The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 22 September 2009, 01:44 AM   #1
xSiNFuLx

Icon20 *What is my Rolex worth?*

I had this Rolex given to me from a good friend and have no idea what it is. I googled it and could only find replicas. Can you tell me how much its worth, its name, etc?? Sorry for the bad quality pics I couldnt get a clear one but the last pic looks identical to my watch but is from google. please help thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1436.jpg (40.0 KB, 405 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1438.jpg (41.9 KB, 407 views)
File Type: jpg rolex_daydate_diamond_sapphire_dial_bezel_steel_oyster_replica_c.jpg (5.8 KB, 404 views)
Old 22 September 2009, 01:45 AM   #2
xSiNFuLx

oh also when I googled it the name that came up was "Rolex DayDate Diamond Sapphire Dial Bezel Steel Oyster" but I dont know if that correct
Old 22 September 2009, 01:47 AM   #3
WatchSnob

Well first I think you need to get some better pics but unless your friend is VERY wealthy and REALLY likes you I would highly suspect it is a fake as that watch would easily be over $50,000. Take the bracelet off the watch, on one side there will be the serial # post the letter at the start of the serial # and someone can give you the year it was made and then the other side has the model #, post this as well as it will help verify if the watch is all factory correct. Only then will you be able to know if your watch is legit and its true value. Without that info and good pics most will assume its a knock off.
Old 22 September 2009, 01:49 AM   #4
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
I suggest you take it to a Rolex AD tell them you are interested in selling it and ask them what they will give you for it.If they make an offer on it report back to us.They will tell you exactly what you have in your hand.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
Old 22 September 2009, 01:52 AM   #5
Idle Swede
Suspended

Fake.
Old 22 September 2009, 01:54 AM   #6
xSiNFuLx

okay thanks. and there are some numbers on it im not sure which is the actual serial number but ill post them all.. it says "rolexsa 750" "8385" "geneve swissmade 18k" and it also says "A750A" buts its so tiny i can barely see it.
Old 22 September 2009, 01:55 AM   #7
Idle Swede
Suspended

Again, it's a fake.
Old 22 September 2009, 01:56 AM   #8
xSiNFuLx

I really dont think its fake only because the person who gave it to me is very wealthy...he only buys name brand things and I cant see him buying a fake. Unless he didnt know it was fake when he bought it.
Old 22 September 2009, 01:56 AM   #9
xSiNFuLx

okay.... if its fake does it still have any value?
Old 22 September 2009, 02:04 AM   #10
Idle Swede
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSiNFuLx View Post
I really dont think its fake only because the person who gave it to me is very wealthy...he only buys name brand things and I cant see him buying a fake. Unless he didnt know it was fake when he bought it.

Very funny.
Old 22 September 2009, 02:06 AM   #11
xSiNFuLx

why is that funny and how much do you think I could get for this watch? I really have no use for it...
Old 22 September 2009, 02:41 AM   #12
cody p
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air-King 114200
as has been suggested - take it to an authorized dealer.
Old 22 September 2009, 02:53 AM   #13
swissautopro
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3.3M 1655 Mk I
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a bad vibe about the two threads this brand spankin' new poster has started? Hmmmmmmm......

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt." Unknown

"Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food." Proverbs 12
Old 22 September 2009, 02:57 AM   #14
xSiNFuLx

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissautopro View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a bad vibe about the two threads this brand spankin' new poster has started? Hmmmmmmm......
hahaha..... wtf are you talkin about?????
Old 22 September 2009, 03:02 AM   #15
swissautopro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
hahaha..... wtf are you talkin about?????
So eloquent. I am referring to the poor photos, and the threads in two different sections of the forum, asking the same questions after you have been given answers by more than qualified members of this forum. That is "wtf" I'm "talkin about".

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt." Unknown

"Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food." Proverbs 12
Old 22 September 2009, 03:12 AM   #16
xSiNFuLx

Nobody ever gave me straight answer thats why I asked again! If you read the post I apologized for the bad quality pics, my camera wouldn't take a clear one!
Old 22 September 2009, 03:30 AM   #17
choople

Watch: president day/date
wow
Old 22 September 2009, 03:42 AM   #18
xSiNFuLx

Quote:
So eloquent. I am referring to the poor photos, and the threads in two different sections of the forum, asking the same questions after you have been given answers by more than qualified members of this forum. That is "wtf" I'm "talkin about".
LOL. Also, I never claimed to be "eloquent". I dont care about that or this dumb site I just wanted to know what would be a reasonable price to sell the f****n watch for! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Old 22 September 2009, 03:49 AM   #19
R1@160@alltimes
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛
Quote:
LOL. Also, I never claimed to be "eloquent". I dont care about that or this dumb site I just wanted to know what would be a reasonable price to sell the f****n watch for! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
I'll give you sinful 5 bucks for it
Old 22 September 2009, 03:49 AM   #20
DRAWTOOL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M & 16570
Quote:
Sorta says it all don't it....
Old 22 September 2009, 03:54 AM   #21
zseriessub

Taking into consideration the watch's value should it be authentic and its actual state of authenticity, my formal price qoute is -$50,000
Old 22 September 2009, 04:00 AM   #22
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
WOW!! For a newbie, you are very eloquent. And if that's really you in your avatar (and you do look beautiful), then I can't blame the guy who parted with such an expensive gift in your favour.

Well, your pics tell us absolutely NOTHING about that watch, but the whole thing looks just too good to be true.....and you know what they say about anything that looks too good to be true.

If it's a FAKE (which it most probably is), then it's worth bugger all!!

If it's GENUINE, you need to hitch up with the guy who gave that to you!!

Good luck - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 22 September 2009, 04:12 AM   #23
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbum View Post
I suggest you take it to a Rolex AD tell them you are interested in selling it and ask them what they will give you for it.If they make an offer on it report back to us.They will tell you exactly what you have in your hand.
Amanda I suggest you do as I said above and report back to us.
Go to www.Rolex.com and look up an authorized dealer near you and drive there ASAP.Look in your local newspaper there might be a few guys with big ads we buy watches call them as well.Than please report back to us what they said and the real offer they gave you.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
Old 22 September 2009, 04:14 AM   #24
swissautopro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Go to www.Rolex.com and look up an authorized dealer near you and drive there ASAP.Than please report back to us what they said and the real offer they gave you.
Now, Amanda, for the second time, Nikos has given you very good, straight foward advice. There is nothing more anyone here can do for you given the information you have provided.

Old 22 September 2009, 04:22 AM   #25
xSiNFuLx

Quote:
Now, Amanda, for the second time, Nikos has given you very good, straight foward advice. There is nothing more anyone here can do for you given the information you have provided.

Yes I realize that and I plan to do so! By the way the condescending tone really is not necessary. In case you haven't noticed I'm an 18 year old girl, not a Rolex enthusiast. Thanks
Old 22 September 2009, 04:22 AM   #26
xSiNFuLx

Quote:
Go to www.Rolex.com and look up an authorized dealer near you and drive there ASAP.Look in your local newspaper there might be a few guys with big ads we buy watches call them as well.Than please report back to us what they said and the real offer they gave you.
Thanks for the advice, will do!!
Old 22 September 2009, 04:25 AM   #27
kotsos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Are you kidding me???? First of all you are being totally disrespectful. I am actually amazed how other members still gave advice after you referred to the site as "dumb".

Second your story of "oh look I am a pretty face who has what looks like a 50000 dollar watch that I don't want" sounds fishy to me. If you are looking for a victim who will offer you any money at all for a watch we cannot even see clearly in the photos then I am afraid you chose the wrong forum. Sorry but I am afraid we are not that "dumb".

Third, even if your story is true, and this was a gift from a wealthy friend, I dare not think what this friend got in return. And if our predictions come true, that is, that the watch is FAKE, then that makes YOU the dumb one.

I am sorry, but where I am from, I learned to speak my mind out loud.
Old 22 September 2009, 04:31 AM   #28
xSiNFuLx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsos View Post
Are you kidding me???? First of all you are being totally disrespectful. I am actually amazed how other members still gave advice after you referred to the site as "dumb".

Second your story of "oh look I am a pretty face who has what looks like a 50000 dollar watch that I don't want" sounds fishy to me. If you are looking for a victim who will offer you any money at all for a watch we cannot even see clearly in the photos then I am afraid you chose the wrong forum. Sorry but I am afraid we are not that "dumb".

Third, even if your story is true, and this was a gift from a wealthy friend, I dare not think what this friend got in return. And if our predictions come true, that is, that the watch is FAKE, then that makes YOU the dumb one.

I am sorry, but where I am from, I learned to speak my mind out loud.
Actually Im not looking to sell the watch online at all! I just wanted an opinion from someone who was more educated about watches than myself! Obviously I know nothing about Rolexes. When I posted a thread asking about it, all I got was sarcasm! I did get a few valid responses ( thank you for that ). The watch was given to me (FOR FREE) so it would only make me dumb if I had paid for it. Also, you trying to assume that my friend got some sort of "favor" in return for the watch is completely false! He happens to be very generous! Thanks for your input though
Old 22 September 2009, 04:33 AM   #29
kotsos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Actually Im not looking to sell the watch online at all! I just wanted an opinion from someone who was more educated about watches than myself! Obviously I know nothing about Rolexes. When I posted a thread asking about it, all I got was sarcasm! I did get a few valid responses ( thank you for that ). The watch was given to me (FOR FREE) so it would only make me dumb if I had paid for it. Also, you trying to assume that my friend got some sort of "favor" in return for the watch is completely false! He happens to be very generous! Thanks for your input though

Sure, no problem.
Old 22 September 2009, 04:39 AM   #30
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Quote:
oh also when I googled it the name that came up was "Rolex DayDate Diamond Sapphire Dial Bezel Steel Oyster" but I dont know if that correct
It isn't correct. Rolex Day Date watches have a curved window at the top of the dial in which the day of the week is displayed, similar to the stock photo you posted and the one below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mens_White_Gold_Pa-2879-1.jpg (19.7 KB, 262 views)
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Closed Thread