The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 June 2020, 04:17 AM   #1
ttee
"TRF" Member

Waiting for my first AP

I went to HK’s AD and I asked them do they have 15202ST/15500ST in March. Both of them are out of stock and the waiting list of 15202ST was full, so I give them my name and registered for the 15500ST blue dial waiting list.

I’d like to know how long did you guys wait for the 15500ST blue dial usually?

Thanks!
ttee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 04:27 AM   #2
rtanjaya
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
One of my friend waited for a year to get a 15500st blue. He was recommended by a vvip though.

But to get a 15500st blue dial without any purchase prior, I think it would be very difficult, almost impossible.

The 15500st come in 3 other color dials, and they are all beautiful in their own ways. Maybe you can consider those
rtanjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 04:33 AM   #3
ttee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtanjaya View Post
One of my friend waited for a year to get a 15500st blue. He was recommended by a vvip though.

But to get a 15500st blue dial without any purchase prior, I think it would be very difficult, almost impossible.

The 15500st come in 3 other color dials, and they are all beautiful in their own ways. Maybe you can consider those
Thank you rtanjaya.

Actually I think the black dial looks quite good, but I love blue dial the most. Maybe some day I will think about getting a black dial 15500 is okay.
Old 4 June 2020, 05:10 AM   #4
msm2
"TRF" Member

I would let them you are also interested in the black dial. Might come up quicker than blue.
msm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 05:48 AM   #5
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Think you should be prepared for other way around. Black first then blue someday.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 01:49 PM   #6
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Waiting for my first AP

I’ve been trying to get just a grey dial 15500 for over a year with no luck. A jumbo or blue dial 15500 is pretty unlikely without significant purchase history. I’d love to have a 15202 myself one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 12:37 AM   #7
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202ST
I got my silver/white dial 15500 from HK boutique in elements. I think the only AD (i.e. not boutique) is the one in queens rd/central which is owned by king Fook—is that where u put your name on a list? Do you own any APs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rumnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 01:38 AM   #8
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
I always put in a plug for the gray/anthracite dial. It's truly gorgeous and you aren't going to get it immediately but it much easier than blue.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 10:02 AM   #9
J.P. Chase
"TRF" Member

Just got the call today that I’ll have a 15450 incoming! This will be my first AP. Vey excited to join the club.
J.P. Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 10:10 AM   #10
ttee
"TRF" Member

Seems getting the 15500 blue is impossible in this situation. How long do I have to wait for getting the 15500 black dial? Anyone tried it before?
Old 5 June 2020, 10:11 AM   #11
ttee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. Chase View Post
Just got the call today that I’ll have a 15450 incoming! This will be my first AP. Vey excited to join the club.
Congratssss! How long did you wait for it?
But I think this is too small for my 7” wrist.
Old 5 June 2020, 10:20 AM   #12
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttee View Post
Seems getting the 15500 blue is impossible in this situation. How long do I have to wait for getting the 15500 black dial? Anyone tried it before?
I don't think there is any definitive rule and it will vary based on location. Given what is going on, we know even less of what the actual supply is.

Most people that are new to the brand will have to wait a few months to a year for any 15500 (and increasingly the same for a 15450). However, I'm pretty sure there are a few people that have gotten the black/gray variants much sooner. My sense right now is black is slightly more available than gray, but that's just what I gather from messages on here and there probably isn't an appreciable difference. Again, blue isn't happening so no need to even ask because they'll start thinking you're only interested in flipping or the "hottest models".

Also, if you aren't going to get into the brand and probably won't want other AP's, just buy it on the secondary market and be done with it. The premium isn't too bad.
Old 5 June 2020, 11:04 AM   #13
J.P. Chase
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congratssss! How long did you wait for it?
But I think this is too small for my 7” wrist.
My wrist is 6.2 so it’s hard to find the “perfect” fit. I’ve tried to make the Sub 116610 work, but at the end of the day it’s just too big for my wrist. The 34-36 round case size is my sweet spot. (Wish Rolex curved their lugs)

Long story short- I technically waited 37 minutes...PM me if you want details.

To say I got lucky is an understatement. As Seneca best said, “luck is what happens when preparation meeting opportunity.”

Couldn’t be more thrilled.
J.P. Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 11:59 AM   #14
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Love these interested in ap threads lately then the op report he got what he desired. So much appreciation for ap and their customer service.

Look out for just one single thread on the patek forum, you will find none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 01:15 PM   #15
ttee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumnyc View Post
I got my silver/white dial 15500 from HK boutique in elements. I think the only AD (i.e. not boutique) is the one in queens rd/central which is owned by king Fook—is that where u put your name on a list? Do you own any APs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, I went to Queen’s Road Central and I hope this (or 15202ST) can be my first AP.
Old 5 June 2020, 03:21 PM   #16
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, I went to Queen’s Road Central and I hope this (or 15202ST) can be my first AP.

15202st cannot be your first AP unless you go gray. At least not in HK. This is simply not possible even if the boutique/dealer is in love with you and wants to marry you.

HK Boutique has a computerized application process for novelties and special watches and they are allocated centrally based on your history and how much effort the sales person in among other things. Your history being zero means you wont even get on the list. Anyone who tells you otherwise in HK is lying or just being nice.

I have bought a RG ROO camo (limited) from queens road and they told me 15202st list for them is so long they closed it.

You know you are getting close when you frequently get invited to AP house and also to tour the factory in Le brassus. Until then build a collection and get in line like the rest of us (or pay 2x to a gray dealer) for a 15202st.
Old 5 June 2020, 04:56 PM   #17
ttee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
15202st cannot be your first AP unless you go gray. At least not in HK. This is simply not possible even if the boutique/dealer is in love with you and wants to marry you.

HK Boutique has a computerized application process for novelties and special watches and they are allocated centrally based on your history and how much effort the sales person in among other things. Your history being zero means you wont even get on the list. Anyone who tells you otherwise in HK is lying or just being nice.

I have bought a RG ROO camo (limited) from queens road and they told me 15202st list for them is so long they closed it.

You know you are getting close when you frequently get invited to AP house and also to tour the factory in Le brassus. Until then build a collection and get in line like the rest of us (or pay 2x to a gray dealer) for a 15202st.
What do you mean by get invited to AP house and the factory in Le brassus?
Old 5 June 2020, 08:19 PM   #18
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

i think you should look at the other thread (how hard is it to get 15407st) which makes a lot of valid points.

AP is not looking for customers that come and buy the 15202st or 15407st grails which they can sell instantly to anyone anytime at retail. these watches are the endgame (or beginning of the endgame) for may watch fans but i think, if AP has their way, they want this as step 4-8 in their AP journey.

to control this journey and make it more like a club, AP is trying to control the complete experience in their major markets (NY/London/HK). In HK which atleast till recently was the biggest watch market in the world, they have taken over all the stores which are now AP owned and managed except for the last store in queens road which was supposed to be taken over by now but covid has delayed it as i understand it.

The sales staff at the boutiques are really trying to get to know the customer. A part of that experience is AP house which is like a lounge/bar to hang out and have drinks and talk about watches and hobbies etc. They have this in New York and London as well i believe. Part of the experience is also to do a tour of their factory to meet the people who make the watches.

they want to sell these sought after watches to people who love watches and won't flip them (know your customer) and i guess to those who will buy more than just those watches and make the time to hang out and talk watches and visit factory etc.

i am so far enjoying the experience is all i can say. i love talking about watches and so does the sales person i work with at AP and when they feel the passion they know how to get you the watch you want because they have to make a strong case for it and and they can only make a few 'strong cases' since each store/boutique gets 2-3 hot watches a year and they want to make the effort for long term customers.

happy friday! now i am going to start drinking...
Old 6 June 2020, 12:40 AM   #19
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
i

happy friday! now i am going to start drinking...