The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 31 May 2020, 08:08 AM   #1
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master ll
Invicta diving watch water resistant to 200m

Let me start by saying I own about 4 Rolexes right now including the one in my wife just got me as my wedding gift. I have a GMT Master II 11 6 7 10 LN the 126 300 as well as my 16710 Pepsi GMT and my two tone datejust from the 80s.

I have to say for the kind of price these Invicta watches are, in fact I bough a stainless steel a two-tone and a two-tone GMT version and this gold of course pleated gold conversion give or take the prices go from about a hundred to $120 for an automatic movement Japanese movement but my main question is can you really dive with one of these watches and expect it to still be taking when you're out of the water.

I'd like to know first of all what everyone feels these watches do to Rolex themselves and I know there's been post out there about this, l but Invicta in particular makes a pretty decent looking watch even the feel is okay in my opinion so what does it do for the brand of Rolex as well as is the quality really what they say it is in terms of water resistance and accuracy as well as longevity by all means please give me your opinions.

Secondary question is regarding a comparison was this watch really put out there to compare and imitate a Rolex or was it really done to imitate a Seiko which some have said much more compares to it.

Please do give me your opinions I'm very curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this thank you and Godspeed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1590875525612-1096325408.jpg (139.3 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg 1590876258973760765060.jpg (195.0 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg 15908762776401273144680.jpg (171.2 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg 15908763073411772420179.jpg (195.1 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg 15908763597361047828520.jpg (159.1 KB, 157 views)
Old 31 May 2020, 08:53 AM   #2
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Yuck
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 08:55 AM   #3
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Yuck
Well one of them is a Swiss made watch or at least a movement is a Swiss Movement
Old 31 May 2020, 08:56 AM   #4
madmax21
"TRF" Member

I understand but we have to also respect the fact that there's more than just three or four Swiss brands of watches even though these are true Swiss watches and I do own for Rolexes I mean I own about 45 watches that being said they can't all be rolex's
Old 31 May 2020, 09:05 AM   #5
DoDe
"TRF" Member

This is a joke OP. Right?
DoDe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 09:12 AM   #6
Aircraftman
"TRF" Member

I use a Seiko dive watch when actually diving. A literal tool watch. I would never take one of my Rolex watches on a wreck dive, dive boat or to some of the remote parts of the world I’ve visited on dive trips. Too much risk for damage or loss.

My Rolex watches are more jewelry than a tool to me.

So for some situations a Seiko (or Invicta) is best. Other situations call or allow for the Rolex. There is a place for both

IMHO

Favorite watch: Seiko Orange Monster cause when I’m wearing it I’m diving in some far flung corner of the planet!
Aircraftman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 09:18 AM   #7
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoDe View Post
This is a joke OP. Right?
Look I will be honest with you the intention was with some degree of humour in mind
Old 31 May 2020, 09:37 AM   #8
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Seiko and SS Pro Diver are alright. GMT is cool because the design isn't copied afaik. Vostok Amphibia is it? I like the unique take on water resistance. That fully gold plated awful 16618 copy though. No way I'd wear that. I kinda get it but don't buy any more of this stuff. I bought a Sekonda a few years ago just because I liked the look of it!
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 09:37 AM   #9
iTreelex
"TRF" Member

OP, you will get a polarizing dynamic of opinions about this. There are huge snobs who see through the crown and only the crown. There are those who welcome "homages" to a certain degree and tolerate co-existing with them. There are those who cannot stand a single scratch on their Rolex and flash them around. There are those who wear them to the ground. Etc., etc.

I don't think these watches do anything to Rolex at all. This isn't a comparison either, it would be foolish to do so. The WIS community knows invicta is the scum of watches. Hey, I had 2 of the invicta subs when I was 18 and didn't know squat about Rolex back then. They definitely can take on water (shower/ swim) but the control quality probably isn't the best so many lemons out there.

For those who have see the quality of Rolex timepieces, invicta or any watch comparable to it simply is, for a lack of a better term, cheap.
iTreelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 10:24 AM   #10
N2theCAPE
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sky-Dweller
I don't get how Invicta hasn't been sued my Rolex, when they first came out they were clearly imitating the popular Rolex watch. I wouldn't dive with a Invicta but to be fair nor would I dive with a Rolex. I don't own an Invicta nor would I ever. Would I wear a Rolex to the pool, beach, etc. Yes definitely

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
N2theCAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:07 AM   #11
trfChris
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116719BLRO
You can dive with any Rolex watch except the Cellini line, and you can dive with the Seiko no problem. I would not dive with the Invicta, I have an Invicta diver which claims to be 500M water resistant, took it to a watchmaker to have it pressure tested and they said don’t even wash your hands with it!
trfChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:16 AM   #12
kunlun
"TRF" Member

I'll be honest: I would take a G-shock 1000x before I wore a watch which pretended to be a rolex, but wasn't.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 01:12 AM   #13
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
100% agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunlun View Post
I'll be honest: I would take a G-shock 1000x before I wore a watch which pretended to be a rolex, but wasn't.
Casios and Seikos are original watches. Invicta is copying the Rolex design. In my experience, the Invictas I owned were poorly made. Rather have a Rolex or if going cheaper, a Casio or Seiko.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 01:03 PM   #14
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Casios and Seikos are original watches. Invicta is copying the Rolex design. In my experience, the Invictas I owned were poorly made. Rather have a Rolex or if going cheaper, a Casio or Seiko.
I can respect your opinion but I must say many watches have a resemblance to Rolex models