The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 February 2020, 07:34 PM   #31
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Interesting vid despite done with an terrible iPhone. rose gold CHF 55K and platinum CHF 58K minus VAT. The dude is so nice.

https://youtu.be/5u9KvJiAhjw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2020, 12:02 AM   #32
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
Interesting vid despite done with an terrible iPhone. rose gold CHF 55K and platinum CHF 58K minus VAT. The dude is so nice.

I enjoyed it but even worse than the iPhone portrait video they edit out the most interesting part at the end where he talks about what he wants to do technically going forward lol
Old 4 March 2020, 04:12 AM   #33
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Good question. I'm on the list for the next wave of allocations ("series 2"). Supposedly he was dishing out allocs in January, but from what I've heard, that hasn't happened yet.

Hey GreenLantern, curious, which version of the series are you interested and have you been confirmed? How does it work? Did you make a visit? And, if confirmed when do you estimate pick up? Thanks for sharing.

Old 4 March 2020, 05:11 AM   #34
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What's tragic is that the poster couldn't be bothered to spell Mr. Rexhepi's name correctly. Ugh, kids...
bigfatpauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2020, 02:17 PM   #35
Mills_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
great piece but i'd prefer the version w/o recessed subdial. My eyes always get stuck on the recessed subdial rather than the whole dial when i look at pics of the production model.
+1
Mills_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2020, 08:46 AM   #36
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Lookout for Series 2 in September or October timeframe. I can’t wait to see it. I am so curious of the new changes and what Mr. Hagmann brings to the pieces.

Old 28 May 2020, 04:26 PM   #37
tlph
"TRF" Member

Curious how the waiting list works? Does it work like those big brands that you only get allocated after you have accumulated enough spending?

I have emailed one of its retailers and was told that I was added on the list but not sure how it works...
tlph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 05:20 PM   #38
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlph View Post
Curious how the waiting list works? Does it work like those big brands that you only get allocated after you have accumulated enough spending?

I have emailed one of its retailers and was told that I was added on the list but not sure how it works...
What would you spend on if you can’t get any of the watches?

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 11:38 AM   #39
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I have not received a piece from them yet and without a retailer in the US, I went straight to Akrivia. Akrivia team are great people. I think the biggest issue is how quickly 4-5 watchmakers can make the desired RR CC. They keep getting more and more press. I wasn’t asked about getting a piece as I did not go through a retailer. Although, it might be a good idea to get that AK-06 as the movement might change in the future. These are first generation watches. Think about fast forwarding 20 years and missing out on a “brass movement Resonance”. Cool brand and great philosophy.

It you haven’t seen it, check out that mini Series from the Hour Glass. So well done! Rexhep seems raw, emotional and a genuine. Good dude!

The Hour Glass : https://youtu.be/scMLzXHldWE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 May 2020, 01:30 PM   #40
tlph
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
What would you spend on if you can’t get any of the watches?
I once emailed their team and was told that the pieces were mostly allocated to "devoted" clients. So I assume maybe get some more AKs before the RRCC?
Old 29 May 2020, 01:30 PM   #41
tlph
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=rockdrock;10642623]I have not received a piece from them yet and without a retailer in the US, I went straight to Akrivia. Akrivia team are great people. I think the biggest issue is how quickly 4-5 watchmakers can make the desired RR CC. They keep getting more and more press. I wasn’t asked about getting a piece as I did not go through a retailer. Although, it might be a good idea to get that AK-06 as the movement might change in the future. These are first generation watches. Think about fast forwarding 20 years and missing out on a “brass movement Resonance”. Cool brand and great philosophy.

It you haven’t seen it, check out that mini Series from the Hour Glass. So well done! Rexhep seems raw, emotional and a genuine. Good dude!

Exactly! I started Journe last year and already missed out a lot of good pieces! everything i wanted was discontinued LOL
Old 29 May 2020, 03:28 PM   #42
ialienam
"TRF" Member

As far as I know, ak06 all sold out too(but maybe Akrivia tourby still available?)

As for RRCC is a different line up to Akrivia, RRCC1 was all sold out literally the year it was released, 2018. Check out SJX IG TV, who had an interview with Rexhep last week. He is working on new RRCC2 i.e. a new movement and case, as how they will slowly do everything in house.

I believe there are only 50 pieces for RRCC1 all sold out, so maybe another 50 for RRCC2?

As for AK06, I think SJX did a review on it and talked about how it's the last gen of its kind, the case and movement (I suppose?) 50 ever made for AK06 i.e. 25 SS and 25 Titanium. AK06 is the first watch with Rexhep's in house movement.

But like above said, Akrivia's case is not for everyone. So who knows, maybe it will be more collectible in the future (e.g. FPJ brass movement).
ialienam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 12:07 AM   #43
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=tlph;10642799]
Quote:

Exactly! I started Journe last year and already missed out a lot of good pieces! everything i wanted was discontinued LOL
Buddy, I totally get that. Same thing happened to me with Journe although I had two years research. What rock was I living under?? Oh wait, the Rolex rock!
Love Rolex but it was the waiting list thing that made me look into other brands. Still am.

Whether the pieces gain value or collectibility (while important), my main purpose is that they are beautiful and I want to wear it. I admire Akrivia, curious what Mr Hagmann will bring to the table, want to see their movement evolution, and imagine what this young guy will do in the future. Not only that, his bro works there too which often times gets overlooked. I want to know about him too. I think he also under the Patek apprentice program.

Old 30 May 2020, 05:09 AM   #44
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

Something to keep in mind is that the CC is "discontinued". They made 32 of each case material and they are all long since sold and about half have been delivered.

The "Version 2" will be a very different watch. It will have two barrels and Rexhepi is being very tight lipped about what the second barrel will be for. Don't count on only three hands for the next one.

Things are going to get complicated, folks.
Old 30 May 2020, 06:38 AM   #45
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks for sharing!

While watching Ralph Waldo Emerson's “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” kept crossing my mind...
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 10:20 AM   #46
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatpauli View Post

The "Version 2" will be a very different watch. It will have two barrels and Rexhepi is being very tight lipped about what the second barrel will be for. Don't count on only three hands for the next one.

That’s interesting. What other complications would use a double barrel? More power? He already had 70 hr power reserve in this first generation. Power indicator? Rementoir Egalite? I don’t know enough about watchmaking. He seemed to really take from his experience at Patek. What Patek complications have double barrels?

What I am not looking forward is a price increase. Version 1 was around 55K USD. Get a feeling we will be looking at 70KUSD plus.

Old 30 May 2020, 02:20 PM   #47
Cozmopak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Something to keep in mind is that the CC is "discontinued". They made 32 of each case material and they are all long since sold and about half have been delivered.

And a lot more expensive
Cozmopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 12:14 AM   #48
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That’s interesting. What other complications would use a double barrel? More power? He already had 70 hr power reserve in this first generation. Power indicator? Rementoir Egalite? I don’t know enough about watchmaking. He seemed to really take from his experience at Patek. What Patek complications have double barrels?

What I am not looking forward is a price increase. Version 1 was around 55K USD. Get a feeling we will be looking at 70KUSD plus.

Who knows. It could be literally anything. Nothing absolutely requires a second barrel. All he said was that one barrel will power the time and the other something else.

In reality, the 55k price of version one was wrong. It is a 75k watch. The new one, now that he is established and it will be a more sophisticated watch, will probably be into 6 figures.
Old 31 May 2020, 12:43 AM   #49
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Me thinks the ship has sailed on landing RR unless you’re an extremely well connected collector. Or just rich AF
Old 31 May 2020, 05:46 AM   #50
Cozmopak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Who knows. It could be literally anything. Nothing absolutely requires a second barrel. All he said was that one barrel will power the time and the other something else.

In reality, the 55k price of version one was wrong. It is a 75k watch. The new one, now that he is established and it will be a more sophisticated watch, will probably be into 6 figures.
I’m not so sure based on the quality of finishing I’ve seen in photos, but as discussed, perhaps those were of the prototype. I haven’t seen one in the metal
Cozmopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 06:22 AM   #51
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmopak View Post
I’m not so sure based on the quality of finishing I’ve seen in photos, but as discussed, perhaps those were of the prototype. I haven’t seen one in the metal
That's the thing: basically no one has seen one. That said the finishing on the AK-06 is absolutely top notch and Rexhepi wanted to push his skills to the next level with his name sake watch.

I suspect none of his customers will be disappointed.
Old 31 May 2020, 10:43 AM   #52
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

I'm in for a CC Series 2. Missed the boat on the first, and was very sad about that.

Will post photos once it arrives, probably next year. :D
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 11:34 AM   #53
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm in for a CC Series 2. Missed the boat on the first, and was very sad about that.

Will post photos once it arrives, probably next year. :D

Congrats! Wow. Got any info on new prices?

Old 31 May 2020, 12:56 PM   #54
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats! Wow. Got any info on new prices?
Unfortunately I have zero info. :(

Just that I'm #1 on the list with my AD and they're expecting to find out total allocations in a month or so.
Old 1 June 2020, 06:40 AM   #55
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Unfortunately I have zero info. :(

Just that I'm #1 on the list with my AD and they're expecting to find out total allocations in a month or so.

GreenLantern, platinum or rose gold version?

Old 1 June 2020, 11:27 AM   #56
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Thanks to Bigfatpauli. I found this to share with others.

https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/05/rex...gram-live.html

Old 1 June 2020, 11:28 AM   #57
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
GreenLantern, platinum or rose gold version?
Platinum.
Old 1 June 2020, 12:17 PM   #58
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks to Bigfatpauli. I found this to share with others.

https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/05/rex...gram-live.html

Old 1 June 2020, 12:19 PM   #59
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Platinum.
Out of curiosity, given that Rexhep hasn't said what case metals will be options, how have you chosen? Much less the dial or complication or pretty much anything else....
Old 8 June 2020, 03:36 AM   #60
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Hey @GreenLantern, check out #Esperluxe’s recent IGTV interview with Rexhep. Look at 37 min in and how he talks on Chronograph work. Wonder if that is the added function talked about the CCv2. Excited for you. Let me know if you get any news on it.