The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: There will be a Premium for the Snoopy 50?
No premium, maybe will get at discount 26 15.38%
$1000-5000 60 35.50%
$5000-10000 40 23.67%
Above $10000 43 25.44%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 November 2020, 12:18 AM   #1
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Crystal ball game

Let’s play the Crystal ball game, for fun.

Keeping in consideration all the information we gathered, the new Omega business model, the COVID19 effect, and the differences in list’s rule (US, Asia, Europe... etc), what is your feeling on the value of the New Snoopy on the secondary market:

1. It will not have a premium (might even resell at discount ~15%)

2. It will have a premium $1000-5000

3. It will have a premium $5000-10000

4. It will have a premium >$10000

My bet is that the reference will be at option 4 for the first year. It might drop a bit going to option 3, when they will deliver the first bunch of watches and reopen the lists in US.
It may have some long term appreciation when the reference will be discontinued (realistically 2025).
This only if Omega maintains the low rate of productions and the flippers are kept under control.

What do you guys think?
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2020, 01:55 AM   #2
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Thanks to the first voters!
So far no votes for option 1, quite interesting, as some early comments on this reference were on the line “this will be Oprah style, everybody gets a Snoopy 50” and “Omega is owned by Swatch, so they are for profit, so they will flood the market”.

To revise some of the tubers opinions:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WwWRo8VHDSg&t=15s
He is envisioning an hefty premium.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YIYXmgzIPAI&t=1273s
He was also envisioning a premium.

Not that I necessarily trust their judgement, but just to put together the pieces of the puzzle.

Do we have any commentator that is putting this reference at No premium or at discount?

My feeling is that the Snoopy will never be on display (at OBs and ADs), which is something I really like.
Old 18 November 2020, 11:45 AM   #3
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Personally I'm just hoping for a standard speedmaster professional with the 3861 movement and an adjustable clasp. Would love to still have the hesalite crystal. Hopefully no added thickness to the case design, would be great if thin. Bonus points if the bracelet is smooth, comfy, and tapers.
TimeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2020, 04:35 AM   #4
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
Personally I'm just hoping for a standard speedmaster professional with the 3861 movement and an adjustable clasp. Would love to still have the hesalite crystal. Hopefully no added thickness to the case design, would be great if thin. Bonus points if the bracelet is smooth, comfy, and tapers.
I was considering getting a similar speedy with the updated movement, but with the sapphire glass.
Then, the Snoopy came.

Anyway, thanks to all the participants. So far about 89% see the reference coming with a premium on the secondary market.
We will see who is right, sooner or later!

I don't think we will have many pieces available in the market soon, if we get any between now and March, I bet someone will try to sell for an initial premium above 10K.

After we are done with the initial craziness, maybe it will stabilize around 5-6K.
Old 22 November 2020, 04:49 AM   #5
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

I posted a reply but for some reason it never registered...

Almost too lazy to post again. But here’s my two cents:

Every watch brands wants to have a halo watch. It’s that watch that drives interest in the overall brand, and keeps customers interested. How many of us have AD relationships with Rolex to get those hard to find references?

Omega could not have wished for anything better, not only is this that halo watch for the overall brand, but it’s a halo watch for the Moonwatch family of watches - their most historied family. The Snoopy line is going to lift the entire Omega brand, and it will sell a LOT more standard Moonwatches, especially after they put the 3861 movement into the standard Moonwatch.

Omega will keep the quantities low on the Snoopy 50, no more than 5k watches the first year, and then a trickle the next 2-3 years after that. Maybe 2-3k watches/year. They will do this not because they want to establish an aftermarket premium on the Snoopy 50 (they’re trying to vet every customer to make sure they aren’t flippers, and actual buyers). They are going to do it because they finally have a halo watch now, and they will protect that. The high aftermarket premium will be a by product of this. It would be foolish to sell a few extra thousand Snoopys, when they can sell 50 thousand more standard 3861 Speedmasters. And why have the watch not be a limited edition with a numbered set? So customers can keep coming in to ask about it, and instead buy a standard Speedmaster or look at all the other watches Omega has to offer.

When they hold the supply to Snoopy 50 to this trickle, the premium is going to be at least 50%+.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2020, 10:26 AM   #6
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
I posted a reply but for some reason it never registered...

Almost too lazy to post again. But here’s my two cents:

Every watch brands wants to have a halo watch. It’s that watch that drives interest in the overall brand, and keeps customers interested. How many of us have AD relationships with Rolex to get those hard to find references?

Omega could not have wished for anything better, not only is this that halo watch for the overall brand, but it’s a halo watch for the Moonwatch family of watches - their most historied family. The Snoopy line is going to lift the entire Omega brand, and it will sell a LOT more standard Moonwatches, especially after they put the 3861 movement into the standard Moonwatch.

Omega will keep the quantities low on the Snoopy 50, no more than 5k watches the first year, and then a trickle the next 2-3 years after that. Maybe 2-3k watches/year. They will do this not because they want to establish an aftermarket premium on the Snoopy 50 (they’re trying to vet every customer to make sure they aren’t flippers, and actual buyers). They are going to do it because they finally have a halo watch now, and they will protect that. The high aftermarket premium will be a by product of this. It would be foolish to sell a few extra thousand Snoopys, when they can sell 50 thousand more standard 3861 Speedmasters. And why have the watch not be a limited edition with a numbered set? So customers can keep coming in to ask about it, and instead buy a standard Speedmaster or look at all the other watches Omega has to offer.

When they hold the supply to Snoopy 50 to this trickle, the premium is going to be at least 50%+.
This. Spot on imo. To touch on the branding thing I've always felt Omega have always desperatly wanted to 'be Rolex in terms of that exclusive thing, it's the one thing they have always lagged behind with and that is evident in the fact you can walk into any AD and a) find a Seamaster b) get a good discount. They WANT what Rolex have..that a) you cant find a Submariner (as its hiding in a safe out back) b) you won't get a DIME off it if they let you take it..no discount.

I think now we've seen the bond and this watch as non LE it does look at least like they might start to adopt the LP stratergy instead and long term may reach that 'submariner' status for the 'seamaster' motif

I agree this is the perfect watch to do that with as a starting point and I for one laughed at the people who were typing "It's not limited i'm going to wait until next year and grab one" from the 5th October
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2020, 01:22 AM   #7
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Well well well, we can make some partial conclusions:
- Vast majority of the participants (>87%) expect a premium for the Snoopy
- 45% envision a premium that will be 5K or above

Now, I'm convinced Omega created the perfect recipe to make this watch desirable and to support the value retention.
Omega has the power of making this work and as Rollieo says, create a halo watch.
Omega and ADs have also the power of destroying this very easily, with one single move just putting the watch on display for sale.
Since all the pieces are already assigned, this should never happen.
Plus, they are not so naive and they know very well how to play this game.

Flippers control and availability in the store are key. The first watches are expected for the holiday season in Europe and US.
We will see what happen by the end of the year.
If the number of Snoopy available on the secondary market stays contained, this will be a big success for the brand and for the Speedmaster lovers.

I'm also happy this is not a LE. This business model works well with "steel sport hard to get" references. We have one that is exactly like that, has the new movement and the caseback complication (first time for a Speedy).
This is a winner!
Old 25 November 2020, 03:37 AM   #8
jumpmaster 175
"TRF" Member

Omega PLEASE!

Dear Omega,
Please give us an Omega Speedmaster Professional with a ceramic bezel insert, a plain steel caseback, panda dial with a red second hand.

Oh, one more thing...please have the entire watch brushed finished
Last one I promise...please knock off all the Limited Edition BS, and easy on all the "moon" references

Thank you
jumpmaster 175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2020, 10:58 AM   #9
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpmaster 175 View Post
Omega PLEASE!

Dear Omega,
Please give us an Omega Speedmaster Professional with a ceramic bezel insert, a plain steel caseback, panda dial with a red second hand.

Oh, one more thing...please have the entire watch brushed finished
Last one I promise...please knock off all the Limited Edition BS, and easy on all the "moon" references

Thank you

This is like asking Rolex to give us plenty of panda white dial chronograph with ceramic bezel in stainless steel. Well guess what, they won’t do it. Why? Obviously because it will dilute the Daytona.

It’s not so special if all the watches have the same features. Omega reserves panda dials for those special watches.

I for one like the limited editions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 November 2020, 02:24 AM   #10
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Still nothing in the wild.
No incoming posts.
Nothing on secondary market.
Nothing at Omega Boutique.
December is coming; if things stay this way and they release some Xmas pieces, the premium will be stable and at least 5K.

I’m wondering how many customers are getting their deposits back.
Old 29 November 2020, 03:38 AM   #11
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Why would they - it’s been less than 2 months. Unless they were just looking to flip. A few months between release and deliveries starting is normal. Factor the uncertainty with COVID in and it makes more sense. The consensus on the other forum is that Q1 is more likely.

Why so concerned with the premium?
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2020, 04:13 AM   #12
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Because we payed the watch in full, and given the situation and the production rate estimate, many customers will be required to wait more than 2 years.
So some physiological drop out will happen, for sure.
I’m interested in monitoring flippers and the premium because if I’m waiting years to get a reference that I payed in full, I want it to retain the value. Having 10 K blocked on a piece that is dropping value on the secondary market will be crazy.
I don’t think this scenario will happen, but I’d rather have as much information as possible on market, distribution and availability.
Old 29 November 2020, 04:46 AM   #13
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Compared to the previous snoopy, the new snoopy does not imho capture that special something.

It is a nice watch much like many of the previous Speedy anniversary offerings But not quite special in its magic as the previous snoopy. I would expect a modest premium at this time but not so certain about the value retention down the road?

Off topic but I am also very interested in the predictions for the 321. There have been many strong opinions on this forum that the watch was over priced and the market will not support it.
Old 29 November 2020, 05:26 AM   #14
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Compared to the previous snoopy, the new snoopy does not imho capture that special something.

It is a nice watch much like many of the previous Speedy anniversary offerings But not quite special in its magic as the previous snoopy. I would expect a modest premium at this time but not so certain about the value retention down the road?

Off topic but I am also very interested in the predictions for the 321. There have been many strong opinions on this forum that the watch was over priced and the market will not support it.
I agree with your sentiments. Anyone who thinks this will be trading at a snoopy 2/ Daytona type premium may be disappointed. There will be too many of them for that IMO. I do suspect it will be similar to the Apollo 11 and hold value well and trade at a slight premium.

The 321 is a funny one. I think it’s gorgeous but in the small number of cases on the grey market so far they are not flying off the shelves. Retail is £12k and the first greys went up at £17k. There was no interest and at least 2 have dropped their ask to £15.5k with a private sale up for £14.5k

The problem is that at that price point you need to be a serious omega/speedmaster fan to be contemplating buying one grey - even at retail it’s got stiff competition. It won’t have a broad enough fan base to trade a lot higher and many of those that would contemplate doing so would have a hard deal choosing this at £20k over a Daytona at the same price.

In many ways, that’s why I think this snoopy is not the second coming. It’s the hype and pump and dump kids who keep bigging it up in the hope of easy cash like the last one. The reality is that in most cases if you keep value there or there abouts you’ll be doing quite well.
Old 29 November 2020, 05:38 AM   #15
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
Because we payed the watch in full, and given the situation and the production rate estimate, many customers will be required to wait more than 2 years.
So some physiological drop out will happen, for sure.
I’m interested in monitoring flippers and the premium because if I’m waiting years to get a reference that I payed in full, I want it to retain the value. Having 10 K blocked on a piece that is dropping value on the secondary market will be crazy.
I don’t think this scenario will happen, but I’d rather have as much information as possible on market, distribution and availability.
Right, but you were saying people would be getting a deposit back because they’d heard nothing in 2 months......not bacause they were waiting 2 years.

So if this watch doesn’t go up in the secondary, you don’t want it? Nothing wrong with that but What if it stays flat?
Old 29 November 2020, 06:01 AM   #16
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
I agree with your sentiments. Anyone who thinks this will be trading at a snoopy 2/ Daytona type premium may be disappointed. There will be too many of them for that IMO. I do suspect it will be similar to the Apollo 11 and hold value well and trade at a slight premium.

The 321 is a funny one. I think it’s gorgeous but in the small number of cases on the grey market so far they are not flying off the shelves. Retail is £12k and the first greys went up at £17k. There was no interest and at least 2 have dropped their ask to £15.5k with a private sale up for £14.5k

The problem is that at that price point you need to be a serious omega/speedmaster fan to be contemplating buying one grey - even at retail it’s got stiff competition. It won’t have a broad enough fan base to trade a lot higher and many of those that would contemplate doing so would have a hard deal choosing this at £20k over a Daytona at the same price.

In many ways, that’s why I think this snoopy is not the second coming. It’s the hype and pump and dump kids who keep bigging it up in the hope of easy cash like the last one. The reality is that in most cases if you keep value there or there abouts you’ll be doing quite well.
Good points.

I hadn’t noticed them on secondary, interesting experience there.

Perhaps I am being a bit dense but I am convinced the 321 still needs soak in time for most to get its significance. I am of the opinion that in a years time the appreciation for the 321 will begin to take root among a broader audience of collectors.

You also raise a good point about the choice between the Daytona vs the speedy. I agree the choice will go to the Daytona by a large majority. Even though the Daytona still will sell for significant amount more.

Objectively looking at the two (black dial) side by side (both ~39mm), the speedy with new bracelet, movement and ceramic bezel holds its own and brings the famous speedy legibility.

Old 29 November 2020, 06:18 AM   #17
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Right, but you were saying people would be getting a deposit back because they’d heard nothing in 2 months......not bacause they were waiting 2 years.

So if this watch doesn’t go up in the secondary, you don’t want it? Nothing wrong with that but What if it stays flat?
Well, I’m wondering how many people will drop, sooner or later.
My Omega associate told me they were expecting some dropping, but so far has been very limited. Now that we know that Covid is delaying everything, I guess that the ballpark delivery estimates that customers received will be impacted.

I like the watch, so I will leave my full deposit.
Of course I want the reference to hold its value (and actually get some appreciation).
If the market gets flooded, I will not be wasting my money, I will get the watch from the secondary market at discount!

Do you guys really think that Omega will release so many Snoopy 50?
I bet production will be around 8000-10000 for the next 3 years.
With this slow rate of production holding the value is definitely achievable.
I also believe that this piece will have more demand than the A11.
Furthermore the case back makes it the first Speedy with this complication.
Increasing The collectibility, if numbers stay low.

Keeping all in consideration, I believe it will hold value and actually have a decent premium.
Old 29 November 2020, 06:19 AM   #18
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Good points.

I hadn’t noticed them on secondary, interesting experience there.

Perhaps I am being a bit dense but I am convinced the 321 still needs soak in time for most to get its significance. I am of the opinion that in a years time the appreciation for the 321 will begin to take root among a broader audience of collectors.

You also raise a good point about the choice between the Daytona vs the speedy. I agree the choice will go to the Daytona by a large majority. Even though the Daytona still will sell for significant amount more.

Objectively looking at the two (black dial) side by side (both ~39mm), the speedy with new bracelet, movement and ceramic bezel holds its own and brings the famous speedy legibility.

I agree with you - of the 2, I much prefer the 321 for the reasons you state (I had a black ceramic Daytona a couple of years ago and flogged it within 4 months). Whether that resonates with the Instagram crowd and others who wear watches for the wow factor is the question I guess - but there’s no doubt that the last Apollo 11, this snoopy and the 321 are opening up omega to new punters, who are maybe fed up with the Rolex games so you may indeed be right.

In many ways, I’m half tempted to jump on one at a small premium. It’s a terrific piece, and according to my boutique I’m about 90th on the list!
Old 29 November 2020, 06:29 AM   #19
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, I’m wondering how many people will drop, sooner or later.
My Omega associate told me they were expecting some dropping, but so far has been very limited. Now that we know that Covid is delaying everything, I guess that the ballpark delivery estimates that customers received will be impacted.

I like the watch, so I will leave my full deposit.
Of course I want the reference to hold its value (and actually get some appreciation).
If the market gets flooded, I will not be wasting my money, I will get the watch from the secondary market at discount!

Do you guys really think that Omega will release so many Snoopy 50?
I bet production will be around 8000-10000 for the next 3 years.
With this slow rate of production holding the value is definitely achievable.
I also believe that this piece will have more demand than the A11.
Furthermore the case back makes it the first Speedy with this complication.
Increasing The collectibility, if numbers stay low.

Keeping all in consideration, I believe it will hold value and actually have a decent premium.
I sure think it will hold value - I don’t think that’s in too much doubt and I do of course understand your point about buying grey if needed.

I don’t think omega will totally flood with these, But 8-10k is a lot of watches and probably not a bad estimate. The Apollo 11 sold out pretty well and was an equally important anniversary for many, so they proved the market could take 7k.

It is indeed possible as you say that this may have more demand than the Apollo - its a sportier and more fun watch which may appeal to the younger client base more than the more classic Apollo. Personally, I don’t think the caseback adds much apart from being a gimmick. I remember buying open backed watches, and after the first 2 days I never looked at the movement again. I could see the same happening here.

But all told, I don’t think there’s any danger of this losing value in the short term. It’s longer term where as you mention people lose interest and they are still producing watches that they may have an issue. They would do well to fill the 7-8k watches in a year like they did the Apollo and strike while the iron is hot.
Old 29 November 2020, 06:33 AM   #20
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I agree with you - of the 2, I much prefer the 321 for the reasons you state (I had a black ceramic Daytona a couple of years ago and flogged it within 4 months). Whether that resonates with the Instagram crowd and others who wear watches for the wow factor is the question I guess - but there’s no doubt that the last Apollo 11, this snoopy and the 321 are opening up omega to new punters, who are maybe fed up with the Rolex games so you may indeed be right.

In many ways, I’m half tempted to jump on one at a small premium. It’s a terrific piece, and according to my boutique I’m about 90th on the list!
Also had the black ceramic Daytona and released it after a few months.

I am optimistic the 321 (when it finally arrives) is going to have a place in my small collection.

Get yours
Old 29 November 2020, 06:58 AM   #21
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I sure think it will hold value - I don’t think that’s in too much doubt and I do of course understand your point about buying grey if needed.

I don’t think omega will totally flood with these, But 8-10k is a lot of watches and probably not a bad estimate. The Apollo 11 sold out pretty well and was an equally important anniversary for many, so they proved the market could take 7k.

It is indeed possible as you say that this may have more demand than the Apollo - its a sportier and more fun watch which may appeal to the younger client base more than the more classic Apollo. Personally, I don’t think the caseback adds much apart from being a gimmick. I remember buying open backed watches, and after the first 2 days I never looked at the movement again. I could see the same happening here.

But all told, I don’t think there’s any danger of this losing value in the short term. It’s longer term where as you mention people lose interest and they are still producing watches that they may have an issue. They would do well to fill the 7-8k watches in a year like they did the Apollo and strike while the iron is hot.
I see your points. The only thing I don’t agree with is the “7-8K watches in a year”. They communicated the production rate for the first 12 months with 2000 pieces. Boutiques were given this number for the first year.
So it’s very unlikely they will release more.
They will maintain a similar rate (maybe a bit higher to make the people with deposits not to wait too long) for year 2 and 3.
That’s why the realistic estimate in 3 years run is 8-10K.
But I don’t see Omega making and releasing 7k watches on year 2.
That would not make sense.
Production rate should be very contained. Otherwise, the Snoopy will lose value.
Old 29 November 2020, 07:25 AM   #22
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=Ringhio;11092918]I see your points. The only thing I don’t agree with is the “7-8K watches in a year”. They communicated the production rate for the first 12 months with 2000 pieces. Boutiques were given this number for the first year.
They will maintain a similar rate (maybe a bit higher to make the people with deposits not to wait too long) for year 2 and 3.
Production rate should be very contained. Otherwise, the Snoopy will lose value.[/

To be fair, they released 7k Apollo’s in one year, and it hasn’t done that any harm. As a 50th anniversary too, it would make sense to do it for this given it says it on the dial! The danger is that those who wait lose interest as omega will doubtless release something else which captures the imagination. But hey, let’s see. Will be interesting to see where it goes.
Old 29 November 2020, 07:38 AM   #23
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=Stevec14;11092948]
Quote:
I see your points. The only thing I don’t agree with is the “7-8K watches in a year”. They communicated the production rate for the first 12 months with 2000 pieces. Boutiques were given this number for the first year.
Production rate should be very contained. Otherwise, the Snoopy will lose value.[/

To be fair, they released 7k Apollo’s in one year, and it hasn’t done that any harm. As a 50th anniversary too, it would make sense to do it for this given it says it on the dial! The danger is that those who wait lose interest as omega will doubtless release something else which captures the imagination. But hey, let’s see. Will be interesting to see where it goes.
Yep, we will see. That’s why this is funny! ;)

I don’t think anybody really cares about being the “50 anniversary” in terms of having it delivered not in the year of the anniversary.

Look at the LV... it was a celebration for the 50 anniversary of the Sub in 2003. Still pretty hot today I would say. People getting the 50 anniversary celebratory piece 67 years after. Nobody cares about the incongruity.
Old 29 November 2020, 09:02 AM   #24
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The demand for the snoopy 50 will be much much much higher than the Apollo 11 50th.

They made 1970 pieces for Snoopy 45, retails at $8k, sold out during Basel world release. Now sells for $40k+.

OB deposits in the US closed the day after release. I was lucky enough to be on one with a full deposit. Multiple other ADs wouldn’t even put me on a wait list.

I’ve heard the demand is surprisingly crazy in the Asian markets. Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong particularly. I’ve heard the waiting list at OBs in signature is at 4 digits.

If they go on the high end of your estimate at 10k watches total, it still won’t satisfy all the demand. This will be nothing like the 321 or the Apollo 11 50.

Old 29 November 2020, 09:11 AM   #25
greengold
Banned

Quote:
The demand for the snoopy 50 will be much much much higher than the Apollo 11 50th.

They made 1970 pieces for Snoopy 45, retails at $8k, sold out during Basel world release. Now sells for $40k+.

OB deposits in the US closed the day after release. I was lucky enough to be on one with a full deposit. Multiple other ADs wouldn’t even put me on a wait list.

I’ve heard the demand is surprisingly crazy in the Asian markets. Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong particularly. I’ve heard the waiting list at OBs in signature is at 4 digits.

If they go on the high end of your estimate at 10k watches total, it still won’t satisfy all the demand. This will be nothing like the 321 or the Apollo 11 50.

Waiting for the "but 45th was limited edition"..
Old 29 November 2020, 09:31 AM   #26
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
Lol, agree.
Who cares about the LE? Way better a limited production!
116500LN better LE or LP?

I don’t get why Omega should have infinite series of LE to make a reference appealing. That actually destroys the brand.
I like that they are not doing this with the Snoopy 50th.
It was a pretty clever move.
Keep the number below 10k in 3 years, then reduce production even more and finally discontinue for the Snoopy 4... and we will all be happy campers!
Old 29 November 2020, 11:44 AM   #27
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Let’s just say they made 10k of the 45th. What do you think the price on the secondary market would be right now instead of $40k+?

I’d say $20-25k.

Old 29 November 2020, 05:53 PM   #28
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What do Tim Mosso or watchfinder say
Old 29 November 2020, 06:32 PM   #29
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You’ve heard a lot. Might be true, might not.

I think it will be quite similar to the Apollo in the long run and trade at a small premium - there will be far more of these (10k was your friend’s estimate) that the 45th and with so many speculators the market will have many more of these for sale I’d expect. I think in the long run that this will stop this sky rocketing, but I could be wrong of course. you are right it won’t be like the 321. That will be much harder to get than this. You are welcome to your view however as I am to mine.

Let’s hope it works out for those who are banking on it rising in value. I’ll await the incomings
Old 30 November 2020, 12:52 AM   #30
greengold
Banned

Quote:
What do Tim Mosso or watchfinder say
$20-30k watchbox
watchfinder dont have any yet be interesting to see what the first one goes up for