The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 2009, 02:26 AM   #91
yenfoolun
"TRF" Member

Watch: sinn u1
this is one of the most interesting post i ever read in watch forum. since i just completed a deal with the 1 who started this thread....

i was banned in another watch forum for sharing my feeling with a seller, who is a moderator and the owner of the forum....

but it is complete different case here...
Old 11 May 2009, 11:26 AM   #92
Lol-x
Facilitator

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 12 May 2009, 03:23 AM   #93
gerard88t
"TRF" Member

Your Axis IV must equal 100!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
Well, thanks for the career advice. Oddly enough, people pay me reasonable amounts of money to be a psychologist. Go figure.

I suppose your acceptance of the explanation is nice, but let's be clear that your decision to accept it would not have had any impact upon the outcome.

You may not wish to accept that after 67 posts here, you're significantly less than familiar with the dynamic of this forum works than the folks who have been running it for years. So be it, but each mod here has more than enough experience with the myriad of ways in which things can go pear-shaped, and as such knows the caveats to what might seem to new members to be the obvious choice.

Pick any mod here and I'll show you someone who's collected way too many scars to be lectured about what is reasonable. There's always method to the madness, and hopefully you'll join the ranks of the more astute members who understand that they see much less of the big picture than the mods.
Old 12 May 2009, 04:21 AM   #94
Java
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Translation of above
Axis IV:
Psychosocial and Environmental Stressors is for reporting psychosocial and environmental problems that may affect the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of mental disorders. A psychosocial or environment problem may be a negative life event, an environmental difficulty or deficiency, a familial or other interpersonal stress, an inadequacy of social support of personal resources, or other problem relating to the context in which a person's difficulties have developed. Positive stressors, such as a job promotion, should be listed only if they constitute or lead to a problem, as when a person has difficulty adapting to the new situation. Psychosocial and Environmental Stressors fall into nine categories:
Old 12 May 2009, 04:21 AM   #95
Java
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Couldn't resist!!
Old 12 May 2009, 07:29 AM   #96
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java View Post
Couldn't resist!!
And what would be his LOCI (Level Of Care Index)?

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 12 May 2009, 09:27 AM   #97
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Quote:
Translation of above
Axis IV:
Psychosocial and Environmental Stressors is for reporting psychosocial and environmental problems that may affect the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of mental disorders. A psychosocial or environment problem may be a negative life event, an environmental difficulty or deficiency, a familial or other interpersonal stress, an inadequacy of social support of personal resources, or other problem relating to the context in which a person's difficulties have developed. Positive stressors, such as a job promotion, should be listed only if they constitute or lead to a problem, as when a person has difficulty adapting to the new situation. Psychosocial and Environmental Stressors fall into nine categories:
Gee, you can Google. I'm so excited for you. No, really.
Old 12 May 2009, 10:40 AM   #98
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Gee, you can Google. I'm so excited for you. No, really.

Good one James! The old baffling them with bulls^&t routine because it certainly did not come from brilliance.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 12 May 2009, 10:45 AM   #99
diablojota
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
I get a kick out of this thread. Someone talks out of their posterior, gets thwapped by a dude who knows what he's talking about. It's like a tennis match, only with more blood.

FcB
Old 12 May 2009, 10:52 AM   #100
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Newton View Post

Good one James! The old baffling them with bulls^&t routine because it certainly did not come from brilliance.

Terry Newton
Brilliance ... brilliance ... let's see. Unimaginative, unoriginal, lacklustre, soporific, inane, oh, hang on ..., nope, that's tiresome ... nope, no brilliance.

My original diagnosis was one of of 301.81 - with that latest display of drooling glee, though, 318.2 could well be more accurate.
Old 12 May 2009, 11:00 AM   #101
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablojota View Post
I get a kick out of this thread. Someone talks out of their posterior, gets thwapped by a dude who knows what he's talking about. It's like a tennis match, only with more blood.
You see, that's the problem with the education system these days - we just don't get enough of good old handed-down common sense. Had Booster here read his Mark Twain, he would have known that it is always preferable to remain silent and appear stupid, than to speak up and remove all doubt.

Hell, if he'd gone back half as far, he might have worked out that bringing a switchblade to a gunfight is just embarrassing.
Old 12 May 2009, 11:06 AM   #102
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Narcissistic Personality Disorder vs Profound Mental Retardation-------

Could be both depending on the length of drool displayed and the time it took to Google the; "Hey. Look at me. I can Google witticisms and impress you all with my superior and vast intellect."

Ten seconds should have it covered with the cut and paste definition.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 12 May 2009, 11:11 AM   #103
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Newton View Post
Could be both depending on the length of drool displayed and the time it took to Google the; "Hey. Look at me. I can Google witticisms and impress you all with my superior and vast intellect."
Nah, the real measure would have been the time taken to agonise over, "Hmm, let's see, what shall I add to this cut-and-paste? Nah, not punchy enough ... too wordy ... just doesn't quite get it ... oh, I know: "Couldn't resist". Yup, that's the ticket! I'm so classy and subtle! Yucka yucka yucka!".

Terry, in the days before they revised FOI here, what I would have scribbled in the case notes would be CNSQNS before flicking it over to one of those poor sods doing the clinical stuff.
Old 12 May 2009, 11:17 AM   #104
diablojota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You see, that's the problem with the education system these days - we just don't get enough of good old handed-down common sense. Had Booster here read his Mark Twain, he would have known that it is always preferable to remain silent and appear stupid, than to speak up and remove all doubt.

Hell, if he'd gone back half as far, he might have worked out that bringing a switchblade to a gunfight is just embarrassing.
I agree with you completely. It's something that I try to instill in my students. Not always successfully.

FcB
Old 12 May 2009, 11:17 AM   #105
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nah, the real measure would have been the time taken to agonise over, "Hmm, let's see, what shall I add to this cut-and-paste? Nah, not punchy enough ... too wordy ... just doesn't quite get it ... oh, I know: "Couldn't resist". Yup, that's the ticket! I'm so classy and subtle! Yucka yucka yucka!".

Terry, in the days before they revised FOI here, what I would have scribbled in the case notes would be CNSQNS.
HAHA That's like the old song; "Hey, ho, nobody home."

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 12 May 2009, 11:22 AM   #106
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:

Terry, in the days before they revised FOI here, what I would have scribbled in the case notes would be CNSQNS before flicking it over to one of those poor sods doing the clinical stuff.
May a simple mortal like myself inquire what CNSQNS means?

I don't even know why people start this sh*t with you... but it is quite humorous to see you diagnose them with the 'footmouth disease' real quick.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 12 May 2009, 11:25 AM   #107
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Greg, CNSQNS stands for Central Nervous System Quantity Not Sufficient. What with people being given greater access to their records these days, we've had to be a bit circumspect about adding such phrases to case notes.

As for the "why" part, damned if I know - maybe my skin simply isn't thick enough for me to understand their experience of the world.
Old 12 May 2009, 11:30 AM   #108
ijen0311
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
This is a zombie thread... keeps coming back...

Old 12 May 2009, 11:31 AM   #109
diablojota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijen0311 View Post
This is a zombie thread... keeps coming back...

And it gets better and better too.

FcB
Old 12 May 2009, 11:33 AM   #110
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Greg, CNSQNS stands for Central Nervous System Quantity Not Sufficient. What with people being given greater access to their records these days, we've had to be a bit circumspect about adding such phrases to case notes.

As for the "why" part, damned if I know - maybe my skin simply isn't thick enough for me to understand their experience of the world.
My favorite was when I had the phrase; "Illegitimi non Carborundum" hanging on my wall until a patient read the English version back to me one day. Needless to say that phrase came off the wall quickly. "Don't Let The bastards Grind You Down." Great motto.

CNSQNS stands for Central Nervous System Quantity Not Sufficient. That's the line I wrote above in the old song; "Hey ho, nobody home."

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Old 12 May 2009, 11:46 AM   #111
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijen0311 View Post
This is a zombie thread... keeps coming back..
Mind you, Jen, this was brought back by a guy who wrote:

Quote:
So being of generous spirit I will leave the space below for exactly that and sign off this particular thread.
Dunno about you, but I figure it's damning proof of his being the self-aggrandising outright liar I figured him to be pretty close to the start of all his monkeyshines.
Old 12 May 2009, 11:51 AM   #112
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
I just don't understand why do people like to stir trouble... It's over, do what you said and 'sign off'. I guess there is one in every village...

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 12 May 2009, 11:53 AM   #113
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
I realize now that this thread is complex and I'm tired. Let me read this tomorrow after some sleep.
If anything I wrote makes sense tomorrow(and I doubt it will), I'll re-post it.

Last edited by unclesallie; 12 May 2009 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: discombulation of the 1st degree
Old 12 May 2009, 12:09 PM   #114
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
I just don't understand why do people like to stir trouble... It's over, do what you said and 'sign off'. I guess there is one in every village...

Greg, if we went into Freudian theory this would all be about the oral stage and how it leads people like Tiger here to develop an annoying, "Look at me! Look at me!" tendency in later life.

Now, if I went any further than that into Freudian theory, this thread would become NSFW!
Old 12 May 2009, 12:25 PM   #115
ijen0311
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesallie View Post
I realize now that this thread is complex and I'm tired. Let me read this tomorrow after some sleep.
If anything I wrote makes sense tomorrow(and I doubt it will), I'll re-post it.
Seriously. Too many big words. I don't come here to think people!

Old 12 May 2009, 12:37 PM   #116
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Time to this thread.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 12 May 2009, 12:38 PM   #117
onkyo
Banned

This thread makes me want to have a drink..... and stay out of the mental health system.

Old 12 May 2009, 12:42 PM   #118
gmt master x

Watch: 70 s gmt master.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott4079 View Post
Ax - first and foremost, start your claim with Paypal right away. There are time limits involved so go ahead and get started. It's easy to do, and the claim actually doesn't take that long to get back. And as Shelley recommended, contact your credit card and see what they say.

And secondly, if you're pretty sure the deal has genuinely gone south, I would post the guys Username here. It will save someone else on the forum from trouble in the future. It's feedback that people need to hear. It would be one thing if you just weren't satisified with your purchase, but this is plain out and out theft.
X2 paypal will help you. i got burned on a panerai last month on ebay, the seller had a perfect profile with over 100 sales. very odd times my friend. Best of luck.
Old 12 May 2009, 12:43 PM   #119
diablojota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmt master x View Post
X2 paypal will help you. i got burned on a panerai last month on ebay, the seller had a perfect profile with over 100 sales. very odd times my friend. Best of luck.
PLEASE RTFT! (read the friggin' thread)

FcB
Old 12 May 2009, 12:50 PM   #120
ijen0311
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablojota View Post
PLEASE RTFT! (read the friggin' thread)
/\ You might as well just make that your signature /\
Closed Thread