The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 March 2017, 05:31 AM   #1
b_hol
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5167A / SD4K
Jumbo 15202

Is it hard to find a Jumbo 15202 at US AD? What is msrp? Could you swing a discount on this piece?
b_hol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2017, 10:53 AM   #2
rijowysock
"TRF" Member

Watch: URWERK
the 15202 is a limited production piece (read: not limited edition, not numbered.. just production is limited due to the movement inside)

this being said most if not all AD's will NOT have it in stock because they probably get 1 a year and then it's already pre-lined up for sale.. or they ask full retail and it sits there..

your best bet (this coming from a 15202 obsessed person who has owned almost 10 of them total and still has his originally bought one from nearly 10 years ago).. is finding one used or getting an AD to promise you their next one for discount.

the newest model is badass, matching date wheel.. AP bottom of dial... bracelet is much improved.. worth every penny at retail but worth the deal even more at discounted price.

if you travel a lot.. check london, spain, greece, instanbul... lots of deals to be had there now... london is higher cause GBP but the stores are discounting.. in paris you would be euro and VAT refund makes it instantly less... plus could prob nego discount.. if you go to islands in summer... you can snag in st maarten or st barths cheap cause againm euro..

goodluck w/ the hunt, i promise you'll love the watch for a while... so again it's worth retail but the hunt might make the story fun to tell down the road..
rijowysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2017, 10:56 AM   #3
rijowysock
"TRF" Member

Watch: URWERK
forgot to mention, IF you're going to say screw the work and pay retail... i can contact xavier from AP (North american CEO) and prob get you quite a few perks while buying it at boutique in NY/Miami... they love new customers who want great pieces... they do not discount 1 dime but if you're good at golf they'll invite to pro-am, or invite you to factory.. etc etc etc.. lots of perks to be had.
rijowysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 02:18 AM   #4
Sir Larry Wildman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, FPJ, IWC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijowysock View Post
forgot to mention, IF you're going to say screw the work and pay retail... i can contact xavier from AP (North american CEO) and prob get you quite a few perks while buying it at boutique in NY/Miami... they love new customers who want great pieces... they do not discount 1 dime but if you're good at golf they'll invite to pro-am, or invite you to factory.. etc etc etc.. lots of perks to be had.
damn, i wish i knew that before i bought my 15202 at the nyc boutique!
Sir Larry Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 04:13 AM   #5
Tay821
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow that actually sounds like its worth paying MSRP. What is it again? I'd do that just for the golf invite or factory tour
Tay821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 10:14 AM   #6
S Cameron
"TRF" Member

Icon10

Quote:
Agrees with Riley, I was invited to join AP golf event once. The event was well organized and fun. Good luck with your hunt.
S Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 10:26 AM   #7
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Quote:
That's awesome if you
Hope I remember this thread when I'm ready