credit card payment info, paypal info, etc.

True owner would then never be contacted and unaware of the fraudulent activity going on.

I wonder if the true owner gave out his password possibly via a scam email.

thats how they do it I have seen it happen.

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2009, 01:19 AM   #42
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Newton View Post
Building the case to fry this guy. Thans to Orchi's great Sherlock Holmes, Charlie Chan, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew type detective work.

Terry Newton
You said you are building the case - do you mean with authorities or 'lady Casper?
Old 28 January 2009, 04:29 AM   #43
JimW
Banned

Watch: 18k Datejust
From how I see it working. The forum sends aknowledgement to ebay of it's findings complete. Great work btw of digging into this person. Ebay then sits down, reviews all the information then makes it decision wheter to terminate his "accounts" or let him continue to produce what we beleive are false auctions.

Sad note is the guy gets shut down, opens new accounts complete to banking (probably already has a few) and is back in business.

Before someone says they can get his ip address please note with certain routers you can put out a spoof ip addy.

Just my opinion is all. Warm regards to all.
Jim
JimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2009, 07:53 AM   #44
randy55
"TRF" Member

Hi, i just signed up to this forum for this thread. This individual has scammed me for $15000 USD last week. I wired 4500 to his Bank of America account and sent the balance thru paypal. Here is all the information i have on him. Bank of America refuses to give me any information on this person and seems to condone his fraudulent activities.

BANK NAME: BANK OF AMERICA
NAME ACCOUT:CENTRAL FLORIDA COMMERCIAL MAINTAINENCE
ACCOUNT NUMBER:229002246342
ROUTING NUMBER:026009593
SWIFT NUMBER:: BOFAUS3N
BANK ADDRESS: 2301 S FLorida Ave
Lakeland FL, 33803
PAYPAL ADDRESS: hayzon1@aol

The purchase was for a 5110 PatekJ, not very important though.

Anybody have any advice on what i should do? Anybody work at bank of america that would be able to give me his real information?

As stated in this thread, he doesnt answer his phones, so i really don't know what to do.
I'll be checking this thread regularly.
Thanks in advance
randy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2009, 08:00 AM   #45
randy55
"TRF" Member

duplicate post - sorry

Last edited by randy55; 29 January 2009 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: duplicate
randy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2009, 08:44 AM   #46
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy55 View Post
Hi, i just signed up to this forum for this thread. This individual has scammed me for $15000 USD last week. I wired 4500 to his Bank of America account and sent the balance thru paypal. Here is all the information i have on him. Bank of America refuses to give me any information on this person and seems to condone his fraudulent activities.

BANK NAME: BANK OF AMERICA
NAME ACCOUT:CENTRAL FLORIDA COMMERCIAL MAINTAINENCE
ACCOUNT NUMBER:229002246342
ROUTING NUMBER:026009593
SWIFT NUMBER:: BOFAUS3N
BANK ADDRESS: 2301 S FLorida Ave
Lakeland FL, 33803
PAYPAL ADDRESS: hayzon1@aol

The purchase was for a 5110 PatekJ, not very important though.

Anybody have any advice on what i should do? Anybody work at bank of america that would be able to give me his real information?

As stated in this thread, he doesnt answer his phones, so i really don't know what to do.
I'll be checking this thread regularly.
Thanks in advance

Contact Paypal and try to get some of your money back that way. The wire is not reversible.

onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2009, 10:56 AM   #47
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
B of A won't give you anything without a subponea as there are many banking privacy regulations that keep them from releasing customer information. B of A does have a security department so I would alert them imediately to your loss.

I would also contact the police department in the city where the bank wire was sent. You might also contact FDLE - Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement and have one of the state investigators see if they are interested in opening an investigation for you. If the fraud amount is high enough, federal authorites also might want to become involved.

PM me if you have addiditional questions or concerns and I'll see if I can help you out.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2009, 11:00 AM   #48
skideano
"TRF" Member

tkbarger

We were ripped by tkbarger on a Franck Muller Tourbillon purchased on 1/14/09. Watch was supposely shipped from the Netherlands. Received
package today with a book in it! Want to burn these guys back. Involved
the FBI today!
skideano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2009, 11:20 AM   #49
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skideano View Post
We were ripped by tkbarger on a Franck Muller Tourbillon purchased on 1/14/09. Watch was supposely shipped from the Netherlands. Received
package today with a book in it! Want to burn these guys back. Involved
the FBI today!
Was this done through E-Bay? If so, please let me know.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 29 January 2009, 01:09 PM   #50
JimW
Banned

This is what it ALL is about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
B of A won't give you anything without a subponea as there are many banking privacy regulations that keep them from releasing customer information. B of A does have a security department so I would alert them imediately to your loss.

I would also contact the police department in the city where the bank wire was sent. You might also contact FDLE - Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement and have one of the state investigators see if they are interested in opening an investigation for you. If the fraud amount is high enough, federal authorites also might want to become involved.

PM me if you have addiditional questions or concerns and I'll see if I can help you out.
This is what it is all about. Not just finding scams on ebay or other sites but going out of one's way to help thier fellow man that has been ripped off.
This is a post I will remember and am proud to see. WTG John! Wheter it helps or not, just asking if you can is special.(to me)
Jim
Old 29 January 2009, 02:55 PM   #51
Beenscammed
"TRF" Member

Can someone PLEASE HELP ME...I am involved with this person in a deal now, and found this forum thru a Google search of Hayzon Corp. The amount was too large for PayPal, was rejected, and a Bank wire transfer was an option. It was not one listed as bad. It seemed all his emails were replies to mine from My Ebay, but apparently they were not. He already got $16k, and is waiting for 4500 more to ship tomorrow, almost did it today, but the bank was closed... I am shaking, and cannot find in all the many links on eBay what to do. All tutorials. I have all his current info, new alias, ebay site, email, address, etc. What alerted me was when I checked on his individual feedbacks, and the buyers didn't buy anthing during that time at all. You all seem to already be way ahead with him, so please if you can, tell me who to contact ASAP!!!
Beenscammed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2009, 03:23 PM   #52
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenscammed View Post
Can someone PLEASE HELP ME...I am involved with this person in a deal now, and found this forum thru a Google search of Hayzon Corp. The amount was too large for PayPal, was rejected, and a Bank wire transfer was an option. It was not one listed as bad. It seemed all his emails were replies to mine from My Ebay, but apparently they were not. He already got $16k, and is waiting for 4500 more to ship tomorrow, almost did it today, but the bank was closed... I am shaking, and cannot find in all the many links on eBay what to do. All tutorials. I have all his current info, new alias, ebay site, email, address, etc. What alerted me was when I checked on his individual feedbacks, and the buyers didn't buy anthing during that time at all. You all seem to already be way ahead with him, so please if you can, tell me who to contact ASAP!!!
Did this happen through E-Bay? Please let me know quickly as I have to go to bed. I will help you out though.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 29 January 2009, 03:30 PM   #53
Beenscammed
"TRF" Member

yes
Beenscammed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2009, 09:42 PM   #54
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
man this guy is screwing everyone!!
he has to be caught!
I would suggest contacting the f.b.i
they have a special division just for this type of crime..
did you wire all that money for a watch?
you didnt check his references??
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2009, 09:59 PM   #55
Orchi
Banned

Err buddies...for the life of Orchi...now the pieces of the bigger puzzle
is finally being put together...!

Thomas Barger a.k.a TKBarger...a.k.a Shaun Coulthard ...or
whatever his REAL name is....is DEFINITELY a 100% FRAUDSTER...
with a STOLEN eBay PowerSeller Account by the name of TKBarger...!!!

Now Orchi prays...the relevant law enforcement authorities in USA...
would very soon catch up with this good-for-nothing else fraudster...
n send him to...Guantanamo Bay...for all Orchi cares...!!!
Orchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2009, 12:15 AM   #56
Mosco
"TRF" Member

I was scammed by him as well. The money was sent to:
Bank Name : Bank of America
Name on Account : Hayzon Corporation
Account Number : 2746270582
Routing Number : 026009593
Bank address : 15092 Summit Avenue
Fontana, CA 92336
(909) 646-7913

I have started the involvement of authorities last week, I think we are getting somewhere. I would strongly urge everyone to file a report with the internet crime department - www.IC3.gov - and also alert their local authorities, who, in turn, will involve the FBI and hopefully the InterPol. The guy is in Russia and i have couple friends who are attempting to locate him there. I can't exactly disclose the means yet, as he may see this info as well, just ask me privately.

Orchi - our 'brilliant' president is shutting down Gitmo within a year - no point on sending him there :(
Old 30 January 2009, 12:53 AM   #57
JimW
Banned

I wonder, if the guy actually winds up sending a fake whatever to the buyers and it reads on the face what they thought they bought then can anything be done. Theft by deceiption is one way.
Will they go after him for 15k? In Russia?

Might be time to let a scab grow over the wound if he is out of the country. Chalk it up to lesson learned and take time to use forums like this to ask about a seller before buying the next time.
If you sent wire transfers and you got the money off a credit line then your creditor will protect you though and give it back to your card. You have 6 months after day of purchase to file a charge back.
And with this guy's crap should be no problem.

Just my little thoughts is all.
Jim
Old 30 January 2009, 01:08 AM   #58
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Jim,

The total loss caused by this guy well exceeded $100,000, and that is just the people I have reached. I am sure it is more. He WILL pay. Even if he is out of the country.
Old 30 January 2009, 01:24 AM   #59
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

I have filed four separate reports to the FBI's Internet Crime Reporting concerning all of the fake web sites selling Rolex watches. These include rolex24h.com, rolexsavings.net, rolexcenter.com, charmingwatches.com. I have never heard back from them on any of these places and they continue to act without impunity. I suspect that they don't have a lot of sympathy for us who want to buy a Rolex watch. These places burn Americans, to the tune of millions of dollars annually, so there seems to be little that any of our law enforcement is doing to try to stop them.

E-Bay, itself, has an obligation to make sure their site is secure so that transactions can be done without fear of being ripped off to this level. i wonder if they are going to assume any responsibility for any of what just occurred. This has been some of the most sophisticated attacks I have seen.

I am so sorry for all that have been taken advantage of. My heart goes out to all of you that have been scammed. I absolutely hate rip-offs.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 30 January 2009, 02:03 AM   #60
JimW
Banned

I'm sure he will..........in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Jim,

The total loss caused by this guy well exceeded $100,000, and that is just the people I have reached. I am sure it is more. He WILL pay. Even if he is out of the country.
Greg,

I beleive he will pay in time. Catching him is going to be the problem. Another way to look at this is does anyone know for sure who they are dealing with. It could possibly bring harm to someone if this is a LARGE network scam operation headed up by an organized group.
It is all well and good to want to talk about frying a scammer, but then again who is watching this, following this and keeping the scam moving around the world. Bottom line is might be best to work silently together through pm's and emails.

I for one know that in the end this scammer/scammers are going to suffer for alot longer than anyone of us can do against them trying to gain thier riches on earth through being a thief. Thou shall not steal.

Again, just Jim's opinions and views. Not trying to push them on anyone

Jim