The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 1 June 2020, 11:30 PM   #61
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanteanflux View Post
Journe raising prices next month, got ahead of it :)
Didn’t they just had a major price increase last year? Any idea what’s the new MSRP for the CB?
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:54 AM   #62
Skyrider01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m waiting for my tantalum deployant clasp still too - plan to have it with the orange strap for a sportier aquanaut look. I ordered 2 straps, one pin buckle and the clasp without knowing price - oof
I had the opportunity to buy the tantalum clasp, but I passed on it.
For the price, you can get 4 additional straps. Also, only the buckle portion is tantalum. The folding part which comprises most of the clasp is white gold.
I thought it was a little on the pricey side and decided to get extra straps and an extra tantalum pin buckle instead.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:57 AM   #63
Skyrider01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
Thanks Jennifer, Skyrider. I like the suggestions in strap colors. Is there a color selection somewhere? I like the olive and caramel idea. Also would love burgundy or something like this.

Promise to post pics especially of the entire experience. Hoping to get access to the manufacturer and meet the watchmakers - perhaps even the legend himself. One can hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The olive strap does look great as well on the CB.
Old 2 June 2020, 02:04 AM   #64
lanteanflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
I had the opportunity to buy the tantalum clasp, but I passed on it.
For the price, you can get 4 additional straps. Also, only the buckle portion is tantalum. The folding part which comprises most of the clasp is white gold.
I thought it was a little on the pricey side and decided to get extra straps and an extra tantalum pin buckle instead.
Yep agreed I did a double take - thought that was price with a strap included or something! That said I wanted it mostly for security - maybe I’m used to clasps but I found whilst taking off the CB with a pin buckle that the tantalum weight feels like it can slip off the wrist
lanteanflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 02:11 AM   #65
lanteanflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjanef View Post
Didn’t they just had a major price increase last year? Any idea what’s the new MSRP for the CB?
Not sure I just got general message from Australia Hour Glass - perhaps it’s Australia specific, the currency conversions have been very attractive the past few years as brands can’t really hike 10% a year in Australia to keep up with the fall in the currency. Well, except Lange...
lanteanflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 02:27 AM   #66
Skyrider01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yep agreed I did a double take - thought that was price with a strap included or something! That said I wanted it mostly for security - maybe I’m used to clasps but I found whilst taking off the CB with a pin buckle that the tantalum weight feels like it can slip off the wrist
I agree with you. The deployant clasp will make a great addition to your CB and the straps won’t wear out as quickly, which is another plus.
Old 2 June 2020, 10:44 AM   #67
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The olive strap does look great as well on the CB.

Anyone have a pic w the olive strap on the CB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 11:25 AM   #68
Skyrider01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Anyone have a pic w the olive strap on the CB?

Check out mrchronometrebleu on Instagram. Lots of CB pictures with different straps including the olive one.
Old 2 June 2020, 11:39 AM   #69
Ekwity
"TRF" Member

Watch: —>
$20k 2 weeks ago??!!

I’ve never seen one below $35k ever.
Funny enough I was about to make a new thread about this
I live near a Fp Journe boutique and the manager said they don’t even take deposits for the Bleu anymore. The wait is 5-7 years and they’re not sure if Francois Paul will be making them anymore after that time period, which is BS IMO
Ekwity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 11:42 AM   #70
Ekwity
"TRF" Member

Watch: —>
Quote:
That is correct. The list was closed last year when it had reached 8 years. So now it may be down to 7 years, but definitely not 2-3 years.
100% correct
I have a FP Journe boutique by me and they said no more deposits will be taken and the wait time is 5-7 years.
“Francois Paul might discontinue the line after this time period so we can not fulfill anymore orders”
Ekwity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:03 PM   #71
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks Jennifer, Skyrider. I like the suggestions in strap colors. Is there a color selection somewhere? I like the olive and caramel idea. Also would love burgundy or something like this.

Promise to post pics especially of the entire experience. Hoping to get access to the manufacturer and meet the watchmakers - perhaps even the legend himself. One can hope.

I got an additional ostrich strap for my CS from Jean Rousseau. They were a pleasure to work with. I gave detailed measurements of my original strap, as well as my preferred locations and spacing of the holes for the pin buckle. Quality is excellent. Super comfortable, and the fit is better than the original as the center hole is exactly fit to my wrist for normal indoor office work. The hole spacing is 1mm less than normal, so when I loosen it up by one hole, it's not flopping around, it's just right if I need to adjust for activity or if I'm outside for a bit.

Down the road I plan to order a couple more as they kept the measurements in their system. They were able to match the curve of the case pretty well, given that they didn't have the watch on hand. Only bummer was that they don't have access to curved tool-less springbars like the Journe straps. So I purchased some curved bars from a TRF member (Toxic Nato) that fit perfectly after a tiny tweak. But I still need to use a springbar tool to swap straps.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:19 PM   #72
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

F.P. Journe Chronometer Bleu pricing going through the roof!

@skyrider... Thanks - TRF is as close to SM as I get so will search him on google images lol.

Old 2 June 2020, 03:40 PM   #73
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Anyone know how we can get the quick release curved spring bars that come with the FPJ straps? I asked FP boutique but they do not have any "spares" and I can only find quick release straight spring bars or curved but non-quick release bars....
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 09:55 PM   #74
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
I've tried through the AD and Boutique. No way to get on the list. That is what is pushing the price. You just cannot get the watch, even at a ridiculous wait of 7 years. So, I want one. Looks like I will be spending big to get it. Life is too short to wait around.
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 04:44 AM   #75
Skyrider01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
@skyrider... Thanks - TRF is as close to SM as I get so will search him on google images lol.

WatchProSite.com has an FPJ forum as well, with lots of pictures.
If you scroll through, you will find pictures of CBs with all different color straps, including the olive.
Old 3 June 2020, 05:22 AM   #76
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
WatchProSite.com has an FPJ forum as well, with lots of pictures.

If you scroll through, you will find pictures of CBs with all different color straps, including the olive.

Old 4 June 2020, 05:23 AM   #77
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Sitting at the boutique and waiting...

rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 02:36 PM   #78
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sitting at the boutique and waiting...

Congrats and thank you for sharing these exciting moments!!
Old 4 June 2020, 02:48 PM   #79
Mills_
"TRF" Member

My deployant clasp also allegedly "ready to go" when the boutique is able to open.
Mills_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 02:56 PM   #80
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaye View Post
I've tried through the AD and Boutique. No way to get on the list. That is what is pushing the price. You just cannot get the watch, even at a ridiculous wait of 7 years. So, I want one. Looks like I will be spending big to get it. Life is too short to wait around.

Or buy other watches different watch makers or FPJ himself - the cb isn’t his coolest creation and in fact it’s his entry level and just above the quarts. I like the watch and I would get one if offered at retail but not something I would lust after and buy from grey with double retail.

Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 03:03 PM   #81
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

@swaye

Just looked at your profile the centigraphe salmon dial is absolute favorite of mine and way cooler watch than the cb. That’s a great find.

Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 11:55 PM   #82
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collector2019 View Post
@swaye

Just looked at your profile the centigraphe salmon dial is absolute favorite of mine and way cooler watch than the cb. That’s a great find.

Thanks buddy! Yeah, I know that right now I have a couple of splendid FPJs, but I have been trying to get on a list for a CB for over a year, and even with purchase history (modest - two Journes) just can't crack the code. So, if I want it ,and I do, I'll just have to pay up for it. Lucky for me I don't have to pay over retail often, but to me, the CB is worth it. And they do sell in the mid-40's, as a good friend of mine bought a 2019 last week for 45K. It just is what it is at this point.
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 11:54 PM   #83
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I know people love this watch...but I tried it on when a dealer I frequent had one in stock...it literally did nothing for me which surprised me as I expected to love it.

I said, sell it to someone on the wait list.

I do think there's a bit of hype with this piece but I guess for the price point you are getting something quite unique in the marketplace too.
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 11:57 PM   #84
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Personally I prefer the PP 6006 which has more than a passing similarity to the CB with their offset second sub registers
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 01:36 AM   #85
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
I know people love this watch...but I tried it on when a dealer I frequent had one in stock...it literally did nothing for me which surprised me as I expected to love it.

I said, sell it to someone on the wait list.

I do think there's a bit of hype with this piece but I guess for the price point you are getting something quite unique in the marketplace too.
It too did nothing for me when I first saw it back in the days when the CB wasn’t what it is today “hyped”.. until my second try on at the boutique, the manager insisted I bring the watch outside of the boutique under the sun/natural lighting.. it took my breath away.
Old 6 June 2020, 02:15 AM   #86
BendyBee
"TRF" Member

Hyped is a word for over-priced stainless steel sport watches with mediocre finishing and movements. IMHO
BendyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 10:11 AM   #87
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
Personally I prefer the PP 6006 which has more than a passing similarity to the CB with their offset second sub registers

I really wanted to like the 6006... I got over the business of the dial but couldn’t get past the hands. The CB blows away rhe 6006 in my opinion , and I say this as an owner or both brands.

Old 1 July 2020, 08:23 AM   #88
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Gentlemen - with the most recent auction, the CB sold for $50k along with the subscription Journes at +$1M each...

I think these are going to the next level. I call $75k within a year.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 08:49 AM   #89
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

could be $100,000 in a year, depends on how much currency central banks continue to give away.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 09:43 AM   #90
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Gentlemen - with the most recent auction, the CB sold for $50k along with the subscription Journes at +$1M each...

I think these are going to the next level. I call $75k within a year.