The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 22 September 2009, 05:45 PM   #121
kotsos
"TRF" Member

I do not think that anyone is accusing her of prostitution for God's sake! However, it is customary for "close" friends to make gifts to one another. Also let us not lose scope that we do not know any information about this Amanda. You do not know that she is 18. Personally I suspect the following and call me suspiscious but I learned to be one during my years on this earth.

Wonder this. Why would someone who only joins the forum to learn how much a watch is worth put the effort into posting a photo in her profile? Unless this was part of a plan.

The plan was to pose as an 18 year old girl, who somehow got a hold of a really expensive Rolex. She admitted numerous times that she is not an expert and that she did not have any use for it and that she wanted to sell it. Also it is not by accident that the photo in the first post is blurry.

When she saw that the rest of the people were not buying her story she was forced to post a clearer photo with the hope still of finding someone gullible to offer to buy the watch from her. She did not know that the experts would immediately see that the watch was a fake.

And take her reaction. If someone tells me that I have a 50000 dollars watch in my possession only to find out that it is a fake, I would be pissed to say the least. She just laughed through it as if nothing was happening.

It is clear that her intentions were not of good nature she just did not get the chance to realise her plan.

I would not be surprised if I saw this same post in other forums as well.

Conspiracy theory??? Maybe, but better safe than sorry.
Old 22 September 2009, 05:53 PM   #122
Black Bay Dan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsos View Post
Are you kidding me???? First of all you are being totally disrespectful. I am actually amazed how other members still gave advice after you referred to the site as "dumb".

Second your story of "oh look I am a pretty face who has what looks like a 50000 dollar watch that I don't want" sounds fishy to me. If you are looking for a victim who will offer you any money at all for a watch we cannot even see clearly in the photos then I am afraid you chose the wrong forum. Sorry but I am afraid we are not that "dumb".

Third, even if your story is true, and this was a gift from a wealthy friend, I dare not think what this friend got in return. And if our predictions come true, that is, that the watch is FAKE, then that makes YOU the dumb one.

I am sorry, but where I am from, I learned to speak my mind out loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsos View Post
I point you to what I said on page 2. If this "friend" has half a brain and if I am right he probably got something worth more than 20 dollars in return. In kind that is.......
I think you should re-read your posts. Unless the definition of prostitution has been changed recently, I think that is exactly what you are accusing her of!

Dan
Old 22 September 2009, 05:58 PM   #123
kotsos
"TRF" Member

After calling the forum dumb and using profanity you try to defend her. Meh, I had enough of this thread. Whatever dude.....
Old 22 September 2009, 07:58 PM   #124
roach13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air King Dan View Post
I can't believe it is acceptable for people on here to basically accuse an 18 year old girl of what is tantamount to prostitution, when all they wanted was an idea of what a watch they had been given was worth. Not impressed at all!

Dan
+1 on this. Some of you guys need to get a life.
Old 22 September 2009, 08:06 PM   #125
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSiNFuLx View Post
do you not have anything better to do? if you don't have any valuable input then GTFO thanks :)
Its a fake. You know it and we know it. Lets move on.
Old 22 September 2009, 08:08 PM   #126
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSiNFuLx View Post
Hmm and how was I supposed to know that? That's exactly why I came here in the first place. Sorry I'm not a Rolex expert...I don't have all day to sit around and patrol the forums like some people. So don't act like I'm retarded because I don't know Rolex models. Apparently the "AD" didn't know much about it either! Thanks everyone else for your help!!!

Closed Thread